04-25-2005, 03:01 PM
Which would win on a track:confused: :confused:

Weapon_R
04-25-2005, 03:03 PM
The corvette.

/thread.

Akagi Redsuns
04-25-2005, 03:05 PM
Which generation of Vette? If it's a C5 or C6...the vette.

Wildcat
04-25-2005, 03:09 PM
i think even a C4 would be close.

btw: "best thread evvAR"

Z_Fan
04-26-2005, 12:48 AM
LOL

Anyone who thinks the 350z is faster around a track (like Race City) has never driven a 350z. I can't believe the 350z got any votes!!!!

LMAO

The Vette in moderately good hands will pull on a 350z driven by a pro.

*ALL DAY LONG*

Chandler_Racing
04-26-2005, 12:59 AM
The 350z isnt even comparable

CalgarySupra
04-26-2005, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Chandler_Racing
The 350z isnt even comparable

yeah I was just going to say. A Corrvette is a real sports car

Xtrema
04-26-2005, 06:58 PM
Stock Z ain't that quick.

And that weight is killer.

Idratherbsidewayz
04-26-2005, 07:00 PM
As much as I love Nissan, the vette would blow the 350z out of the water.

Maxt
04-26-2005, 11:26 PM
Watch Jgtc for 5 minutes...Everything owns the vette in Jgtc, including the suby...

Z_Fan
04-26-2005, 11:29 PM
Well, I've chased a vette around a track in a 350z before. (Last year!)

And, uhm, I can only keep up when the owner is driving it. LOL. (Not aggressive)

But when a good driver gets in, forget about it. No matter how hard I try. It's not happening. Kills you on the straights and is just as quick through the corners.

1badPT
04-26-2005, 11:39 PM
I love the 350Z but there's no doubt in my mind that a vette would rape it.

Maxt
04-26-2005, 11:49 PM
Not trying to insult, but I guess you assuming nobody else could drive your car better than you? I know lots of people that could drive my car better than me..
I watched Jgtc in person, everything was quicker than it, on the straights and in the corners.. The thing with jgtc though is that horsepower is capped at 300 in gt300, but the winners are heavily weighted though to, so even though the hp is even, the winning cars are handicapped, even with that the case though, the corvette is still just but not always barely making the qualifying cut..You could argue that if hp were allowed to be open, then it could be faster, however since its in the 300 class to begin with, its team owners must know its not suited to endurance racing at 500 hp...
Really the jgtc is an excellant showcase for chassis tuning, engine type and orientation and driver skill then just raw displays of hp..
Its just looked and sounded so out of place on the circiut compared to the other cars...
Have a listen.
I just caught the vette accelarating up through the corners, compare it the other cars coming out the same corners.
Sorry for staring at the ground while filming, it was raining heavily..
http://bdc.genxracing.com/MaxT/fuji1%20003.avi
http://bdc.genxracing.com/MaxT/fuji1%20002.avi

Wildcat
04-27-2005, 12:07 AM
^have you heard of "le mans" by chance?

Maxt
04-27-2005, 12:34 AM
Yes I have..
I dont know what the rules are in Lemans though for factoring and hp, as far as GT car racing though, its said that JGTC are the fastest gt cars on the planet and also the most competitive gt car racing on the planet as well...I think its a good showcase of a cars capabilities. To move it to the 500 hp class might be such a major undertaking the car would have to unreasonalbe amounts of sponsorship, which might be possible in lemans..Maxt

buh_buh
04-27-2005, 12:50 AM
in JGTC the vette may get pwned, but stock for stock the vette would destroy the 350z on the roadcourse.

btw this thread sucks

Maxt
04-27-2005, 12:57 AM
I couldnt find any references to 350z and corvettes competing head to head in Lemans, so cant look to that series for any info as far as I know..
The original poster said on the track, so I picked Fuji as the track..:)...Stock for stock I cant answer to...if mods are allowed, results may and do vary...

buh_buh
04-27-2005, 01:14 AM
yeah, but mods allowed, a k-car could beat a vette too.
Too many factors involved.

Maxt
04-27-2005, 01:19 AM
And that would lead us to beleive a k car with mods is better than a corvette with mods ?...

Bigchuckers
04-27-2005, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by Maxt
Watch Jgtc for 5 minutes...Everything owns the vette in Jgtc, including the suby...

Watch ALMS

Kinda stupid comparing factory built/designed/funded cars against privateer outfits... The Lambo and McLaren got their buts kicked too, but surely you can't put any value to that.

Maxt
04-27-2005, 07:09 AM
Hey the best cars in the field are privateer operations....

heavyD
04-27-2005, 07:46 AM
I'd like the tools that voted for the 350Z to come forth.:whipped:

statick
04-27-2005, 08:30 AM
^lol...

i love nissan, but V8>V6 (not always true, but a safe gneralisation in this case), and i assume we are comparing similar year models.

BumpinTalon
04-27-2005, 01:12 PM
who put in the 14 votes for the 350Z? fuckin morons.
and what does JGTC have to do with this? nothing. those cars are so far from the stock versions of the car, bringin that up is like saying a doctor is a better golfer then a garbageman simply because he is a doctor, even if the garbageman is beating him by a stroke on every hole.

HTN SWCHS
04-27-2005, 02:00 PM
its because some of the people are biased to nissan without even considering the domestic, how about this one, 350z or svt cobra

heavyD
04-27-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by HTN SWCHS
its because some of the people are biased to nissan without even considering the domestic, how about this one, 350z or svt cobra

SVT Cobra for sure and I hate Fords.:D

TheBenzo
04-27-2005, 05:23 PM
What a lousy thread. Im not really for the Empowerment of Rice, but this was just DUMB.

canadiandaytona
04-27-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by HTN SWCHS

:banghead:
SuperCharged V8 vs V6 insted of V8 vs V6 you think this is going to be closer? :rofl:

Toms-SC
04-27-2005, 08:38 PM
15 tools voted for the 350, bahahaha

962 kid
04-27-2005, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
who put in the 14 votes for the 350Z? fuckin morons.
and what does JGTC have to do with this? nothing. those cars are so far from the stock versions of the car, bringin that up is like saying a doctor is a better golfer then a garbageman simply because he is a doctor, even if the garbageman is beating him by a stroke on every hole.

:werd: :werd: 'cept your analogy sucks ;)

calgary350z
04-27-2005, 09:35 PM
that is pretty obvious but maybe the people that voted for the z thought maybe it was a vote on which car they prefer and not which would win at the track since it asks to vote for if you like both or hate both as some of the options. Not everyone likes Corvettes.

Bigchuckers
04-27-2005, 11:58 PM
Hey the best cars in the field are privateer operations....

There is a difference between a privateer team that buys factory prepped and developed race cars such as ARTA, Esso, Raybrig etc. and teams that have to design and build cars to suit, like the previous Lamborghini race team (Among others in the past). They didnt have a race car built and developed by Lamborghini to just show up at the track and crank the motor. In the racing world, that was a true backyard afair in comparision.

Really the jgtc is an excellant showcase for chassis tuning, engine type and orientation and driver skill then just raw displays of hp..

And so is NASCAR, ETC, BTCC, OWRS, ALMS, Grand-AM etc. etc. All those previously named race series effectively have capped power limits (NASCAR being Talledega and Daytona races). All use restrictors...just like JGTC. Formula One is about the only race series I know that doesnt use excessive technology limitations or intake restrictions. So I would think it would be safe to say every series is an excellant showcase for chassis tuning, engine type and orientation and driver skill then just raw displays of hp. (Just getting a feeling JGTC is being put on a pedistal for no reason)

I dont know what the rules are in Lemans though for factoring and hp, as far as GT car racing though, its said that JGTC are the fastest gt cars on the planet and also the most competitive gt car racing on the planet as well...

Le Mans has restrictor plate HP limits on ALL competing cars. This has been the case for over a decade. I think whoever is saying JGTC are the fastest gt cars on the planet is about the equivelent of NASCAR claiming to be the greatest form of motor racing in the world. Evidence of this is quite plain to see. No Supra, RX-7, Skyline, NSX, 350ZX etc. has been competative at Le Mans for years...YEARS. These are cars that are aloud to run 600hp (roughly 120 more than what most do now as 500 isnt a true number), these are cars that have by your calculations are excellant showcases of chassis tuning. Odd how when you give them 120 more HP, suddenly they are no longer competitive in the true top ranks of GT racing (FIA, ALMS, AOC and Grand Am) and no longer capable of claiming to be the fastest GT cars in the world. Because if they were capable, they would be there. Toyota wouldnt have spent hundreds of millions of dollars developing the GT-1 if they simply could have let loose on a already developed Supra and gone on to win Le Mans from Porsche's 911 based GT1.

I couldnt find any references to 350z and corvettes competing head to head in Lemans

As mentioned there are no Japanese based GT cars in production that would be capable of sustaining a serious Le Mans threat. If JGTC cars could beat the McLaren's, Corvette's, Viper's and Porsche's in GT racing I'm sure they would be as that promotes a brand far better than any domestic based series.

Maxt
04-28-2005, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by Bigchuckers

There is a difference between a privateer team that buys factory prepped and developed race cars such as ARTA, Esso, Raybrig etc. and teams that have to design and build cars to suit, like the previous Lamborghini race team (Among others in the past). They didnt have a race car built and developed by Lamborghini to just show up at the track and crank the motor. In the racing world, that was a true backyard afair in comparision.

In jgtc the fastest cars on the track arent teams that bought factory prepped race cars....They are wee little shops that took street cars and built them themselves..

And so is NASCAR, ETC, BTCC, OWRS, ALMS, Grand-AM etc. etc. All those previously named race series effectively have capped power limits (NASCAR being Talledega and Daytona races). All use restrictors...just like JGTC. Formula One is about the only race series I know that doesnt use excessive technology limitations or intake restrictions. So I would think it would be safe to say every series is an excellant showcase for chassis tuning, engine type and orientation and driver skill then just raw displays of hp. (Just getting a feeling JGTC is being put on a pedistal for no reason)

I just like the fact that there is no limitation on engine design or configuration, or body shape, it shows the weakness outside of fixed aerodynamis , and of certain engine/ chassis combinations..The intial choice of car, is very important in its performance, not like nascar where every car has to fit a mold, every car is using engines designed to specific rules in a specific layout.

Le Mans has restrictor plate HP limits on ALL competing cars. This has been the case for over a decade. I think whoever is saying JGTC are the fastest gt cars on the planet is about the equivelent of NASCAR claiming to be the greatest form of motor racing in the world. Evidence of this is quite plain to see. No Supra, RX-7, Skyline, NSX, 350ZX etc. has been competative at Le Mans for years...YEARS. These are cars that are aloud to run 600hp (roughly 120 more than what most do now as 500 isnt a true number), these are cars that have by your calculations are excellant showcases of chassis tuning. Odd how when you give them 120 more HP, suddenly they are no longer competitive in the true top ranks of GT racing (FIA, ALMS, AOC and Grand Am) and no longer capable of claiming to be the fastest GT cars in the world. Because if they were capable, they would be there. Toyota wouldnt have spent hundreds of millions of dollars developing the GT-1 if they simply could have let loose on a already developed Supra and gone on to win Le Mans from Porsche's 911 based GT1.

As mentioned there are no Japanese based GT cars in production that would be capable of sustaining a serious Le Mans threat. If JGTC cars could beat the McLaren's, Corvette's, Viper's and Porsche's in GT racing I'm sure they would be as that promotes a brand far better than any domestic based series.

No to mention the rotary was banned from lemans, not sure if thats the case now, but that was the fact of the past..
I was watching a speedchannel showcase on Jgtc, it was that program that stated the JGTC cars were the fastest gt cars on the planet, maybe phone them and tell them what you think...Looking back at it now, in lemans , alms, the cars all seem to be porches vipers and corvettes, whats interesting is that all those cars are the slowest in the jgtc series, which makes me inclined to believe what speedchannel had stated, not only that do you think it would be prudent for Japanese manafactures of performance and consumer products to sponsor and support racing in series which takes place in countries where the products and even their cars are not sold?Probably not..By the way, in jgtc there are Mclarens, corvettes,vipers and porches, sometimes they just dont make the track cut or win very often...

On other notes, who has a real weight for a 350z, Edmunds has curb wieght as about 3500 lbs, that seems like a lot for that car, thats pretty porky for a v-6 car...Maxt

infected
04-28-2005, 09:51 AM
Not a hauge fan of domestics but... vette

Bigchuckers
04-28-2005, 10:07 AM
In jgtc the fastest cars on the track arent teams that bought factory prepped race cars....They are wee little shops that took street cars and built them themselves..

Name me one that even competes at the top regularly. And the only one's you will be able to name are teams like Jim Gainer who run and develop and build their Ferrari's. The Supra's are all built by Tom's, Dome builds the NSX's, Nismo the Nissan's, all 3 are factory funded race outfits.

I just like the fact that there is no limitation on engine design or configuration, or body shape

You should actually read the JGTC Tech rules before making comments like that. Engine's used must be production based, layout must remain the same and overall profile of the car must be as close to stock as possible. The body's mod's are closely governed.

I was watching a speedchannel showcase on Jgtc, it was that program that stated the JGTC cars were the fastest gt cars on the planet, maybe phone them and tell them what you think

Ever think its just the hype of trying to promote something new in North America? As I said NASCAR makes crazy comments all the time about their spectacle. If you have world beating GT cars do you seriously think Honda, Nissan, Toyota and Subaru would just race them in their backyards? Le Mans was a big thing in Japan, still is very prestigous over there. The simple fact JGTC cars both weigh more and have less power than AOC/FIA/ALMS cars and that should end that discussion.

not only that do you think it would be prudent for Japanese manafactures of performance and consumer products to sponsor and support racing in series which takes place in countries where the products and even their cars are not sold?

The North American JGTC race was sponsored by Nopi. While most of the cars and products in the race may not be sold here, thats a mute point. Consider the attention and thus TV ratings such an event would bring from consumers who may say buy products from...Nopi.

I suppose we could argue this till we are blue in the face and piss everyone off for hijacking the thread. I suppose until we see a JGTC based car compete in a top form of international GT racing, I'll have to assume that race tam owners know a thing or two more than amature Speed TV commentators as to what cars can make the cut, and which can't.

speedy2991
04-28-2005, 05:04 PM
What is the la mans anyways, and does http://www.ultimatez.com/i/350zexhaust.mov this exhaust come standard on a 350z?

Wildcat
04-28-2005, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by speedy2991
What is the la mans anyways, and does http://www.ultimatez.com/i/350zexhaust.mov this exhaust come standard on a 350z?

lemans is an endurance race for multiple classes of cars. and the corvette team has been dominating it, consistantly placing within the top 3 overall for the past few years. so i wasent to sure exactly what it was maxt was arguing :dunno: