PDA

View Full Version : Gran Turismo 3's Fatal Flaw

4wheeldrift
05-17-2002, 08:52 PM
TIRE WEAR! Its just plain pissing me off. Tires wear unrealistically fast. You get like 2 laps out of a set of super soft compounds before they are gone. On my C5R you're lucky to get 4 laps out of a set of medium hard tires before the fronts are destroyed to the point where the car won't turn. Its pissing me off :banghead:

rage2
05-17-2002, 08:56 PM
Yep. I remember the super soft compounds on the F1 cars, they're like qualifying tires! Even the harder compounds wear out after 6 or so laps at Seattle.

4wheeldrift
05-17-2002, 09:00 PM
I got four laps out of a set of medium hard compounds on Grand Valley Speedway before the fronts were so fried the car plowed like a bastard :banghead: I hate needing to sets of tires for every car, a set of super soft for races without tire wear and a set of hockey pucks for races with tire wear :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

kenny
05-18-2002, 02:31 AM
Yeah, tire wear was annoyingly rapid in GT3. I did so bad in races with tire wear as I would try to squeeze an extra lap in, only to end up plowing off every corner. :mad:

Btw Warren, how is that new rally game for PS2 you were talking about awhile ago?

4wheeldrift
05-18-2002, 07:34 AM
That would be World Rally Championship. I rather enjoy it actually. Its a bit more arcadey than I was expecting, but it is a lot of fun :) I posted a big long review about a month back on AB cars. If I could get on the site I'd post the URL for you :)

Edit: Found the url: http://www.albertacars.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2496&highlight=world+rally+championship