PDA

View Full Version : insurance

tonym
04-22-2005, 04:24 AM
regarding car insurance.

I am going to get my name put on my mthers insurance so I can drive her car.

A quick question. If I have an accident (crash) then obviously the insurance would go uup and if i decided to insure myself then it would go up as im main driver and because of the crash...but, if i then took my name of my mums insurance (after the crash), then woudl the crash affect her insurance cost and no claims bonuses????

jizzajames
04-22-2005, 05:51 AM
if you crash mommies car, it will only cost her more to have you on her plan. if you crash 4 times, her premium will stay the same, but will cost more for you as an addition each time you crash. the crash is on your drivers record so your premiums will more than likely be higher when youre a big boy and get your own insurance.
make it 2 different numbers. your mom and yours. then add them together. hers stays the same, yours get's more.

now i may be wrong. but that's how it worked with me and my heavy foot when i drove mommies car.
anyone can feel free to go more into depth if needed.

Supa Dexta
04-23-2005, 10:01 AM
Yeah when she renews her's and your not going to be on it, she won't get punished for your claims, if she can proove you have your own insurance on your own vehicle...hers will then only be based on her record... I do believe...

:)