PDA

View Full Version : WTB: HSF for 9700 Pro

moeman
04-22-2005, 08:56 AM
The fan on my 9700 Pro has quit so I need a new one. If you have an original laying around after you upgraded the unit, let me know. Would also consider something along the lines of the Arctic Cooler or a Zalman Heatpipe system if available.

LMK what you have.

Milk2%
04-22-2005, 05:37 PM
I had one about 3 months ago, only if you were quicker. Just go pick one up at memoryexpress, there fairly cheap, i would recommend the arctic cooler, since it shots heat away from the computer, dont get the zalman heatpipe, it doesn't perform as good as a arctic cooler. If you were to go with zalman they have a fan gpu cooler, i would say, doesn't perform as well as the arctic cooler, since it doesn't push the heat away and out the case. But from past experiecnes go with the arctic cooler, best bang for the buck, then if you don't know already you can softmod your 9700 pro to a 9800 pro, [url]www.omegadrivers.com[url] ...best drivers for ati!!!

moeman
04-24-2005, 01:04 AM
Thanks for the info. I would have been quicker had the fan died earlier. Unfortunately, I had no control over that sort of thing.

I just need the original HSF, so if anybody has upgraded to something else and has the old one sitting around, let me know.

And you can't soft mod a 9700 Pro to a 9800 Pro. Different chips. You can flash the BIOS and overclock the heck out of your 9700 Pro to attain 9800 Pro performance levels, possibly, but is it worth 10% more performance with the risk of pooching your card? Not in my books. I just don't overclock.

Anyway, I just need an original HSF or a decent aftermarket one so I can run this thing at stock speeds happily all day. Works fine with no fan, but I don't want to push it.