PDA

View Full Version : '95 nissan 240 sx

COb
04-25-2005, 12:04 AM
i am considering to get a '95 nissan 240sx...
what do you guys think of this car...any suggestions?

Zephyr
04-25-2005, 12:09 AM
Keiichi Tsuchiya(Drift King) says that the S14 is the most balanced FR car for drifting. I drive a S13, but S14 are just as nice and newer! Very good car, torquey engine too...can be a bitch to work on though at times..

Ichigo
04-25-2005, 03:12 AM
For drifting?? Damnit.. I bought it for grip racing.. feels ripped off..

vietdood
04-25-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by COb
i am considering to get a '95 nissan 240sx...
what do you guys think of this car...any suggestions?

it's a horrible car. buy a civic, they're hot. :thumbsup:

heavyD
04-25-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by vietdood

it's a horrible car.

I agree.:D

dymz999
04-25-2005, 10:42 AM
Whomever told you the S14 was better for drifting was telling a bit of a lie. The S13 89-94 (except the convertible) has way better handling and is better for circuit type racing, way better. The s14 personally is way to boxy, never much been a fan of it. If your going to get a 240 i would say try to find a 93/94.

SpoonEK9@STRD
04-25-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by dymz999
Whomever told you the S14 was better for drifting was telling a bit of a lie. The S13 89-94 (except the convertible) has way better handling and is better for circuit type racing, way better. The s14 personally is way to boxy, never much been a fan of it. If your going to get a 240 i would say try to find a 93/94.

its fact that s14 handles better than an s13...(stock to stock)

DonJuan
04-25-2005, 11:16 AM
The S14 boxy? I would have thought the S13 Coupe was a bit boxy (esp the silvia) but I still love em.

crazydave
04-25-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by heavyD

I agree.:D

:whocares:
i love the s14, great choice to consider one!:D and Zephyr is right(according to "drift bible") that the s14 is better for "drifting" because it is less prone to under steer like the s13 is.

statick
04-25-2005, 12:05 PM
i owned one of these cars for about 6 months and i absolutely loved it. I intend on buying another one and modding it once i have a stable job/finished with school. theyre not great cars to drive in the winter, but with winter tires and appropriate driving, you'll get around as you should.

hampstor
04-25-2005, 07:10 PM

As I recall, 91-94 S13's had KA24DE motors but they only made convertibles for 1994 model year. I could be wrong though!! It's been 4 years since I owned a 240SX :D

S14's are sexy! try to get one w/ 5 lug already vs the 4 lug.

error*
04-25-2005, 10:38 PM
rx7 all the way

dymz999
04-26-2005, 01:41 AM
You guys need to check out some of the top drift cars in japan. they are silvia converted trucks. The reason why the S13 is amazing at drift if your skill is good is because it is simply not as wide, just like the S15 which is not as wide as the S14. The only plus with the S14 is you get rid of the nasty popup lights.

And the convertible was available in late 1992, 93 and 94. For the record it is not worth doing much of anything to. It was created just so people could have a convertible and personally it looks like Ass with the top down and up.

ALL THat matters IS THAT When you spend a little bit of money on some decent suspension there aren't many other import cars that will compete.

heavyD
04-26-2005, 07:39 AM
The guy asked for opinions on the 240 not how they perform automotive ballet. Drifting is a ricey fad that will soon be gone and never heard of again (if we're lucky. :D ). Lets get back on the subject on if the 240 is a decent car or not. I say it's a pretty average vehicle.

crazydave
04-27-2005, 03:56 PM
The guy asked for opinions on the 240 not how they perform automotive ballet. Drifting is a ricey fad that will soon be gone and never heard of again (if we're lucky. :D ). Lets get back on the subject on if the 240 is a decent car or not. I say it's a pretty average vehicle.

:rofl: why dont you go hit a pole!

heavyD
04-27-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by crazydave

:rofl: why dont you go hit a pole!

With your head?:whocares:

chris
04-27-2005, 04:04 PM
if you're going s14, try to find a 97-98, gotta love those headlights

crazydave
04-27-2005, 04:05 PM
:eek: :rofl: :banghead: why dont you stop starting these stupid fucking "i hate drifting" wars! if its a fad keep it to your self.FAG:guns:

AsianCaucasian
04-27-2005, 04:08 PM

With your head?:whocares:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

jegger69
04-27-2005, 04:11 PM
HAHAH HE IS GAY ASK SLIMEBALL

heavyD
04-27-2005, 04:12 PM
:eek: :rofl: :banghead: why dont you stop starting these stupid fucking "i hate drifting" wars! if its a fad keep it to your self.FAG:guns:

You perform ballet with your car and call me a fag?:dunno:

crazydave
04-27-2005, 05:11 PM
Ballet????:rolleyes: get over it

hampstor
04-28-2005, 01:16 AM
I have to admit, drifting appears to be a fad like the hypercolour shirts back int he day :drama:

It's cool to watch and all, im sure it's fun to be drifint, but it gets really boring to watch after a bit.

240boy
04-28-2005, 02:11 AM
first off to comment on the car i personally own an s13 my friend just purchased and s14 and he is in love as i was with my car when i got it! They are both great cars, although the s14 can be abit more time consuming whenit comes to repairs and/or modification!

My only concern with what everyone else is saying is that if the s14 is so much better of a drift car why is it that 90% of the drifitng videos making thier way arround the net showcase the s13 more often than the s14.

......i am a drifting fanatic and found that my friends s14 felt a bit bulky, this may be that i am not used ot the car. i did not try to drift the car just found that it felt bulky for some reason.

To answer your question yes the s14 is a good car, my advice would be to drive an s13 and s14 and see whitch you like better. it seems to me that s14 drivers love thier cars and say that they are better than the s13....however with s13 owners like myself feel the oposite.....

If you are going to purchese an s14 i would also say yes try to find one with the 5 bolt vs. the 4 bolt as that is a usual upgrade......if u are buying it as a daily driver sure go for it regardless !

also in regards to the "drifting is a fad staement" it is not liek drifting just came to be it has been arround in japan for mnay years......prolly already longer than the technocolor t-shirts.! :drama:

240boy
04-28-2005, 02:15 AM

You perform ballet with your car and call me a fag?:dunno:

did u wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning or did both your cars get CRANK walk? If you dont like drifting fine that is your opinion but i am sure that there are others who dont like DSM's out there and i dont see them basshing the shit outta them on the boards ...... especially ina thread regarding a car not a sport!

heavyD
04-28-2005, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by 240boy
did u wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning or did both your cars get CRANK walk? If you dont like drifting fine that is your opinion but i am sure that there are others who dont like DSM's out there and i dont see them basshing the shit outta them on the boards ...... especially ina thread regarding a car not a sport!

Read my 2nd post sherlock. I didn't bash the 240, I just said it's a very average car. Average looks, mediocre engine (stock), average handling, & average reliability. RWD is the only thing its got going for it.

The guy asked what people thought of a 95 240. Next thing you know the ballerinas are arguing about whether the S13 is a better drift car than the S14 which you contributed to also so why don't you STFU about drifting keep your opinions to about the car only.:english:

BTW: This thread isn't about DSM's so stick the crankwalk up your ass.

DonJuan
04-28-2005, 10:08 AM
did u wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning or did both your cars get CRANK walk?
:D Zing!!! Excellent job newbie. Hit em where it hurts!

heavyD
04-28-2005, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by DonJuan
:D Zing!!! Excellent job newbie. Hit em where it hurts!

It would only hurt if it was true.:rolleyes:

crazydave
04-28-2005, 02:56 PM

did u wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning or did both your cars get CRANK walk?
OWNED!
and quit with the ballerina shit, it does not make sense!:banghead: :rofl: :guns: :whocares:

on another note. i like s14s,they got good styleing, and the reliablility beats.....o say a DSM anyday.

heavyD
04-28-2005, 03:02 PM
like s14s,they got good styleing, and the reliablility beats.....o say a DSM anyday.

Pretty easy to say when Mitsubishi/Chrylser sold hundreds of thousands of DSM's and Nissan sold maybe 20000 S14's in North America because customer's passed on them new in favour of DSM's and Honda's.

Nothing like being OWNED by the truth eh girls.:thumbsup:

BTW: You guys started DSM bashing. I only bashed drifting, not the 240. You can end it now or not because you won't beat me at a DSM vs. 240 argument.

crazydave
04-28-2005, 03:05 PM
what do numbers have to do with anything??? we are talking about RELIABILITY, not who sold more cars here....:rolleyes:

heavyD
04-28-2005, 03:06 PM
what do numbers have to do with anything??? we are talking about RELIABILITY, not who sold more cars here....:rolleyes:

What does reliablity of DSM have to do with anything in this thread either?

OWNED gain.

BTW: Numbers mean alot when modded DSM outnumber modded 240's 50-1. You are probably going to hear about a few more DSM owners breaking their car don't you think?

crazydave
04-28-2005, 03:15 PM

Pretty easy to say when Mitsubishi/Chrylser sold hundreds of thousands of DSM's and Nissan sold maybe 20000 S14's in North America because customer's passed on them new in favour of DSM's and Honda's.

what the hell does this have to do anything! if you would have kept your thoughts to your self about drifting then i wouldnt be argueing with you right now. either way i agree this argueing is stupid and i could care less what you think of me, and vise versa. we could bash people all day over the stupid inernet but in the end it doesnt really amount to anything.

heavyD
04-28-2005, 03:18 PM

what the hell does this have to do anything! if you would have kept your thoughts to your self about drifting then i wouldnt be argueing with you right now. either way i agree this argueing is stupid and i could care less what you think of me, and vise versa. we could bash people all day over the stupid inernet but in the end it doesnt really amount to anything.

Best thing you said all day.:D

crazydave
04-28-2005, 03:51 PM
thanks!:D its just stupid what we argue about these days. not accepting defeat, as neither are you but its all good.

240boy
04-28-2005, 07:11 PM
not to stir the pot or anything but the reason you see more DSM's done up is that is is a hell of alot cheaper to mod a DSM...yes it is true that there are more modded dsm's that 240's but i beile that is something that is quicky changing....if you dont fine thats your own opinion........and you are 100% intitled to it, however i have only stated facts not my opinion towards you or your car........i only stated my opinion on the s14 because it is something completely driver prefred......and i think you need to calm down with the bashing of drfiting because it again is an opion some people like it and some dont......so let it be !

DonJuan
04-30-2005, 11:26 PM
just a thought, but perhaps the 240 may have sold better if Nissan had tossed in the SR instead of the KA. But honestly everytime I see a modded DSM I suddenely have an image of Paul Walker and somthin lime green and floor pans flying off etc... with this in mind, it becomes truly hard to them seriously. I mean sure they are quick, and with a few mods even quicker, but god damn, they are almost as common as a civic. And all the AWD launches result in rebuilding something every other winter...

quikkoop
07-10-2006, 02:57 PM
Guys, HeavyD is just jealous that he cant drift is all. Leave the american 'muscle' alone, we all know hes just jealous of the import scene, and everything that goes along with it ie: drifting.

CryoCarnage
07-10-2006, 03:46 PM
Holy fuck guys stop starting flame wars. he asked about the s14, not dsm, and not about drifting. And i for once agree with heavy D, they are average cars. They are fun but they have lackluster performance compared to other cars that are in the price range (ie. DSM, Mark 3 Supra, Celica All-Trac etc,) but they are realiable. Just buy one soon before the prices skyrocket due to Tokyo Drift. Supply/Demand Sucks -_-

Originally posted by quikkoop
Guys, HeavyD is just jealous that he cant drift is all. Leave the american 'muscle' alone, we all know hes just jealous of the import scene, and everything that goes along with it ie: drifting.
And you watch your mouth, we dont need Trolls like you around here.

kdwebber
07-10-2006, 05:20 PM
Do they even make the srt-4 anymore? Which car lasted longer in production the srt-4 or the 240? Just becuase a car sells a lot doesn't make it good, ie sufire, cavalier etc etc.

finboy
07-10-2006, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by kdwebber
Do they even make the srt-4 anymore? Which car lasted longer in production the srt-4 or the 240? Just becuase a car sells a lot doesn't make it good, ie sufire, cavalier etc etc.

if you read this thread you would see that he is making a point of saying because dsm's outsold 240's, more would be modified and as such more would break.

mod a car, it is more likely to break, end of story.

as per 240's (mainly s14's), they are more or less the new civic, personally i prefer the ka-t to the sr20, the potential is about the same out of each (dollar for dollar) but the ka-t feels more fun to me as it is MUCH more torquey. parts will get cheaper, more of them will get crashed with drifting so finding parts should get easier (but not as easy as civic's, because of the limited number sold).

DonJuan
07-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble guys but this story ended 04/30/05. Go S14! and HeavyD my car is faster than yours! nah nah nah nah nah nah LOL! :rofl: