PDA

View Full Version : 1001 Horsepower production car...!!

Yellow_Fly_Red
01-08-2003, 03:01 PM
The New Bugatti Veyron EB 16/4 supercar has "a 736 kW / 1001 bhp 16-cylinder direct injection unit" for an engine. Quad (4) Turbochargers. 7993 cc.

Power is ditributed to a permanent All wheel drive system.

"The front tyres are 265/30 R 20, the rear 335/30 R 20"

For the complete information.. please go to the following link:

http://home.uni-one.nl/bugatti/revue16/16-4.htm

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Ben
01-08-2003, 03:04 PM
old old old old old news...but a damn damn damn damn damn sweet car none the less

Hipermax_d
01-08-2003, 08:32 PM
why would you need that much hp for driving in the city??
im thinking it would have lots of wheel spin when accelerating hard

bol
01-08-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Hipermax_d
why would you need that much hp for driving in the city??
im thinking it would have lots of wheel spin when accelerating hard

autobahn baby

full time awd and nearly13.25" wide tires in the rear?

plus a traction control system that's probably worth more than your car...

Yellow_Fly_Red
01-08-2003, 09:28 PM
I think its extremely EXCESSIVE.......
but hell......
a 300 HP sedan is too excessive for normal driving in North America already......
and everyone can get by with a 120HP Honda Civic...
but.... everybody wants MORE power whether you need it or not...
Its all about bragging rights....
we live in a world where there are Twin Turbo V12 sedans and coupes producing in excess of 500 bph (S600 and CL600)
... also, we have modded Supras in excess of 700bph...

how embarassing is it when you have trouble beating a 4 door sedan with your Ferrari 360 Modena

so for a SUPER EXOTIC CAR to stand out these days.... Its gotta have SUPER HORSEPOWER, Super Technology, and super fast.........

4wheeldrift
01-08-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by bol

autobahn baby

full time awd and nearly13.25" wide tires in the rear?

plus a traction control system that's probably worth more than your car... Autobahn? You couldn't even come close to exploiting the full potential of that car on the autobahn. That machine is a Le Mans contender, a full blown race car in everything but name.

finboy
01-08-2003, 10:22 PM
powered by vw correct?

bol
01-08-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
Autobahn? You couldn't even come close to exploiting the full potential of that car on the autobahn. That machine is a Le Mans contender, a full blown race car in everything but name.

It's practically a garuntee that you'll be able to count on one hand how many of these make it to North America... so naturally, yes, the legal uses will be on the autobahn.

but yeah, it's fast, it's crazy fast, it's bragging rights though for the wealthy who can afford it.

i doubt the ones that are ever sold will hit the road much anyways

Sky
01-08-2003, 10:58 PM
I would definetly like one of these. Now show me the money...!:love:

ninjak84
01-08-2003, 11:25 PM
Haha!
Of course this car is excessive! Who needs two V-8 engines linked in a W format?
But then again, when you think about it, anything above a Pontiac Firefly is excessive. Why do you need to go faster than the limit?

This car is the supercar that's going to piss on the Murcielago, and any other car for the next 2-3 years. I love the styling in it, and can't wait to take a picture of one in real life.

It's been in the works for years... and that just goes to show that Bugatti makes their cars perfect :)

Ben
01-09-2003, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by finboy
powered by vw correct?

you bet cha. Bugatti is owned by VW. its 2 W8 motors and lots of turbo, haha, McLaren, haha, in the dust.

Any car that can do 0-300km/h in less than 14 seconds gets my vote, hahaha

Mikko
01-09-2003, 06:57 AM
BLAHHHHHHHHH!
Anyone who buys this better race in some track car championship. Or rally group...haha.

I don't want to drive that thing. I'd like to live to see tomorrow. Really.

Regarding things being excessive: I'd want something like an Evo or STi for competing purposes, and an used econobox for commuting. Economical, practical, more enviromentally friendly, less of a pain in the ass.

CLiVE
01-09-2003, 10:32 AM
A bit excessive....ok, very excessive.

Can I get 4 Turbo XS RFL's with that.......jk...:D The ultimate BOV mobile.

T5_X
01-09-2003, 11:10 AM
What advantages does this motor car have over, say, a train, which I could also afford.

finboy
01-09-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Ranger_X31
What advantages does this motor car have over, say, a train, which I could also afford.

nice homer quote :thumbsup:

redec
01-09-2003, 03:29 PM
She'll go 300 hectares on a single pint of kerosene....now put it in 'K' and we shall go.

Rydog
01-09-2003, 05:23 PM
too bad it's an auto...i've had a ton of pics of that car for like a year and the interior is ultra luxury style, not race. this is the inside of it.

Ben
01-09-2003, 06:17 PM
Yes, but a 7 speed sequential is FAR better to put that kind of power to the ground IMO, a manual transaxle would be horrific! Very few would be able to drive the thing!

In any case, that is a sweet sweet ride, the pinacle of technology!

4wheeldrift
01-09-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Just_d16n
too bad it's an auto...i've had a ton of pics of that car for like a year and the interior is ultra luxury style, not race. this is the inside of it. It's a manual transmission with a hydraulically actuated clutch, similar to the system ferrari and aston martin use. No clutch pedal, but not torque converter either.

T5_X
01-09-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by redec
She'll go 300 hectares on a single pint of kerosene....now put it in 'K' and we shall go.

LOL, not the same episode, but still a good scene!

"now count homer, shall we discuss the-"
"no we shant, yoink!"

Which aston has the hydraulic clutch w/ semi auto shift?

4wheeldrift
01-09-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Ranger_X31

LOL, not the same episode, but still a good scene!

"now count homer, shall we discuss the-"
"no we shant, yoink!"

Which aston has the hydraulic clutch w/ semi auto shift? That would be the Vanquish.

ninjak84
01-09-2003, 08:55 PM
Doesn't almost every car made today have a hydro clutch?
I know mine does...
The only car I've ever driven without one, was my buddies 92 Golf GTI... wow, shifting was the most horrible thing ever. The clutch ran on a cable, and was stiffer than steel to press in. Nice car though, too bad it was written off.

4wheeldrift
01-09-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84
I know mine does... Yes, but not every car has the transmission computer telling the clutch when to engage and disengage.

T5_X
01-09-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84
I know mine does...
The only car I've ever driven without one, was my buddies 92 Golf GTI... wow, shifting was the most horrible thing ever. The clutch ran on a cable, and was stiffer than steel to press in. Nice car though, too bad it was written off.

We're talking about semi auto trannies. Almost all use lockup tq converter, but very high end cars and race cars usually use actual clutches.

Weapon_R
01-09-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Just_d16n
too bad it's an auto...i've had a ton of pics of that car for like a year and the interior is ultra luxury style, not race. this is the inside of it.

I love that interior!

And I hardly think that 99.9999999% of the people who buy this car are going to be able to find any limitations with the auto tranny...let alone wish for a manual transmission.

Rydog
01-10-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
It's a manual transmission with a hydraulically actuated clutch, similar to the system ferrari and aston martin use. No clutch pedal, but not torque converter either.

figured it must have had something like that. I like the back end of it a lot too, awesome styling!

m@+CH
01-10-2003, 10:09 AM
NICE NICE
haha but not like we can afford it!!
:nut: