PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here flair?

davidI
04-23-2005, 12:57 AM
I'm not a bartender or anything but I was hoping to pick up a few flair tricks to work on so I can show off when I'm out boozing with buds or have a little something up my sleeve if I travel somewhere and work at a bar/pub. Anyone have any good links or resources to learn some of the basics?

cman
04-23-2005, 01:00 AM
steve mclavish at tequila runs a flair bartending school every once in a while if you were serious enough to spend cash.

ninjak84
04-23-2005, 02:30 PM
Bartending schools and "How-To" books are pretty stupid.

Get a few empty bottles of different sizes, and wrap them in duct tape really good. Then just practice flipping them around for a while. Make sure you're comfortable with various amounts of liquid in the bottles too. Keep the lids so you can fill them up with different amounts.

davidI
04-23-2005, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84

Get a few empty bottles of different sizes, and wrap them in duct tape really good. Then just practice flipping them around for a while. Make sure you're comfortable with various amounts of liquid in the bottles too. Keep the lids so you can fill them up with different amounts.

Yea, that's what I have been doing. I guess what I'm looking for are some videos or examples of the basics just so I can learn and copy....most videos I see are guys doing incredible stuff that is way past a beginners ability.

jaysas_63
04-23-2005, 02:56 PM
i dunno about u of c, but over here at u of a there is a flaring club that ui can join for liek 5 bux, and they teach u all the basics...soem friends did it and they seem to be having fun.....

hjr
04-23-2005, 05:10 PM
try some of these links http://www.webtender.com/index/Bartending/Flair/