PDA

View Full Version : buggin clifford alarm

twisted turbo
04-24-2005, 12:11 AM
I just had a clifford alarm installed in my 03 jetta that already had a factory alarm. Now every once in a while it wont lock or unlock the doors and not set the factory alarm with the aftermarket one. I want to dissable the factory alarm so my f***ing door locks work with the clifford and not have to worry about it. But I am affraid if I do somthing drastic....... the factory engine kill will kill it for good or not be able to lock and unlock my doors at all. If all it takes is to pull a fuse to deactivate it then right on!!!! But if its more tricky then that I'd like some help. If no one know what to do if you could give me a contact # to reach a tech that would be great!

Thanks for everyones help!!

Strugari
04-24-2005, 10:10 PM
Hi,
What is the model of the alarm? Sounds like it may just be a setting on the unit.
If the alarm is set to have domelight supervision, the doors may not lock as the Jetta will think a door is open, thus not locking or setting the factory alarm.
Another thing is to find out what wires were used for lock and unlock. PM me and I can send a schematic of the vehicle and the alarm:thumbsup: