PDA

View Full Version : High School

gen2teggy
04-22-2005, 05:51 AM
high school, do u miss it? what would u have changed? or did u just hate high school. would u wanna re live ur high school days? did u wish u had things u had now back then?

for me, i do miss high school...but i dunno if i wanna do it over again hahah

statick
04-22-2005, 06:06 AM
i'm still in high scgool, and i'm quite anxious to move onto my next step in life, but i guess there are certain things i will miss.

/////AMG
04-22-2005, 06:44 AM
I miss it, I'd do it over again and just take everything alot easier and not worry about so much crap. Also, can't go wong with the hot chicks.:drool: :poosie: :thumbsup:

Speed_69
04-22-2005, 08:00 AM
yea i really miss high school. i'm in my first year college right now but i just found it much funner and less stressful. the only thing i would change is wouldve tried harder to get better grades because now i see how easy high school actually is compared to college/uni. and as for wishing for having things back then that i have now? a CAR!

skandalz
04-22-2005, 08:26 AM
i wouldn't have burnt the place down

soupey
04-22-2005, 08:31 AM
i miss the place, back when social status somewhat mattered haha, good times, good memories, less to worry about...i remember the last day, didnt even seem like it and it just ended and never happened again, i was pretty used to my schedule of goin to school, doin smthn similar to the same thing everyday, i guess it was just weird moving on into uni where your schedule and attendance is entirely up to u...but overall, i miss highschool, prolly the better couple of years of life:p...

3G
04-22-2005, 09:01 AM
i miss high school, id go back, life after high schools a BITCH

nismodrifter
04-22-2005, 10:50 AM
god damn I'd kill to go back to high school. Now that I look back at it I'm not sure why I stressed so much about it. It didn't mean shit.
Now its like every single damn word I write in an essay is a determining factor as to whether or not I'll get to where I want to be. TOO MUCH STRESS!

BerserkerCatSplat
04-22-2005, 10:53 AM
I hated HS, such garbage. It was full of obnoxious pricks and jackasses. University is where life begins.

finboy
04-22-2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by 3G
i miss high school, id go back, life after high schools a BITCH

Originally posted by nismodrifter
god damn I'd kill to go back to high school. Now that I look back at it I'm not sure why I stressed so much about it. It didn't mean shit.
Now its like every single damn word I write in an essay is a determining factor as to whether or not I'll get to where I want to be. TOO MUCH STRESS!

:werd: :werd: :werd:

college is fun, but when you realize how much money you spend on some of the DUMBEST required courses, it really starts to suck. if i could do it all over again, i probably wouldn't change a thing (okay, maybe study more and get a turbo car instead of an 85 jetta), i would just enjoy it for what it was...
a time in your life where it doesn't matter if you screw up at anything :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

QuasarCav
04-22-2005, 11:17 AM
Get high and look at girls asses while maintaining a 85% average. HS was the shit.

Asses, asses, asses, It's been so long.

civicrider
04-22-2005, 11:20 AM
id go back to highschool, it was so much fun i baraly did any work just hung out on spares, the good ol days, gorwing up is gay and responsiblity sucks!

kiwi
04-22-2005, 11:22 AM
I sorta miss high school... if I were to do it all over again, I would have changed some stuff, like getting more involved w/ the school, & taking some things less seriously. :drama:

But I like my life right now, so I wouldn't really wanna go back... ha ha

Darkane
04-22-2005, 11:23 AM
Yeah I loved high school. I can never understand people who hated it? Did ya get picked on or something? Anyway it should be every kids best pre-adult time. After 18 There are good times as well, but no worries and chicks/parties/sports it was Gold. :thumbsup:

jaysas_63
04-22-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
Get high and look at girls asses while maintaining a 85% average. HS was the shit.

Asses, asses, asses, It's been so long.

lol i still spend a good 85% of the time i'm at the uni checkin out the asses.......u HAVE to make time for ass man, its a must....

Weapon_R
04-22-2005, 12:02 PM
People think High School is fun, but wait til you go to College!

That is, unless your a fucking loser in high school....chances are, you'll be one in college too.

Despair*
04-22-2005, 12:42 PM
I miss high school alot. I found it pretty easy, and so I really didn't have to study a whole lot. I also worked a part time job too, and I still had a lot of time to do fun stuff, and play all the good rpgs on my ps1. Other than that there was alot less responsibilites and stress :cry:

BlkMaxima
04-22-2005, 12:46 PM
GIRLS,GIRLS,GIRLS:hitit:
:poosie:

Celica TVS3
04-22-2005, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
People think High School is fun, but wait til you go to College!

That is, unless your a fucking loser in high school....chances are, you'll be one in college too.

I don't find this to be ture. It seems like all the cool kids in high school are now losers (with a few exceptions). And all the losers have graduated with university degrees and have jobs and money.

Who's cooler the nerd in high school who got picked on for making being in the computer lab on his lunch break that now is making $100g a year, or the cool guy that picked on him who is now making the nerd his subway sandwitch?

Chester
04-22-2005, 01:30 PM
I didn't mind high school but I wanted to get out of there. Now that I'm out and doing work that is waaaay harder I would go back in a second. Only thing that I like better is getting out for summer way earlier.

abyss
04-22-2005, 01:39 PM
I don't know if I miss high school, I love my life right now. I miss chatting it up during all my classes and still getting A's while all my friends got c's and d's LOL. I found you realize a lot more about yourself and the people you call friends after high school. After it was all done, I only still hang out with 2 of the 20 people I called my high school friends. Mostly they're all losers who have done nothing with their lives and I felt even within the first few months after grad that they were dragging me down.

Melinda
04-22-2005, 01:58 PM
I miss high school, cause I was involved in a ton of crap and had some really good friends. I loved school though, haha not just the social aspects but I actually loved learning, I miss college for that reason as well. Haha I got teased for it all the time.

However it is super nice to go eat at the restaurants as a college graduate and have the bitchy 'popular' girls serve me my food. They were too busy being popular to do any homework and therefore didn't make it to college, or they made it there, found out they couldnt get by on their looks and non-existant personalities in uni and flunked out.

For those of you who are in HS now, dont worry about your friends and work more on getting involved in things and study more. 95% of the people in high school that I was friends with are people I RARELY talk to anymore, if at all. I can count my friends from high school that I still talk to on a regular basis on one hand lol. It's nothing I would have predicted back then, but it happened that way!

ecstasy_civic
04-22-2005, 02:31 PM
I wish I knew now what I didnt know then, I would have worked alot harder, high school was fun for a bit, but I hardly went anyways lol

If I had to do it all over again, I would have definatley tried alot more things, I went for what I had to do, and that was it.
Hasnt really set me back any as I have a good job now, but would have opened alot more doors for other things.

Oh well.

Weapon_R
04-22-2005, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Celica TVS3

Who's cooler the nerd in high school who got picked on for making being in the computer lab on his lunch break that now is making $100g a year, or the cool guy that picked on him who is now making the nerd his subway sandwitch?

Chances are, if they both went to University/College and graduated from similar programs, those roles would be reversed. If you read my comments carefully, I was talking about those who continued. Believe it or not, there are lots of pretty cool guys/girls that make it to post secondary.

Personality is more important than you think. You've got to be able to sell yourself to get a good job. If you sit in the lab on your lunch breaks and never learn how to interact with people and relate to them, you'll find that you have a long road ahead. Of course, if you're in engineering or accounting, that's fine :poosie:

For the rest of the population who actually have to meet and interact with other people, sitting in a corner at lunch isn't going to get you a 100k/year job. Don't you watch the apprentice ??? That nerdy lawyer vs. the cool lawyer last night??? The nerd wasn't even the project manager, didn't really screw up, but since he was a pussy, Trump banz0red him! In case you missed it, here's what happened :poosie:

Cool guy: "The nerd next to me forgot to hold a focus group. I trusted him."

Trump: "Don't you have anything to say? He's cutting you up and your just taking it"

Pussy: "Ughh...umm, gee, well I worked hard. I love my wife. I love my kids. Ughh...i worked hard."

Trump: "Fuck off pussy! You're FIRED"

mo_virgin
04-22-2005, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Melinda
However it is super nice to go eat at the restaurants as a college graduate and have the bitchy 'popular' girls serve me my food. They were too busy being popular to do any homework and therefore didn't make it to college, or they made it there, found out they couldnt get by on their looks and non-existant personalities in uni and flunked out.

For those of you who are in HS now, dont worry about your friends and work more on getting involved in things and study more. 95% of the people in high school that I was friends with are people I RARELY talk to anymore, if at all. I can count my friends from high school that I still talk to on a regular basis on one hand lol. It's nothing I would have predicted back then, but it happened that way!

You sound a bit bitter, I went to western and as far as im concerned most of the "popular"guys and girls were also the smart ones... not the smartest but nevertheless pretty bright.

