PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy 12" sub

bundi
04-22-2005, 03:38 PM
Car got broken into last week.. back window smashed out.. assholes stole my sub....

Theres a place in Lethbridge here that has a 12" "dragster audio" sub for sale... $419 marked down to $250... personally I've never heard any of em.. they didn't have any hooked up either so just wondering on the quality of the sub.. I'll be runnin on a RF 351M amp (350W rms at 2 ohms I believe)

I had a RF P2 400W sub before with one of those ported Bassworx boxes, this is also going into my 240sx, the ported box sounded good but i'm not sure if it was the best for the car..
So if anyone has any suggestions I'd be glad to hear it.. don't wanna spend over 300 for a sub.. would preferably spend closer to 200

thanks

BumpinTalon
04-22-2005, 03:44 PM
I got a Polk Audio EX2 12" from a couple years back I'll sell to you for $60 sub & box :) gets damn loud, especially for $60. put it in a ported box and I can imagine it would sound awesome. this sub is mostly for SQ..

Weapon_R
04-22-2005, 03:45 PM
Dragster audio? :confused:

$250 for a no name sub?

Buy the Polk Audio for $60 and call it a day. Polk makes some very good subs. I also have a polk and im very happy with it.

rahim
04-22-2005, 03:46 PM
dragster isn't no name its swedish or some shit

bundi
04-22-2005, 03:48 PM
I think she said they were italian?? they were distributers for Rockford before rf started doin it themselves so they told me... and ur thinking a ported box will sound best>?

Weapon_R
04-22-2005, 03:51 PM
Ported boxes sound like shit. They get loud, but if you actually want a sub that hits clean, keep it in a sealed box.

Dragster audio is unknown if I can't even find a decent site that has their specs. Good luck trying to find support. For $200-300, there are a million other brands that sound a lot more enticing.

bundi
04-22-2005, 03:57 PM
very good point...
I am all about crisp clean sound.. I don't want it to be just loud... I just want it to sound very very good...

Thinking about chuckin my OEM speakers from my car too.. they're 4x6 all around... I'm a big fan of infinity.. any other suggestions?

BumpinTalon
04-22-2005, 04:12 PM
if you aren't buyin anything a mod should move this to the ICE section :)
if you want decent speakers, Infinity is great stuff, they got real clean treble and tight midbass which should be your main consideration for speakers. other brands are hit and miss, lately a lot of brands have been just focusin on cosmetics with their speakers and good sound is bein passed over.
after Infinity, I'd recommend JL Audio's speakers (they can be had really, really cheap second hand) and Alpine's Type S speakers (Type Rs sound muddy).

bundi
04-22-2005, 05:01 PM
Well I'm looking to buy, if anyone has a good deal for me then I'll buy :D

Hash_man
04-22-2005, 06:35 PM
If you don't want to spend a ton and you want some pretty good stuff check out Hertz... Made by elletromedia, same corporation as Audison amplifiers... Hand assembled in Italy, and they're stuff is really reasonably priced. :thumbsup:

www.hertzaudiovideo.com

bundi
04-22-2005, 07:04 PM
coo thx I'll check it out