PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions on how to remove this?

powerslave
04-25-2005, 10:28 PM
The previous owner had a nose "bra" on the car (or nose cover or whatever you want to call it) and it seems its been there for quite a while. Myself didn't like how it looks with the thing on so I took it off. It was full of dust and dirt, the worst part of it all is that it left a line across my hood. Seems he didn't even take the thing off when washing the car so all this crap kept on collecting at that line and I just can't get it off.

What would you guys recommend, something that is effective but wont damage the paint.

redec
04-25-2005, 10:31 PM
probably a power-polish is your best bet....chances are that line is 'scratched' into the clearcoat....so the only way would be to take the clearcoat down, and repolish...I'm no expert tho

vcteggy
04-25-2005, 10:33 PM
use "goo gone" it can take anything off without ruining your paint also there's something else, a chemical, i'll find out whta it is

prodjsxb
04-26-2005, 04:57 AM
If the goo gone fails, meg's medium cut polish then fine cut followed by glaze and wax will leave that baby looking good as new.

ZMan2k2
04-26-2005, 08:14 AM
I would clay bar the area first. If there was dust and dirt under the nose bra, it would have been worked into the clear coat. With a clay bar, you'll pull all that stuff out of the paint first, then go ahead and polish away. No sense in pushing that stuff deeper into the paint.