I also think that its in a woman's contract in the universe to make as many new friends as possible at every age in life. Where as men don't make many good friends past the age of 25. So to that i say, make close friends in HS and UNI beacuse those are ones who will always be the close ones in the end. There's no bond like a childhood friendship but the college/HS buddies always come at a close second

lastprodigy
04-22-2005, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Melinda
I miss high school, cause I was involved in a ton of crap and had some really good friends. I loved school though, haha not just the social aspects but I actually loved learning, I miss college for that reason as well. Haha I got teased for it all the time.

um you need to be pretty stupid t have to do hw in high school:dunno:

Celica TVS3
04-22-2005, 04:35 PM

Chances are, if they both went to University/College and graduated from similar programs, those roles would be reversed. If you read my comments carefully, I was talking about those who continued. Believe it or not, there are lots of pretty cool guys/girls that make it to post secondary.

Personality is more important than you think. You've got to be able to sell yourself to get a good job. If you sit in the lab on your lunch breaks and never learn how to interact with people and relate to them, you'll find that you have a long road ahead. Of course, if you're in engineering or accounting, that's fine :poosie:

For the rest of the population who actually have to meet and interact with other people, sitting in a corner at lunch isn't going to get you a 100k/year job. Don't you watch the apprentice ??? That nerdy lawyer vs. the cool lawyer last night??? The nerd wasn't even the project manager, didn't really screw up, but since he was a pussy, Trump banz0red him! In case you missed it, here's what happened :poosie:

Cool guy: "The nerd next to me forgot to hold a focus group. I trusted him."

Trump: "Don't you have anything to say? He's cutting you up and your just taking it"

Pussy: "Ughh...umm, gee, well I worked hard. I love my wife. I love my kids. Ughh...i worked hard."

Trump: "Fuck off pussy! You're FIRED"

From my past university experience i found that there were more nerdy kids from high school than cool kids around the school. Obvously if your socially enept you'll have a tough time at life. But even those nerds who played video games in the compter labs at lunch have friends and thier own social circles. As far as personality as a requisite for a job - it depends on the position and company doing the hiriing - different companies are looking for different qualities, they are seeking to hire applicants that match thier corporate culture.

Just for the record i was neither the nerdy kid or the bully. But if you are a loser in highschool it doesn't mean you'll be a nerd in University.

BerserkerCatSplat
04-22-2005, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by lastprodigy

um you need to be pretty stupid t have to do hw in high school:dunno:

Ah, right. I'd forgotten that only "stupid" people do assignments and reports... silly me. :rolleyes:

Xaroxantu Zero
04-22-2005, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSpl
I hated HS, such garbage. It was full of obnoxious pricks and jackasses. University is where life begins.

:werd:

I didn't really enjoy my high school that much. Some of the teachers there were f***ed up, including two business teachers who had a baby but never got married... and they think it's right.

gen2teggy
04-22-2005, 06:37 PM
back in high school, i woulda tryed having more fun....and not be soo shy.

Weapon_R
04-22-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Xaroxantu Zero

including two business teachers who had a baby but never got married... and they think it's right.

Your moral judgment should not, and cannot, be imposed on anyone else. What's not right for you isn't necessarily so taboo for others.

Xaroxantu Zero
04-22-2005, 06:50 PM
It would be if everyone else in my class wasn't thinking the same way. :P

jaysas_63
04-22-2005, 07:03 PM

Your moral judgment should not, and cannot, be imposed on anyone else. What's not right for you isn't necessarily so taboo for others.

:werd: .....we live n a country in which peoples personal beliefs are embrassed and celebrated, if they don't feel a marrage is nessesary to bond a relationship, then power to them.

gen2teggy
04-22-2005, 07:06 PM
this is about a high school forum! its getting off topic :guns:

Xaroxantu Zero
04-22-2005, 07:07 PM
Ok, I guess I wasn't clear about them. Basically the reason why they didn't marry is because if they ever seperate they wouldn't need to go through legal stuff and having a blast at splitting their fortune. This couple really have a lot of faith in each other. :rolleyes:

But yeah, back to high school: I didn't fully enjoy it as I wanted it to be. Sucks to be me. xD

iceburns288
04-22-2005, 07:13 PM
Y'all should ask carfanman for his opinion, he knows a lot about HS education.:thumbsup:

Still in HS, I don't really work that hard but I take the hardest classes I can get into because I want a good record... my preferred school is something along the lines of MIT so I'm gonna need it.:eek: Looking into my preferred career, I'll actually need to heavily study math and science to exceed at what I want to do (aerodynamics) and get where I want to go (an F1 team:drool: )

bspot
04-22-2005, 07:21 PM
For me, highschool was pretty good, but I got alot more confidence after highschool, and overall I'm a much happier person now. If I was the same person back then that I am now, it might have been more fun that it was, but then I wouldn't have ended up being the same now.... deep.

elmo909
04-22-2005, 08:24 PM
I'm still in high school. I can't wait to get out this june.

D'z Nutz
04-22-2005, 09:36 PM
For people who think that high school was the height of their lives, I question whether or not they're stuck in a dead end job and leading a shitty life.

For me, everything got better after high school and it's still getting better! Looking back in high school I wonder why the hell I did such a half ass job at everything! Hahaha! Would I go back? Fuck no. I couldn't wait to get out the first time why the hell would I do it again?! Like many of you have said, most of my close friends from high school are pretty much drifters stuck in shit ass jobs. Not me though :)

T-Dubbs
04-22-2005, 09:54 PM
i miss it soo bad

pixil9
04-22-2005, 10:21 PM
If i ever went back I'd make sure I'm not a stupid faggot wearing all black trying to be cool and hardcore and someone I'm not. I'd be a geek and make some real good friends and got better marks.

Did I have a good time yes.. But looking at myself now.. high school was 3 years.. life is like 60 after that.. what a fucking loser i was.

soo HELLLL NO I'D NEVER GO BACK FUCK THAT SHIT

koopkoop2
04-22-2005, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
For people who think that high school was the height of their lives, I question whether or not they're stuck in a dead end job and leading a shitty life.

For me, everything got better after high school and it's still getting better! Looking back in high school I wonder why the hell I did such a half ass job at everything! Hahaha! Would I go back? Fuck no. I couldn't wait to get out the first time why the hell would I do it again?! Like many of you have said, most of my close friends from high school are pretty much drifters stuck in shit ass jobs. Not me though :)

Why is it that so many college grads think that they're better then the people who still work shit ass jobs? Shit ass jobs have invisble perks that many office workers don't even realize. The first one that comes to my mind is that more decent woman and interesting people work in shit ass jobs. Ugly chicks and boring people end up in offices.

jaysas_63
04-22-2005, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by koopkoop2

Why is it that so many college grads think that they're better then the people who still work shit ass jobs? Shit ass jobs have invisble perks that many office workers don't even realize. The first one that comes to my mind is that more decent woman and interesting people work in shit ass jobs. Ugly chicks and boring people end up in offices.

lol ur perception of ppl with a higher education is pretty warped man......and i don't think i am in any way better than someone with a HS education, we just chose different career paths, we had different interests, but to say that ppl in universitys are not interesting ppl is wrong, theres some awsome ppl at school, not to mention damn fine girls, speaking of: there was this one in my Org. chem class that sat next to me each period....lol tottaly fucked me for the exam.....

edit: and back on topic, do i miss HS, yes for sure, how could u not miss hanging out with a bunch of guys ur age with absolutley no cares, no stress it was a great time, but if u would ask me if i would want to go back the answer would definatley be no, theres no point in living in the past, we have to embrace the future

Weapon_R
04-23-2005, 12:03 AM

Yeah, all the hotties work in warehouses...

Have you ever taken a walk downtown? Gorgeous girls in business suits drive me nuts .

Oh, and a girl who can talk about more than getting smashed on the weekend and showing up with black bags under her eyes every monday is far less interesting than one who can hang with you in any conversation that may pop up.

D'z Nutz
04-23-2005, 12:44 AM

Why is it that so many people have problems comprehending what others say? I never mentioned anything (nor was it my intention) to imply post-secondary graduates have better jobs than non-post secondary graduates. In fact, I know a lot of people whose lives improved greatly after high school without needing to go post-secondary (or even finishing high school). I also know a lot of post-secondary graduates who work shit ass jobs too and will never amount to anything.

All I'm saying is it's sad people reminisce about high school as the high points of their lives, since it obviously went downhill from there. :rolleyes:

JordanEG6
04-23-2005, 01:02 AM
in terms of the learning aspect, high school was useless, always a distraction everywhere you go, no one cares, on the other hand- parties, lotsa friends, fun and grad..which was off the hook btw. but college is better in alot of ways- unlike highschool, everyone is trying to learn and it keeps you focused. i know if i had the same work ethic now as i did in highschool, i woulda dropped out long ago. in terms of fun and personal freedom, highschool is the shit, but college life for me keeps me outta trouble and keeps me focused...i like it.

403Gemini
04-23-2005, 01:20 AM
i woulda actually got a car before grade 12 ;) i wouldnt have dedicated my entire hs career to only 2 girls. HS relationships have like a 99% failure rate and i wish i cuold tell my HS self that. i woulda focused more on school, and i woulda partied more with friends rather than waste weekends with my ex hoe ;)

autospeed
04-23-2005, 12:25 PM
^ haha totally agree with you man. If only I'd seen what uni is like, and the other possibilities out there I'd never have gotten so hung up over the bitch that I liked at the time.

So do I miss high school? Hell yea in the sense that it was just sooo much simpler. I'm sure that's why most everyone else says the same. Not that bullshit that about how it was the highpoint in our life and we're losers now.

I mean seriously, the only things you worried about were ur simple expenses, and those were car, clothes and food. Not parking @3.25/day, $500 worth of books, and a $5 to 6 grand/yr tuition, and having to sell ur car to afford that shit.

Had shitloads of fun in high school, yea I'd go back and change things then, but that's because life now is wayy better, and spotting ur mistakes is easy.

gen2teggy
04-23-2005, 06:31 PM
yeah, its true you do lose 95% of friends in high school.
after grad and the summer....i lost contact wit them.

403Gemini
04-23-2005, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by gen2teggy
yeah, its true you do lose 95% of friends in high school.
after grad and the summer....i lost contact wit them.

yup, its sad, but then i realize the friends i "lost" didnt really grow up, so that cheers me up :D

RSeXy
04-23-2005, 08:55 PM
I don't miss high school. In fact now that I'm done university, I dont' miss school at all! hahaha! I made all the friends I needed there and all the others drifted. So that's how you find out what friendships were worth maintaining as well.

What is funny is that I rarely see people I went to high school with. But I agree with D'z...thigns got progressively better after high school...why the hell would anyone want to have a relapse?

...unless you are a person stuck in a dead end job wishing you were back to the carefree days were you strutted through the halls, thinking you were the king of shiet, ignorant of where you might end up in the future. :rolleyes:

random
04-23-2005, 09:46 PM
High School was fun and all but I don't really miss it any more. I miss seeing some of the people every day, and being as comfortable with the place and the people by the end of it, but that's about it. And I miss house parties a little bit.

University's more work but I almost like that, because there's a focus and purpose to it... and being around focused people allll the time makes it a lot easier, I think. Also, it was time to get out of the HS bubble... meet some new people, do new things. It might be fun to go back and do HS again for like a day... but generally, no, I wouldn't want to do it again. University's too much fun! (in some sick, usually unexciting way)

max_boost
04-24-2005, 12:45 AM
I wish I did better in highschool, grade wise. I slacked off so much, always doing just enough to get by and settling for mediocrity. I found myself a bit too wrapped up in the whole being cool, having a good time time thing. I think a lot of young people go through a stage like that, you lack a bit of direction. I no longer talk to anyone from my school but from what I hear, those who didn't do good in high school, still aren't doing well today.

88CRX
04-24-2005, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
All I'm saying is it's sad people reminisce about high school as the high points of their lives, since it obviously went downhill from there. :rolleyes:

:werd: i was thinking the EXACT same thing.

d-UNiT
04-24-2005, 10:18 AM
theres not a day that passes that i dont wish i could redo high school all over, i didnt break out of my shell until grade 12, i was normally really quite but im not like that at all in real life, and well as you may have noticed pretty obnoxious on these boards, i dunno it was just really intimidating but ya i used to miss a lot of school and i regret it, fuck now im sad.. what a downer:( :cry:

403Gemini
04-24-2005, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by d-UNiT
theres not a day that passes that i dont wish i could redo high school all over, i didnt break out of my shell until grade 12, i was normally really quite but im not like that at all in real life, and well as you may have noticed pretty obnoxious on these boards, i dunno it was just really intimidating but ya i used to miss a lot of school and i regret it, fuck now im sad.. what a downer:( :cry:

yea man i hear that, i dunno its like after high school, uber confidence hit and now i wanna go back haha. also i put on more muscle and weight since then (which is hard to believe since im still scrawny haha)

7thgenvic
04-24-2005, 12:33 PM
i just miss the organized sports! :(