PDA

View Full Version : G.f. is looking for a car

civic_rida
04-25-2005, 06:24 PM
She either wants a 94+ integra or 98+ sunfire.
Whats are pros and cons of both of them ?
How reliable are integra's compared to sunfires?

I know the answer to these questions just tring to convince her parents that integra's are overall better than sunfires and cavaliers.

Nalgene
04-25-2005, 06:37 PM
wow its like no comparison... go for the integra

hampstor
04-25-2005, 07:05 PM
Well, you can also show them the current value of each car. I'm sure most people who bought them new now know that they are more or less disposable cards. Don't get me wrong, they are not bad cars, but there are a lot better things you can spend your money on... like power wheels ;)

Phy
04-26-2005, 09:17 AM
You try gettin' to work in a Big Jake dumptruck.

I dunno if you've ever driven a Sunfire... I was stuck in an '01 Cav last fall for a few days, it was the driving equivalent of dry white toast. Bland. The car is completely focused on getting you from point-to-point without you noticing that there's a car wrapped around you.

(Hope I haven't cheesed off all the J-body drivers:dunno: )

pixil9
04-26-2005, 09:22 AM
lol sunfires blow ass. I saw one yesterday broken down right at nosehill and crowchild. It must've been 00+

QuasarCav
04-26-2005, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Phy
You try gettin' to work in a Big Jake dumptruck.

I dunno if you've ever driven a Sunfire... I was stuck in an '01 Cav last fall for a few days, it was the driving equivalent of dry white toast. Bland. The car is completely focused on getting you from point-to-point without you noticing that there's a car wrapped around you.

(Hope I haven't cheesed off all the J-body drivers:dunno: )

Pretty much right. If she wants a cheaper car with no frills and a radio that makes your kazoo look fancy than go with the sunflower. If she want higher quality and a all around better ride that go with the teg. It will be more expensive but It will be worth more than a bag of rocks when you are done.

Dry white toast, I love it!

Mckenzie
04-26-2005, 09:46 AM
Man stay away from the sunflower....I drove a 2000 sunfire in 2001 and I thought it was gonna fall apart...the cheapest feeling car I have ever riden in hands down.

Another thing to consider is the reliability.....sunflower might be easy and cheap to fix but they are much more unreliable. Tegs on the other hand have engines that will run forever if properly maintained....try to find one that has not yet been bagged by a 17yo and you will be very happy. :thumbsup:

toyboy88
04-26-2005, 09:47 AM
nothin' like japenese reliability! :D

infected
04-26-2005, 09:50 AM
:werd:

vcteggy
04-26-2005, 09:55 AM
ewww sunfire :thumbsdow

Nalgene
04-26-2005, 02:26 PM
Im glad GM replaced the sunfire and the Cav for something seemingly to alot better... although it wasnt hard to do better :tongue:

eblend
04-26-2005, 02:32 PM
seeing as how this board is made up of probably 90% asians the only response you are gonna get is what you saw above. I say go do some more research, just don't do it here cuz you are only gonna get one side of the coin

T-Dubbs
04-26-2005, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by civic_rida
She either wants ...or 98+ sunfire.

girls have bad taste

Nalgene
04-26-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by eblend
seeing as how this board is made up of probably 90% asians the only response you are gonna get is what you saw above. I say go do some more research, just don't do it here cuz you are only gonna get one side of the coin
Hey im not Asian
wait...then im in the 10%

Weapon_R
04-26-2005, 02:52 PM
Given the fact that there are still lower mileage and clean integras on the road today, i'd definately opt for the b18 in the Integra. It's such a solid engine and it'll go for a long, long time.

But the fact remains that a 1994 Integra will probably still be worth more than a 2000 sunflower - in the end, whoever is paying for it will feel the initial bite. Personally, I look for cars that have the lowest depreciation rates - they usually are the better quality ones anyways. You can get yourself into a much newer car for less if she opts for the j-body, but she'll probably feel it after a couple years of ownership.

QuasarCav
04-26-2005, 02:53 PM

Looks like i'm in the 10% too. Go with the integra.

Weapon_R
04-26-2005, 02:54 PM
seeing as how this board is made up of probably 90% asians

It has nothing to do with culture or ethnicity whatsoever. If the Americans invest more into R&D and put out quality vehicles that surpass Japanese imports in reliability and longevity, there wouldn't be a single person who would favor them. Japanese cars cost a lot more, are often underpowered, and usually suck in the styling department (case in point: the civic, the accord, the cr-v). All look like ass IMO, but they do the job VERY well.

oh, 10% here.

Phy
04-26-2005, 03:13 PM
Another 10%. Reliability be damned, both my cars have kinda been pieces, but even the Probe (underpowered and heavy as it was) was more fun to goad around a corner than that Cav.

asp integra
04-26-2005, 03:51 PM
i know my opinion is a bit biased, but i love my teg, good and reliable, solid too, doesnt have that cheapy feel that a sunfire has.

also when originally searching for a car in the summer my dad was talking to a good friend of his who is a mechanic, and he told me dad that if everyone drove around in hodas and acuras then he would be out of business. that was the line that sold my dad on japanese cars!:thumbsup:

Skyline_Addict
04-26-2005, 04:04 PM
the problem with american cars, particularly entry level as in a Sunfire vs. a Civic for example,

american cars look cheap and they feel cheap.

go for the integra, without a question.

menace3
04-26-2005, 05:05 PM
no comparison get INTEGRA.

240droptop
04-26-2005, 05:21 PM
I say go with integra sunfires blow add one more to the 10% non asain group

frostyda9
04-26-2005, 05:22 PM
haha there is no choice here.
I'm in the aforementioned 10% too, so I'm not biased....well, except that I own an Integra :rofl:

Mine is 14 years old now, and I drive it like it's stolen. Besides routine maintenance, I have had to do exactly 0 major repairs on it.

duffspec
04-26-2005, 05:42 PM
you will be fixing it any way. Integra:thumbsup:

Nissanaddict
04-26-2005, 05:47 PM
Teg, teg, teg. I drive a domestic, but not by choice right now, and although those J-bodies are as reliable as any other GM (take that any way you want it, I've had good luck with these cars) a brand new Cavalier feels cheaper than my 17 year old corsica, simply because it's the entry level model (minus the sprint...go karts don't count). Do not even think once on this matter.