PDA

View Full Version : Streetbikers: The new ricers in town

Pages : [1] 2

Redlyne_mr2
04-25-2005, 12:09 AM
I've always hated streebikes, I think they are the most useless, and retarded machines ever made. Granted I do have many good friends who ride them so I'm not here to bash them or their choice in vehicles at all. What bothers me is that lately whenever I encounter a guy/girl on a streebike they are pulling 4-5 gears through traffic which means they are usually tripling the speed limit. They're doing gay shit at stop lights like endos and burnouts or they're parking their bikes on sidewalks wherever they please because they actually think people are impressed that they spent $12K on their stupid piece of shit. It just amazes me how reckless and stupid so many streebikers out there are. Just because you get to wear a helmet on the street and dress like a dumbass in flashy leathers doesn't mean you're Schumacher so slow the hell down if you're one of those fags.

SikAssR1
04-25-2005, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
I've always hated streebikes, I think they are the most useless, and retarded machines ever made. Granted I do have many good friends who ride them so I'm not here to bash them or their choice in vehicles at all. What bothers me is that lately whenever I encounter a guy/girl on a streebike they are pulling 4-5 gears through traffic which means they are usually tripling the speed limit. They're doing gay shit at stop lights like endos and burnouts or they're parking their bikes on sidewalks wherever they please because they actually think people are impressed that they spent $12K on their stupid piece of shit. It just amazes me how reckless and stupid so many streebikers out there are. Just because you get to wear a helmet on the street and dress like a dumbass in flashy leathers doesn't mean you're Schumacher so slow the hell down if you're one of those fags.

not bashing huh?

Redlyne_mr2
04-25-2005, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by SikAssR1

not bashing huh?
I wouldnt have posted if this was my first encounter, nor would I if it was my second or third but ever since it's been warm, about every second day I see dumbass on a street bike doing something stupid on the streets. Hell even sitting at my place the other day I heard a bike go through 4 gears...you obviously know how fast he must have been going.

Idratherbsidewayz
04-25-2005, 12:21 AM
I completely agree. Every other day Ill see 2 or 3 bikers riding. I think to myself, thats cool they're following the speedlimit. Then all of a sudden one of them does a wheelie and they all speed off...

finboy
04-25-2005, 12:29 AM
i'm going to have to agree here, there are a lot of cool sport bike guys, but there are also a LOT of dumbasses.

enough bs about "i'm faster then traffic, so i should be ahead of them" because when you are weaving THROUGH traffic you will still cause an accident. I fully understand that it is tough to be a bike in traffic, you are smaller, harder to see, and calgary drivers suck, but that doesn't give you a free pass to cut between cars, ride on the shoulders, stunt, or go 3 times the posted speed limit on public streets.

shit, i think a majority of problems would be solved if you just didn't allow bike licenses to anyone under 25 :dunno:

buh_buh
04-25-2005, 12:34 AM
I'm gonna have to agree.
I think pretty much everytime I've seen a streetbike, they are usually doing like 3x the limit and trying to get ahead of "the pack" of cars they were stuck at the stoplight with. I guess speed limits are only for cars now.:dunno:

replayboy
04-25-2005, 12:38 AM
:werd:

DuPont
04-25-2005, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by buh_buh
I'm gonna have to agree.
I think pretty much everytime I've seen a streetbike, they are usually doing like 3x the limit. I guess speed limits are only for cars now.:dunno:
I would never have enough restraint to ride one responsibly, and sadly most of the dicks on these bikes don't either.

Hash_man
04-25-2005, 12:45 AM
I totally agree... Just the other night, saturday night, driving southbound on Macleod trail at like 11pm two sport bikes rip ahead through traffic, at least doubling the speed limit, and then to endo's when stopping at the red lights.

And this isnt the only occasion i see this kind of crap happening, I take blackfoot to get to work almost every day, and last week, saw a pack of about 8 bikes doing wheelies and crap down blackfoot, easily doubling the speedlimit.

:thumbsdow :thumbsdow

BlueGoblin
04-25-2005, 12:55 AM
By "Streetbike", I assume you mean 'sportbike' or 'repli-racer' or something like that.

using 'Streetbike' to represent all road-oriented bikes is a bit like saying how much you hate 'coupes' when you mean riced out Hondas. A 12 hp CB125 is a streetbike as much as a Yamaha R1 with 170 hp.

While I do not dispute the fact that there a number of irresponsible riders out there, they tend to be people who pick up a bike out of their skill league, ride it for a short period of time and quit after crashing a bunch. These people are often referred to as 'squids' and are generally looked down upon by most riders.

The vast majority of sportbike riders are pretty responsible about their machines and how they ride them. You are probably less likely to notice them though. I myself have riden sportbikes (as well as adventure-tourers, dual purpose and classics) for 18 years and have yet to crash (touch wood). I also taught riding for several years and am passionate about riding despite those who create a bad name for riders.

I am curious though what you find retarded and useless about them other than the fact that some people drive them foolishly. Most modern sportbikes develop 150+ hp from under 1000cc, still idle smoothly, get 40+ mpg, require very little maintenance and cost less than the cheapest of new cars. Taken to the track, they can turn 9-11 second quarters all day and with no modification then turn hot laps on a road course. Some of them can even carry two in reasonable comfort. In many ways, they are a perfect fair-weather sporting machine.

Schumacher, incidentally, drives a car. If you wish to invoke a racing name in a perjorative fashion against riders, a quick trip down google lane will likely provide you with some relevant names.

mdeleon
04-25-2005, 04:31 AM
Even though I agree with what you're venting about, you're aiming directly at all riders with some of your comments such as buying a bike or wearing a helmet and leathers (oh and by the way, Schumacher's leathers, who drives an F1 car, and a motorcycle racer's leathers such as Valentino Rossi's are totally different, but the point is if you're gonna make that kind of comment at least get the reference right, cuz i don't think a bike rider would feel like an f1 driver). There are a few asses out there who do stupid shit but you should address your comments drirectly at them.

it'd just be like a biker venting (which isn't even venting anymore it's bitching) about ricers who drive cars but saying, "just cuz you can just lean back in your driverseat and jackoff at a stoplight instead of having to hold a bike up doesn't mean you should rev your engine and do burnouts when the light turns green. or just cuz you have an intake, header, and exhaust installed, doesn't make you fast." Now do all cars rev their engines and do burnouts at lights? Do all cars with mods speed all the time? No. So I'm just sayin ease to what type of riders your directing your comments to, and if you're not bashing your friends for how they ride they MUST ride responsibly thus proving that not every rider is immature. and if your friends are one of the stupid ones, why not bitch at them and try to make a difference by gettin them to straighten up?

mdeleon
04-25-2005, 04:36 AM
hey i didn't even notice, mine and BlueGoblin's posts are similar...except he used bigger words such as "perjorative" and if they're not bigger words, how sad for me then :( hehe

ixlr8
04-25-2005, 07:33 AM
As of the last ten years, I have yet to see one "Sportbike" simply driving the speed limit, for an extended period.

SikAssR1
04-25-2005, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by ixlr8
As of the last ten years, I have yet to see one "Sportbike" simply driving the speed limit, for an extended period.

:rolleyes:

Dave P
04-25-2005, 08:37 AM
Squids give sport bikers a bad name
Ricers give import enthusiast a bad name.

Same shit different pile

brandon
04-25-2005, 08:43 AM

:werd: I have many buddies who have bikes and I respect them for that. But the truth be told that most guy's who buy these bikes are 17, 18, 19, 20 and want to show everyone that thier bike is faster then our cars and try to show off. What happened to that biker on friday I belive? he was stunting and slide in a taxi and passed away later that day? try going down the deerfoot extension to okotoks. (now I know everyone speeds on that and I am guilty of it too) but when I am going 150 and getting passed by someone nearly doubling my speed in a group of 4 riders then its fucking stupid.

talonboi
04-25-2005, 08:45 AM
the pass few weeks, i;ve seen maybe 2-3 bikes ride the speed limit, but the rest of them were just assholes...

we all know not all of you ride like assholes, just the majority, so if u ride nice, feel special, cause your a few outta the many that has a brain

Kaos
04-25-2005, 10:12 AM
I back up RedLynes bashing.

http://www.gov.calgary.ab.ca/citybeat/public/2005/04/release.20050423_195159_27186_0

http://www.gov.calgary.ab.ca/citybeat/public/2005/04/release.20050423_161003_25108_0

I seen this on the news.
It doesnt say what happened but he was doing a wheelie in a RESIDENTIAL area and then lost control into a car.

bol
04-25-2005, 10:32 AM
How is this any different than the "fags" in their imports and domestics acting like complete numskulls?

Not that there aren't idiots on bikes(because there sure as hell are.) There are more morons on four wheels. It's just easy to bash a given group of people(be it ricers or sportbikers.)

B17a
04-25-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Kaos
I back up RedLynes bashing.

http://www.gov.calgary.ab.ca/citybeat/public/2005/04/release.20050423_195159_27186_0

http://www.gov.calgary.ab.ca/citybeat/public/2005/04/release.20050423_161003_25108_0

I seen this on the news.
It doesnt say what happened but he was doing a wheelie in a RESIDENTIAL area and then lost control into a car.

:werd: Check out my encounter last week.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84217

Bol, I think (with no statistical info to confirm) that the proportion of guys who own sportbikes and drive recklessly is by far higher than regular ricers. There are more idiots in cars, but the ratio of idiots on bikes is higher. Just my observations. I actually am shocked when I see a guy on a sportbike going the limit, I'm always waiting for the quarter mile wheelie at the next light or the 0-60 in 4 seconds.

finboy
04-25-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Dave P
Squids give sport bikers a bad name
Ricers give import enthusiast a bad name.

Same shit different pile

except bikes are much faster and much more nimble, and as such, give someone more power and they will try to use it.

when a 16 year old gets their lisence and then his parents go out and buy him lets say a 500hp car that can accelerate as fast as a bike (just for an example), i'm willing to bet most people on this board are thinking the same thing, WAY to inexperienced for it.

same story goes for people who just get their bike lisence and you allow them to get a bike that can run 11's in the 1/4 mile and go WAY to fast for their abilities. Experienced riders would probably have no problem pushing a bike to its limits (on the track) but the problem stated by a lot of the people in this thread is...

A. a lot of people showing off on the street (i'll be the first to say that i've seen more then just 1 or 2 bikers driving responsibly)

B. giving a machine to people who aren't used to that much power with that little amount of weight.

hell we've even had a few of the "my bike is faster then traffic, so i deserve to be ahead of them" guys pop up on beyond...
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66424&highlight=ground+pilots
i just hope this doesn't turn into another one of those threads.

but props to the guys who don't drive like asses in traffic, bikes are impressive, just not my cup of tea. :thumbsup:

idriveabox
04-25-2005, 10:58 AM

:werd: I agree. MOST drive like idiots and tail you so bad, you want to slam your brake and send em flying. I guess nature will take care of most riders.

And 12k on a bike? who cares, dont park wherever you want, no one is impressed. Unless its a Ducati, then :drool:

GQBalla
04-25-2005, 11:04 AM
hrmmm yeah just want to back up the original post. When i was goin home i saw 2 bikers being idiots and doin like 120 in a playground zone and doin wheelies and endos...stupid people why would you do that kind of speeds in a playground zone right around after school time do you want to hit little elementary kids???:guns: :guns: :guns:

youngbex
04-25-2005, 11:36 AM
lol, i used to be one of those people, then i sold my bike and i miss it:(

statick
04-25-2005, 12:12 PM
yea, even tho there are many bikers that follow rules/regulations, the vast majority that i have seen, do not.

PS - sorry to sound like a noob, but whats an endo?

thinmyster
04-25-2005, 12:15 PM
going up on your front tire by braking hard

youngbex
04-25-2005, 12:28 PM
very fun to do
and it looks sweet to me

bol
04-25-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by B17a

Bol, I think (with no statistical info to confirm) that the proportion of guys who own sportbikes and drive recklessly is by far higher than regular ricers.

Oh I don't doubt that for one second - and I love bikes.

Popular media(FnF, a news report on street races, etc) give auto enthusiasts a bad name. It's the same thing with bikes. Except that people are much more vocal on their hate against bikes than they are against street racers/ricers/what have you.

It's easier to say "people on sportbikes are idiots" than it is to say "I saw some guys who were riding recklessly but not everyone is like that!" Same with with cars where someone will say that owners of modified cars are reckless.

Not that any of this is new of course.

88CRX
04-25-2005, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by B17a
Bol, I think (with no statistical info to confirm) that the proportion of guys who own sportbikes and drive recklessly is by far higher than regular ricers.

do they think there invinsible or what?

bol
04-25-2005, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

Here's a bit of insight to think about...

If the guys on the bikes weren't doing 10-20km/hr over the speed of traffic and passing would you even notice them? Probably not. Bikes are pretty invisible.

mo_virgin
04-25-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

Didn't you think you were invincible at 18? I know i did... actually still do.

Sportsbikes have been given a bad name, and the riders on them or no worse than your average ricer. Its just usually the drivers car's limit them from acting like the riders.

Burn Rubber, not your soul

Euro_Trash
04-25-2005, 01:58 PM
I don't think that bikers are any worse then car drivers. I don't get pissed off when a bike rips past me (last summer every morning at the exact same time a bike would rip past me doing 160+) I get jealous. If they fuk up and wreck themselves or their bike, thats their own problem. A good thing about bikes is that if they get in an accident with a car and its their fault, who loses? The car sure isn't going to.

And man if I had a bike, I would never trust myself doing an endo, it seems like it's way too easy to drop the bike doing that

B17a
04-25-2005, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by mo_virgin

Didn't you think you were invincible at 18? I know i did... actually still do.

Sportsbikes have been given a bad name, and the riders on them or no worse than your average ricer. Its just usually the drivers car's limit them from acting like the riders.

Burn Rubber, not your soul

Another observation of mine, reckless riders seem to be early 20's and bad ricers seem to be late teens.

Phy
04-25-2005, 02:16 PM
I'm kinda disappointed by all the hostility in here. I'm sure the jackasses driving rusty old pickups feel the same way about the tuner crowd, whether it's deserved or not.

Blue Goblin = The Voice of Reason.

As for riders parking on the sidewalk, a bike parked between two cars (whether parallel- or parking-lot style) is not immediately visible in the same way a car is. Any jackass can all too easily dive into what looks like an empty stall only to find that they've knocked over some kid's crotch rocket. And those plastic fairings ain't cheap to fix.

From Finboy:

when a 16 year old gets their lisence and then his parents go out and buy him lets say a 500hp car that can accelerate as fast as a bike (just for an example), i'm willing to bet most people on this board are thinking the same thing, WAY to inexperienced for it.

Incidentally, this is why I tend to talk up smaller bikes in the "Recommend me a Gixxer or an R6" threads in the bike forums.

Edit: Now, the 13-year-old kids riding pocketbikes around the neighborhood, that I have a problem with. (Dude. I sound like Old Man Withers. "Get off my lawn!")

shadowz
04-25-2005, 02:53 PM
Most people on bikes I see are getting fairly reckless, we are just complaining about it now since the popularity has gone up, and its even easier for those whom are irresponsible to get a bike, but its just like a car, its easy for anyone to mess around, now its just on another type of vehicle.

CoryR6civic2
04-25-2005, 03:02 PM
i don't agree at all, i know bikes are fast at accerating and everything but i see somebody with a fast flash car do the same stuff as i would i biker. just becasue you ride a rocket doesn't make you a retard, i ride a rocket i have blue and white leathers but i don't drive like a retard, don't be bashing bikers becasue you don't like bikes, bash the ppl that drive them retarded

USHER
04-25-2005, 03:16 PM
age doesnt really have anything to do with it its just the rider. the guy that just crashed was like 30 right?? so really either kids or adults if they own a bike they like speed so i think u can just point the finger at kids, they get some of the blame but u shouldn't base it all on them

^SkylinE^
04-25-2005, 03:23 PM
I see dipshits all the time on bikes doing stupid things, BUT i see just as many ppl one family sadans too.

I was coming home from work last night around 9pm up north on Deerfoot and some dumb ass off hwy 2 was going probably 170km into the city in a rented toyota ECHO. I couldn't believe it.

My point is lets not sterio type because there are just as many dumb ppl in cars. The good thing about bikes is that when the do hit you they should do alot less damage to you in your car and they most likely won't survive. At least your safe and dawin'ISM takes its course once again.

Shall we just say that all the horrible drivers in calgary should slow down a bit and grow up!?!? why point fingers?:dunno:

CryoCarnage
04-25-2005, 03:35 PM

AWW i was gettign one with me and my friends. We eahc gettign one and then having mini rallies in this old i guess forgotten street.But to each his own!

T-Dubbs
04-25-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by BlueGoblin
By "Streetbike", I assume you mean 'sportbike' or 'repli-racer' or something like that.
im pretty sure hes not talking about Harley's

Redlyne_mr2
04-25-2005, 10:04 PM
I dont like bikes because they are ugly, don't corner especially well ( when put against a well setup car), and are scary as hell if you have to brake hard. I also hate the fact of having to watch my back, side, front etc wherever I go hoping that I dont get sideswipped or run over by someone. I hate how when night falls it gets cold as hell and you're stuck with no heat, no music and got forbid it shoudl rain then youre really fucked. They suck on long trips and even on short trips you have to carry your helmet around with you and wear the proper gear at all times. So they're fast in the 1/4 mile, big deal so are alot of cars.

Like I said if this wasn't an issue I wouldnt bring it up because I dont like bitching about the way people drive. It's gotten to the point now where if i see a sport bike not speeding I'm shocked. True there are ricers in cars out there, weaving in and out of traffic and speeding but they aren't usually doubling, tripling, or quadrupling the speed limit like our friends on bikes. You don't see guys on harleys and goldwings speeding, what do the guys on sportbikes have to prove?

Dave P
04-25-2005, 10:20 PM
Just out of curiosity, have you ever rode a bike for any length of time?

Redlyne_mr2
04-25-2005, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Dave P
Just out of curiosity, have you ever rode a bike for any length of time?
Yes haha I would look like quite an ass if I had never ridden one. . I can understand how it make some people angry, I guess the only riders I ever see on the roads are the shitty one.

SOAB
04-25-2005, 10:51 PM
i'm guessing no....

Can't corner very well?? how many g's can your car pull in a corner? a gixxer can pull over 1g...

what is your best lap time on the road course at race city?? or do you only race bikes on city streets?

waaaaaah, its cold. waaaaaah, i got no tunes so i can bob my head like a gangsta. waaaaaah, i'm too chicken shit to ride in traffic cause of STUPID IDIOTS IN CARS THAT CAN'T DRIVE!!!!

Redlyne_mr2
04-25-2005, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by SOAB
i'm guessing no....

Can't corner very well?? how many g's can your car pull in a corner? a gixxer can pull over 1g...

what is your best lap time on the road course at race city?? or do you only race bikes on city streets?

waaaaaah, its cold. waaaaaah, i got no tunes so i can bob my head like a gangsta. waaaaaah, i'm too chicken shit to ride in traffic cause of STUPID IDIOTS IN CARS THAT CAN'T DRIVE!!!!
So a gsxr can pull over a g on a big long corner, so can most decent sports cars these days including mine. How does the bike fair in the quick, hairpin/slalom corners? I'll let you know what I'll pull for lap times at RC this summer I know the fast lap time is held by a car though. And yes I like to stay warm at night, I don't like shivering like a jackass. I enjoy my music as well, but I don't listen to gay ass ganster shit and I don't bob my head. And finally quite frankly I'm terrified of Calgary driver's theyre some of the worst out there, next to the kiddies on sportbikes of course. ;)

finboy
04-25-2005, 11:03 PM

So a gsxr can pull over a g on a big long corner, so can most decent sports cars these days including mine. How does the bike fair in the quick, hairpin/slalom corners? I'll let you know what I'll pull for lap times at RC this summer I know the fast lap time is held by a car though. And yes I like to stay warm at night, I don't like shivering like a jackass. I enjoy my music as well, but I don't listen to gay ass ganster shit and I don't bob my head. And finally quite frankly I'm terrified of Calgary driver's theyre some of the worst out there, next to the kiddies on sportbikes of course. ;)

werd, music is a MUST HAVE to drive with, i wouldn't be able to drive w/o it now, lol

SOAB
04-25-2005, 11:06 PM

a car holds the record at race city.....do you happen to know the time?? lap record on a bike at race city is 1:16.XX....that includes the bus stop that cars don't do....

i think this corner is pretty tight....turn 1 at Stratotech.

SportTwin
04-25-2005, 11:40 PM
I think you've got a good point, but it needs to be directed properly. As both a driver and a rider, I totally agree that some riders ride like idiots but I'll suggest that lots of bikers ride well, and are reasonably well behaved on the road, but you don't see them. Hell, nobody sees them.

If you don't believe me, ask anyone whos been on a bike in the last week and ask how many times they've been very nearly wiped out by cars that aren't paying attention. For me it's five times. FIVE TIMES. In the last week!

And although I may exceed the posted limit by 10kmph occasionally, I can honestly say I ride very defensively. Bikers have to ride defensively in this town because there are too many cel-phone talking, paper reading, daydreaming, road raging cage drivers around who seem to want to punch my ticket and send me to the morgue because they where too busy drinking their Starbucks and putting on their makeup to give a damn about something as insignificant as traffic. :rolleyes:

And I'm not defending the retards who like to wheelie down the Deerfoot, or rip through school zones. If they get what they deserve they'll end up with some serious road rash, a few broken bones and a better understanding of their own limitations - at the expense of MY insurance no less... Hopefully theres not going to be an accident involving a child or a mother with her kids at the playground: But its not all of us bikers; it's probably not even the majority of bikers, so please don't paint us all with those broad strokes, some of us are trying to be safe, considerate drivers.

mo_virgin
04-26-2005, 12:31 AM
I dont like bikes because they are ugly,

Are you serious? I think bikes are some of the sexiest machines in the world.

Man... Dont be a hater.

mo_virgin
04-26-2005, 12:35 AM
As master P would say "UHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

http://www.haasum-mc.dk/MV_Brutale_lille1.jpg

statick
04-26-2005, 07:29 AM
looks are always opinional

talonboi
04-26-2005, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by SOAB

a car holds the record at race city.....do you happen to know the time?? lap record on a bike at race city is 1:16.XX....that includes the bus stop that cars don't do....

i think this corner is pretty tight....turn 1 at Stratotech.
hehe try sitting in a car while its drifting...doing like 100km going sideways hahaha

Wes
04-26-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by SportTwin
... Bikers have to ride defensively in this town because there are too many cel-phone talking, paper reading, daydreaming, road raging cage drivers around who seem to want to punch my ticket and send me to the morgue because they where too busy drinking their Starbucks and putting on their makeup to give a damn about something as insignificant as traffic. :rolleyes:

:werd: It takes some balls to drive a bike in this city. It's getting so bad I want to put a bigger bush bumper on my truck and start nudging cars. That should waken them darn cell phone talking people up. :banghead: No road rage here.

SOAB
04-26-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by talonboi

hehe try sitting in a car while its drifting...doing like 100km going sideways hahaha

i agree that there would be an adrenaline rush but you are strapped into a protective cage with less chance of injury.

on a bike, one mistake could be your last.

LudeRoca
04-26-2005, 10:56 AM
man i think all you guys bashing bikes are just straight up jealous or are just getting to old. If you say that all street bikers pull stupid shit then your a moron. I see people everyday in cars pull stupid shit let alone bikers. I bet if all you guys were handed a bike you would be so happy and i gaurentee you guys would pull stupid shit as well. so quit your cryin and go bash some fur trader or something worth complaining about.

Tha VZA
04-26-2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by ixlr8

i have seen it sometimes, but maybe they should allow lane splitting like in LA, as long as its like 5km/h

just an idea?

ciao

finboy
04-26-2005, 11:03 AM
As master P would say "UHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

http://www.haasum-mc.dk/MV_Brutale_lille1.jpg

each individual has their own taste, personally i think that looks like crap, but thats just me

Originally posted by LudeRoca
straight up jealous or are just getting to old.

that line is straight out of a jerry springer episode, whats next? "you don't know me, you don't know me"

i wouldn't say that all the people in this thread are envious of bikes (i sure as hell know i'm not), but they are just fed up of seeing people abuse the performance aspect of their bike on public roads.

dubz240
04-26-2005, 11:10 AM
you guys are fucking pussys....everyone speeds...Im getting an R1 right away and im gonna speed till no end .. so fuck you little bitches and go drive with a senior if youre that scared.

Dave P
04-26-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by dubz240
you guys are fucking pussys....everyone speeds...Im getting an R1 right away and im gonna speed till no end .. so fuck you little bitches and go drive with a senior if youre that scared.

Dont worry beyond. i think darwin will handle this one for us. haha

lilboykorea
04-26-2005, 11:35 AM
NO NEED TO BASH...
darwinism will kick into effect and those you bash about will die one way or another, its a sad fact

awd
04-26-2005, 11:41 AM
Last few days of good weather I have noticed 1 out of every 2 bikes speeding like crazy -- one dude came within inches of eating 3000lbs of impreza when cutting me off in a playground zone.

mo_virgin
04-26-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by finboy

each individual has their own taste, personally i think that looks like crap, but thats just me

First of all, I was making a point to say that its retarded to hate bikes cause they're ugly. Second of all you guys have shitty taste.

You cagers are all haters.

finboy
04-26-2005, 02:11 PM

First of all, I was making a point to say that its retarded to hate bikes cause they're ugly. Second of all you guys have shitty taste.

You cagers are all haters.

its a perfectly good reason to dislike something because its ugly. hell, i think 350z's are ugly, therefore i don't see why i have to like it. as for shitty taste, my car is ugly, it isn't meant to look good, it is meant to be quick and handle/brake decently w/o breaking the bank. redlyne's mr2 should be one of the hottest mr2's in calgary once it's togeather, but if mr2's aren't your taste, then there is no reason you have to like it.

as for being haters, nothing of the sort fred durst, most of the people here don't like when others try to impress people by putting them at risk.

talonboi
04-26-2005, 08:54 PM

... most of the people here don't like when others try to impress people by putting them at risk.

Redlyne_mr2
04-26-2005, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by dubz240
Hahahaha here we go, my point as been proven. I definitely respect what some of the experienced riders on this forum have had to say but it's jackasses like this dubz guy who ruin the image of sportbike riders..that poor fool will be dead before halloween. Luderoca, what do any of us who don't like bike have to be jealous of? Bikes are readily available, sell for the price of a cavalier and getting a bike license is super super easy. Mo_virgin I dont just hate bikes because they are ugly, as I have mentioned many times there are tons of other things I hate about them. Taste is subjective, I dont expect everyone to love any of my cars but I like them and thats why I bought them.

SOAB
04-26-2005, 10:32 PM
still waiting for that lap record time for a car at race city :tongue:

vaggod
04-27-2005, 12:10 PM

and getting a bike license is super super easy.

You obviously don't have one as getting a full bike lic is easily 4x harder then getting a car lic.

And really you need to man up and realize real men ride bikes and girlie men drive cars.

dkny_stylez
04-27-2005, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by vaggod

You obviously don't have one as getting a full bike lic is easily 4x harder then getting a car lic.

And realy you need to man up and realize real men ride bikes and girlie men drive cars.

baaaaaaaaaahahhahaaha.........your an idiot.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Toms-SC
04-27-2005, 03:34 PM
Atleast 3 fucking idiots need a ban up in here.

B17a
04-27-2005, 03:48 PM

And really you need to man up and realize real men ride bikes and girlie men drive cars.

So I can only assume that you are an out of the closet girlie man then as you list a 96 Jetta in your profile as your ride.:dunno:

TheBenzo
04-27-2005, 05:06 PM
Redlyne, if you are in a car and I am on a bike, you are trying to kill me because you are ignorant and self centered. I am not going to stay beside you or any other ignorant attempted murderers for a very long period of time. You cant see me, if you do, you dont give a shit.

One thing you car people dont realize is that there is no such thing as a fender-bender with a bike. I will likely be severely injured or killed. If I am going to die, I would much rather do so without the involvement of another vehicle that some dumbass is driving who didnt shoulder check.

Its not just sport-bikes, everyone does it... hogs.. goldwings etc. You are always on the defence on a bike.

Go ride one and you will understand the severity and criticality of being loud, outragious, obnoxious and noticed.

Idratherbsidewayz
04-27-2005, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by TheBenzo
Redlyne, if you are in a car and I am on a bike, you are trying to kill me because you are ignorant and self centered. I am not going to stay beside you or any other ignorant attempted murderers for a very long period of time. You cant see me, if you do, you dont give a shit.

One thing you car people dont realize is that there is no such thing as a fender-bender with a bike. I will likely be severely injured or killed. If I am going to die, I would much rather do so without the involvement of another vehicle that some dumbass is driving who didnt shoulder check.

Its not just sport-bikes, everyone does it... hogs.. goldwings etc. You are always on the defence on a bike.

Go ride one and you will understand the severity and criticality of being loud, outragious, obnoxious and noticed.

So you're saying its for your own good that you do a wheelie at 180km/h while passing someone?

I understand if you have to drive fast to avoid traffic, and stay at the front of the pack. This makes perfect sense. But seriously, is all the stunting ? Does it make you safer? Is your bike designed to be ridnecessaryden on one wheel? And going faster than traffic to get to the front does not mean 250km/h. It means a max of 180km/h on deerfoot, and maybe 50-60 more than the cars on normal roads.

The stunting is what doesn't make sense to me...

SOAB
04-27-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz

So you're saying its for your own good that you do a wheelie at 180km/h while passing someone?

I understand if you have to drive fast to avoid traffic, and stay at the front of the pack. This makes perfect sense. But seriously, is all the stunting ? Does it make you safer? Is your bike designed to be ridnecessaryden on one wheel? And going faster than traffic to get to the front does not mean 250km/h. It means a max of 180km/h on deerfoot, and maybe 50-60 more than the cars on normal roads.

nowhere in his post did it say anything about a wheelie. to assume makes and ASS out of U and ME....

those that stunt on public roads will learn....the hard way or the easy way, its up to them. don't assume everyone on a sportbike does it.

180 on deerfoot? and 50-60 faster that the flow of traffic on normal roads? that is pretty excessive don't you think? i ride at about 130 on deerfoot and MAYBE 20kph faster than traffic on all other roads except residentials and playgrounds.

TheBenzo
04-27-2005, 05:31 PM

Hmm i dont know if you are a mod or not, but if you arent; Read my post and dont be stupid. I dont do wheelies. Im assuming they are fun, I enjoy watching them. I know how to do stoppies etc.. but those are usually low speed stunts.

Quote me properly if at all.

You people in cars are supremely fucking stupid, so much so that being on a bike changed the way I drive in realization of the stupidity that I might possibly display. On top of that, we have a large amount of a certain "type" of driver that is especially terrible at being attentive. One of these "certain types" of drivers changed lanes right beside my friend. My friend was between her car and the curb... he knocked on her window and the dumb cunt waved at him and continued looking like a stunned bag of piss and stepped on it.

Redlyne_mr2
04-27-2005, 06:15 PM
What do defensive riding and dangerous driving have to do with one another? I have no problem with a defensive riders. I have a problem with dangerous riders.
On a side not a colleage of mine at work lost his best friend this week. His friend was stunt ridding and is now dead... you should how happy he has been lately at work.

Vaggod try getting your bike license in Ontario is super hard to compared to here. I got my license here, it took almost nothing to get, I have friends who come from Ontario as well just to get their bike license here.

TheBenzo
04-27-2005, 06:26 PM
Yeah, I missed the memorial yesterday :( Stunting isnt safe, its a risk you take. 300k isnt safe either.

What is dangerous to you? Sure I have gone 260+ on a bike (on a track of course) I would say the degree of defensiveness is relative to traffic.

Regardless of whether or not the police think its ok... I am going to take every precaution to stay alive and in one piece; even if it might involve a ticket or two.

vaggod
04-27-2005, 10:02 PM
How do you get a license issued to you if you don't live in that province? I don't understand how that works because if that was the case I would have gone to BC to get my license as the test is even easier there.

Redlyne_mr2
04-27-2005, 10:10 PM
How do you get a license issued to you if you don't live in that province? I don't understand how that works because if that was the case I would have gone to BC to get my license as the test is even easier there.
Use a friends address tell them you moved here...then once you get your license head home and either stick with it or transfer it to the license of your home province. It's funny when you see all these high dollar sports cars with young kids driving them and Saskatchewan plates on them, there's another example of using other provinces to save money.

Idratherbsidewayz
04-27-2005, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by TheBenzo

Hmm i dont know if you are a mod or not, but if you arent; Read my post and dont be stupid. I dont do wheelies. Im assuming they are fun, I enjoy watching them. I know how to do stoppies etc.. but those are usually low speed stunts.

Quote me properly if at all.

You people in cars are supremely fucking stupid, so much so that being on a bike changed the way I drive in realization of the stupidity that I might possibly display. On top of that, we have a large amount of a certain "type" of driver that is especially terrible at being attentive. One of these "certain types" of drivers changed lanes right beside my friend. My friend was between her car and the curb... he knocked on her window and the dumb cunt waved at him and continued looking like a stunned bag of piss and stepped on it.

Sorry if you took it as directing at you. You were kind of talking about what I wanted to rant about so thats why I quoted you. What I posted was more directed at all the idiots at Groundpilots. I thought it was a-propos...

wildkarrde
04-28-2005, 12:26 AM
You do realize that stunting on public roads is looked down upon at groundpilots too, right?

Idratherbsidewayz
04-28-2005, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by wildkarrde
You do realize that stunting on public roads is looked down upon at groundpilots too, right?

Streetracing is looked down upon on Beyond.ca, yet a bunch of people go to them. Doesn't mean anything, the website can't be responsible for its members actions. Im willing to bet $100 at least half the members of groundpilots stunt on a regular basis. And 50% is very significant...

SOAB
04-28-2005, 09:30 AM
so what does that prove? you said it yourself...a website can't be responsible for what its members do.

i could say 99% of people on beyond speed on a regular basis, so they are dangerous. would that be true?

eclipse00
04-28-2005, 02:51 PM
What difference does it make if people stunt?!? Some bikers arnt smart enough to stay off public roads when they do it! Thats just the way that it is. Natural selection is a bitch, and it weeds the retards out!

Who really cares anyway! I just dont think that its fair to paint all the bikers with the same brush, do you?

finboy
04-28-2005, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by eclipse00
Thats just the way that it is. Natural selection is a bitch, and it weeds the retards out!

i don't think anyone would mind if natural selection only affected the people who were riding the bike.

eclipse00
04-28-2005, 03:13 PM

i don't think anyone would mind if natural selection only affected the people who were riding the bike.

I know what you are saying, and Im thinking the same way.

TheBenzo
04-28-2005, 05:02 PM

Sorry if you took it as directing at you. You were kind of talking about what I wanted to rant about so thats why I quoted you. What I posted was more directed at all the idiots at Groundpilots. I thought it was a-propos... Groundpilots has their share of POSER/SQUIDS/LOSERS/IDIOTS/FUCKING MORONS but thwere are some people with a bit of intelligence there.

air_mikey
04-28-2005, 08:16 PM
red lyne, people who usually talk smack are just jealous of what they don't have or can't do. I can almost guarantee you don't have any balls to ride a bike, maybe you have sat on one, but I will bet you $100 bucks you got scared. anyone who has ridden a bike will say there is no feeling like it. Just because your scared of bikes don't mean you have to talk trash about them. what kind of pussy say's they need their music and heat? seriously now, just admit your a PUSSY when it comes to bikes!

finboy
04-28-2005, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by air_mikey
red lyne, people who usually talk smack are just jealous of what they don't have or can't do. I can almost guarantee you don't have any balls to ride a bike, maybe you have sat on one, but I will bet you $100 bucks you got scared. anyone who has ridden a bike will say there is no feeling like it. Just because your scared of bikes don't mean you have to talk trash about them. what kind of pussy say's they need their music and heat? seriously now, just admit your a PUSSY when it comes to bikes!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

air_mikey
04-28-2005, 08:31 PM
forgot to add that you a scared little boy!

talonboi
04-28-2005, 08:36 PM
i dont hate bikes i just hate the fact that they can sneak up on u at amazing speeds, weaving in and out of traffic...i dont wanna check my mirror, shoulder check, when it all clear, switch lanes and all of a sudden i juss side swipe a bike, i know it wont be my fault, but if he dies, i'll have to live with it forever...

some people pay the ultimate price in life by sumeone elses hands...just dont make it mine:whipped:

finboy
04-28-2005, 08:38 PM

do you realise how immature you sound? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"YOU AREN'T MAN ENOUGH TO RIDE A BIKE"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

talonboi
04-28-2005, 08:43 PM
your not even 20:werd:

Redlyne_mr2
04-28-2005, 08:45 PM
You drive a honda del sol...who's the pussy? By the way you owe me $100 pm me for my paypal account information

talonboi
04-28-2005, 08:46 PM

You drive a honda del sol...who's the pussy? By the way you owe me $100 pm me for my paypal account information :rofl: :rofl: owned

air_mikey
04-28-2005, 09:47 PM
when does what you drive make you a pussy! man you and fin boy are both clowns. seriously now if you guys have actually experienced what a bike can do you would not be on here crying like little girls. wah wah there's no music, wah wah it get's cold out, wah wah bikes are too crazy. get a life man. fin boy the only reason your all upset is because your mom was not home to tuck you in last night, she fell asleep at my place. fukin pussies

air_mikey
04-28-2005, 09:50 PM
oh yeah red lyne if I really do owe you that $100, i'll just give it to your mom when she comes over after fin girls mom leaves. is that cool.

88CRX
04-28-2005, 09:50 PM
fuck.... all you have to do is sit back and read all the overly cocky responces from all the crotch rocket ridazz.

hmmm..... must be a coincidence. noooooo.

bikes :thumbsup:

people who ride bikes and think they're the shit :thumbsdow

fuck, anyone can own a dam bike, anyone can get a bike license.

88CRX
04-28-2005, 09:51 PM
oh yeah red lyne if I really do owe you that $100, i'll just give it to your mom when she comes over after fin girls mom leaves. is that cool.

owe shit son.

that wasnt very cool...... why you hate so much?

finboy
04-28-2005, 09:53 PM
I can almost guarantee you don't have any balls to ride a bike

when does what you drive make you a pussy!

umm, anyone else see that?

fin boy the only reason your all upset is because your mom was not home to tuck you in last night, she fell asleep at my place. fukin pussies

hahahahaha, how's highschool going dude

88CRX
04-28-2005, 09:56 PM

hahahahaha, how's highschool going dude

like OMG highschool drama is the shit