PDA

View Full Version : SRT 4 vs WRX... which one?

qaxaz
04-26-2005, 02:56 PM
Ok. This summer im gonna be getting a a new car, and ive narrowed it down to a WRX (cant afford an sti:cry: ) or an SRT 4. Ive read all the consumer reports and they are pretty much dead even. Which would you take?

pzz
04-26-2005, 03:08 PM
It all depends would you rather have a FWD car or an AWD car. I would personally go for the SRT4 but an STI would be a whole different story:thumbsup: Good luck!

limecorrado
04-26-2005, 03:16 PM
I Would buy the wrx because it's more stylish and subaru has excelent resale value.

Bigchuckers
04-26-2005, 03:20 PM
The SRT-4 is both limited production and a serious ass kicker so I wouldnt worry too much about resale. I would bet it will hold better than a WRX. Depends what you want from a car. If its just performance, save your green back and gett he SRT-4. If its somthing you have to pay off or keep for the next 3-5 years, better look at which will give you more use.

QuasarCav
04-26-2005, 03:21 PM
Write FWD on one side of a coin and AWD on the other. Flip coin three (3) times and the side to win twice is the car you chose.

BokCh0y
04-26-2005, 03:24 PM
if your gonna buy a wrx it's gotta be an STi. Otherwise go with the SRT-4.

vietdood
04-26-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by BokCh0y
if your gonna buy a wrx it's gotta be an STi. Otherwise go with the SRT-4.

yup, if you're goign to buy a new vehicle, you might as well buy the top of the line of that model then getting middle or base model.

habsfan
04-26-2005, 03:27 PM
^ how do you figure "it's gotta be an STi? i'd take a WRX over an SRT-4 any day of the week without consideration.

finboy
04-26-2005, 03:36 PM
srt4, but then again i like dodge motors, nice and overbuilt :D

qaxaz
04-26-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by vietdood

yup, if you're goign to buy a new vehicle, you might as well buy the top of the line of that model then getting middle or base model.

You know thats like a $12k price difference right? The WRX is already stretching it thin enough

qaxaz
04-26-2005, 03:41 PM
i mean between the sti and wrx

AsianCaucasian
04-26-2005, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by finboy

I wish i still had my dodge turbo :( too bad the block cracked.

GoChris
04-26-2005, 03:44 PM
Well, the SRT-4 is so much cheaper, and more powerful. But being in calgary maybe you would like AWD for the winter? I drove my SRT-4 in the winter no problem though so for myself AWD wouldnt be a huge factor, the price would be.

Looks and styling is a personal preference to make your mind up on that yourself. But performance wise, I think the SRT-4 wins.

Celica TVS3
04-26-2005, 03:45 PM
If your going to drive it year round - get the WRX - you'll thank yourself from Nov. - Feb.

DannyO
04-26-2005, 03:46 PM
I like the SRT4, but I'd go for the WRX, just nicer looking IMO, has a good history (In rallying, which I love) but the main thing is, it has AWD which in a city that can have snow anytime and does for like nearly half the year, then that AWD will come in handy.

Aleks
04-26-2005, 03:54 PM
Have you thought of getting an STi from Quebec. I found one with 12K for 30 Grand. Its 2004. Salt won't be an issue after 1 year. They are much cheaper there.
Pretty much brand new, thousands less than you can get here!

qaxaz
04-26-2005, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
Have you thought of getting an STi from Quebec. I found one with 12K for 30 Grand. Its 2004. Salt won't be an issue after 1 year. They are much cheaper there.
Pretty much brand new, thousands less than you can get here!

I'll have to look into that

finboy
04-26-2005, 04:01 PM
fwd isn't that bad in winter, just get proper tires, lol

SOAB
04-26-2005, 04:05 PM
or a better driver :tongue:

asp integra
04-26-2005, 04:12 PM
ya, consider getting an sti in from eastern canada, cars there are so much cheaper than they are here, but i like the wrx more than an srt 4

frostyda9
04-26-2005, 04:20 PM
WRX :thumbsup:

Phy
04-26-2005, 04:21 PM
Two things you'll want to consider: Which is going to be easier(cheaper) to work on? And which is going to light up your spinal column when you test drive them?

menace3
04-26-2005, 05:03 PM
i test drive both of them already. i like the Wrx better cuz of handling and very good all year round.

Mr. Burns
04-26-2005, 05:05 PM
WRX for sure.

old&slow
04-26-2005, 05:23 PM
You really want to be seen driving a Neon??

NickGT
04-26-2005, 05:26 PM
SRT-4 :burnout:

Billy
04-26-2005, 05:27 PM
^^ exactly! WRX for sure!

finboy
04-26-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by old&slow

worst argument evAr :rolleyes:

duffspec
04-26-2005, 05:39 PM
WRX gots my vote!!:thumbsup:

Weapon_R
04-26-2005, 05:40 PM
SRT-4 is discontinued after this year, correct?

If that's the case, i'd definately go for that. Superb warranty and performance in a package that will be in HIGH demand as the years go by. There aren't that many SRTs in Calgary today.

JAYMEZ
04-26-2005, 05:59 PM
I would go with WRX , AWD baby :burnout:

Supa Dexta
04-26-2005, 06:59 PM

care to explain the 2.7l in intrepids the past few yrs?:nut:

finboy
04-26-2005, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta

care to explain the 2.7l in intrepids the past few yrs?:nut:

dodge 4 cyl's, very overbuilt.

RickDaTuner
04-26-2005, 07:35 PM

dodge 4 cyl's, very overbuilt.
mabey because they are Mistubishi engines?:rolleyes: :D :burnout:

crazydave
04-26-2005, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by habsfan
^ how do you figure "it's gotta be an STi? i'd take a WRX over an SRT-4 any day of the week without consideration.

i pick WRX, i like the styleing much better.even tho the srt-4 is awesome performance,the neon model is gross IMO:barf:

finboy
04-26-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner

*looks at sig* not all were :D

Bigchuckers
04-26-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner

mmmm the 2.2 was pure Dodge IRC and the Dodge/Mitsu 2.6 and 1.8 never exactly lit the world on fire...

I get a kick out of some of guys. Why buy the WRX instead of the STi, oh its only $12k more...like WTF?? You talk as if the WRX is a waste of time. There is NO way the premium for a STi over a WRX is worth it beyond the material aspect. I dont care what control knobs you have or the extra 80hp. Thats alot of cash for really not a whole lot more. Its the same in the tech threads, someone asks what simple bolt ons to use and everyone says ohh buy a $3k turbo kit. Amazing how rich everyone around here is.

And since when was FF difficult in the snow? Learn to fucking drive. I drove RWD for years here in Sask, we dont get the luxury of chinooks to melt things every couple weeks. Get some tires.

If a WRX is stretching what you can afford, serious get the SRT4. There is no way the added stress and pressure of having to fork over the extra amount every month for how many years would make up for the fun factor difference. Or having to sacrifice other things in life.

With the cash left over you can buy your honey a set of those up there.

<------

Phy
04-26-2005, 08:04 PM
^The Voice Of Reason.

qaxaz
04-26-2005, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Bigchuckers

mmmm the 2.2 was pure Dodge IRC and the Dodge/Mitsu 2.6 and 1.8 never exactly lit the world on fire...

I get a kick out of some of guys. Why buy the WRX instead of the STi, oh its only $12k more...like WTF?? You talk as if the WRX is a waste of time. There is NO way the premium for a STi over a WRX is worth it beyond the material aspect. I dont care what control knobs you have or the extra 80hp. Thats alot of cash for really not a whole lot more. Its the same in the tech threads, someone asks what simple bolt ons to use and everyone says ohh buy a $3k turbo kit. Amazing how rich everyone around here is.

And since when was FF difficult in the snow? Learn to fucking drive. I drove RWD for years here in Sask, we dont get the luxury of chinooks to melt things every couple weeks. Get some tires.

If a WRX is stretching what you can afford, serious get the SRT4. There is no way the added stress and pressure of having to fork over the extra amount every month for how many years would make up for the fun factor difference. Or having to sacrifice other things in life.

With the cash left over you can buy your honey a set of those up there.

&lt;------

I like the way you think... so far im leaning way towards srt 4

JAYMEZ
04-26-2005, 08:19 PM
How about this , lets stop the Subaru Vs Neon , dude seriously pick the one you want , not what we want.

qaxaz
04-26-2005, 08:22 PM
Heres another thought. Some of the used srt 4's have been in accidents and have been repaired... Is it worth the extra money to take a clean car? I mean, assuming what i read above is true and this is the last year they're making them, in a while it probably will be worth having a car that i can say has never been in an accident, right?

Weapon_R
04-26-2005, 08:24 PM
If it has a repaired title, you should stay away - not only are some of them poorly repaired, but they become much more difficult to pawn off once you are finished with it.

If it's just a small fender dent, :whocares:

RickDaTuner
04-26-2005, 08:24 PM
sti >wrx

for so many reasons, im not just saying that because i own one, but the price is justified; porsche performance for half the price?

lotta you guys just see a car with a few extra gizmos, but the STi is so much more than that, just about every single mechanical part in the STi is differnt than the WRX, they may look the same but are built completly differnt

as for the question of WRX VS SRT4

i say WRX, the srt4 is not at this point a limted prouction veichle, they were mass sold, and there are tons and i mean tons on the road especially in the USA

but if i were you i would look at buying a new STi from the States or better yet a used one

Mazstyle
04-26-2005, 08:26 PM
SRT-4 all the way, I wasn't a fan of dodge until I drove one :D

qaxaz
04-26-2005, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
How about this , lets stop the Subaru Vs Neon , dude seriously pick the one you want , not what we want.

well, theres a lot of knowledge in this group of people, I wanted to hear what they had to say. And its helped, cause i like both of them and id buy both if i could, but that doesnt work.

CRXguy
04-26-2005, 11:44 PM

I get a kick out of some of guys. Why buy the WRX instead of the STi, oh its only $12k more...like WTF?? You talk as if the WRX is a waste of time. There is NO way the premium for a STi over a WRX is worth it beyond the material aspect. I dont care what control knobs you have or the extra 80hp. Thats alot of cash for really not a whole lot more.

:rolleyes:

STi 2.5L engine - $7500 used
STi 6spd DCCD tranny - $6000 used
STi Rear Diff - $700 used
STi Springs/struts - $1000 used
STi Brembo brakes - $1300 used
STi lateral links/trailing arms - $1100 new
STi wheels/tires - $1300 used
----------------------------------------------
$18,900

Add that to a brand new WRX and it costs way more than what an STi would cost. Notice how most of the parts are used? So explain to me why the STi is not worth the extra money? :drama:

JAYMEZ
04-27-2005, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by qaxaz

well, theres a lot of knowledge in this group of people, I wanted to hear what they had to say. And its helped, cause i like both of them and id buy both if i could, but that doesnt work.

You should have done a search then , these threads can get ugly once people start defending each car... Just a warning ... Seriously go for the car YOU want , not what we want. Eather way you get a good car.

Bigchuckers
04-27-2005, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by CRXguy

:rolleyes:

STi 2.5L engine - $7500 used
STi 6spd DCCD tranny - $6000 used
STi Rear Diff - $700 used
STi Springs/struts - $1000 used
STi Brembo brakes - $1300 used
STi lateral links/trailing arms - $1100 new
STi wheels/tires - $1300 used
----------------------------------------------
$18,900

Add that to a brand new WRX and it costs way more than what an STi would cost. Notice how most of the parts are used? So explain to me why the STi is not worth the extra money? :drama:

Thats all fine and tandy, and I agree. But, do you need it? I'm sure those Brembo's would help the odd time a semi or car pulls out in front of you, but is qaxaz going to auto cross? The stiffer ride would be nice in a fast sweeper, but perhaps annoying after a while during every day driving. End of the day, odds are a person can scare the shit out of themselve just as much in a base WRX as an STi. I wont disagree the STi is faster in every way, but do you need it for the extra $12k your going to spend? IMO theres just more you can get. Buy a frickin Sea-Doo and snowmobile for that difference. If you have the cash cool, but you cant say well you might as well spend 33% more just to get the better model when what most of makes it better wont be used 95% of the time.

heavyD
04-27-2005, 07:56 AM

No doubt. I can't even answer which one I would rather own without driving them back to back extensively as I find both vehicles to be homley so it would be strictly a performance buy.

statick
04-27-2005, 08:25 AM
IMO get the wrx.....awd owns me.

cant go wrong with either of them though.

heavyD
04-27-2005, 09:06 AM

Thats all fine and tandy, and I agree. But, do you need it? I'm sure those Brembo's would help the odd time a semi or car pulls out in front of you, but is qaxaz going to auto cross? The stiffer ride would be nice in a fast sweeper, but perhaps annoying after a while during every day driving. End of the day, odds are a person can scare the shit out of themselve just as much in a base WRX as an STi. I wont disagree the STi is faster in every way, but do you need it for the extra $12k your going to spend? IMO theres just more you can get. Buy a frickin Sea-Doo and snowmobile for that difference. If you have the cash cool, but you cant say well you might as well spend 33% more just to get the better model when what most of makes it better wont be used 95% of the time.

You are way off base.:confused:

The STi is worth every extra penny over the WRX. Perfomance-wise the numbers speak for themselves. There are so many upgrades on the STi over the WRX that it's like comparing an AWD DSM to an EVO VIII. The 6-speed tranny is way better than the weak 5-speed in the WRX, you get the extra .5L displacement, better intercooler with water sprayer, better wheels/tires, better brakes, better suspension, nicer interior, nicer exterior, etc, etc. I would own an STi in a heartbeat but I can't say that about the WRX.

awd
04-27-2005, 09:31 AM
Tough decision that comes down to personal preference IMO.

I chose the WRX because I wanted an AWD with some balls - easy choice. That said, the SRT-4 super neon has some serious power...

Another argument is how much will each be worth in 5 years? ;)

awd
04-27-2005, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by heavyD

The STi is worth every extra penny over the WRX. Perfomance-wise the numbers speak for themselves. There are so many upgrades on the STi over the WRX that it's like comparing an AWD DSM to an EVO VIII. The 6-speed tranny is way better than the weak 5-speed in the WRX, you get the extra .5L displacement, better intercooler with water sprayer, better wheels/tires, better brakes, better suspension, nicer interior, nicer exterior, etc, etc. I would own an STi in a heartbeat but I can't say that about the WRX.

Well of course, thats common sense -- but do I want to pay 5K /year insurance instead 2K and $700 instead of $400 in monthly payments?

k_dawg
04-27-2005, 09:43 AM
I think it really depends on your personal taste and what you like. Theres pros and cons about each car you just have to see which ones weigh out the others. IMO I would choose a WRX because I've only driven the WRX and not a SRT-4 before but who knows maybe that will change if I drive one sometime.
Good luck with your decision and purchase

Ntense_SpecV
04-27-2005, 10:02 AM
It also depends on what your purpose is for the car - personally if you are just going to use it as a daily driver - get the WRX. It has enough grunt and is awd if you are worried about snowy conditions. I don't care what anybody says about 'just get tires'. Tires won't save your ass driving out to Banff in a blizzard. If you want to mod the hell out of it and go damn fast buy the SRT-4 as it's THE cheapest plateform and the best $/hp application out there period.

heavyD
04-27-2005, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by awd
Well of course, thats common sense -- but do I want to pay 5K /year insurance instead 2K and $700 instead of $400 in monthly payments?

It isn't revelant what you want to pay. Maybe you don't want or can't pay the money but some people can and will. The STi is worth every penny over the cost of a WRX, that's all I said. If you can't afford it or don't want to pay for the STi, who cares?

awd
04-27-2005, 11:21 AM

It isn't revelant what you want to pay. Maybe you don't want or can't pay the money but some people can and will. The STi is worth every penny over the cost of a WRX, that's all I said. If you can't afford it or don't want to pay for the STi, who cares?

And a Porsche 911 is worth every penny over an STi...who cares?

heavyD
04-27-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by awd

And a Porsche 911 is worth every penny over an STi...who cares?

I'm not the one who said I didn't want to make the higher payments.

awd
04-27-2005, 11:32 AM

I'm not the one who said I didn't want to make the higher payments.

Thats right, I did.

You are comparing apples and oranges, it is silliness. If someone has a budget of say 35K what is the point of telling them that a 45K car is better?

heavyD
04-27-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by awd
Thats right, I did.

You are comparing apples and oranges, it is silliness. If someone has a budget of say 35K what is the point of telling them that a 45K car is better?

Bigchuckers said that the STi wasn't worth the money so I said he was crazy then put out the stupid post saying that you didn't want to make the insurance/car payments on an STi when no one really cares about what you want to pay for anything.

I already answered the original poster's question, that he needs to drive both (WRX & SRT4). Lets get back to the main topic on the SRT4 or WRX, not how you want to balance your monthly bills.

BlkMaxima
04-27-2005, 02:57 PM
STI:thumbsup: WRX:thumbsup: SRT4:thumbsup:

ANY TURBO CAR:thumbsup:

ryder_23
04-27-2005, 03:06 PM

this is why they get started :rofl:

Subaru VS Dodge :rofl:

That.Guy.S30
04-27-2005, 03:54 PM
^
man this place sounds like nasioc. haha
bottom line subaru boys the SRT4 is fasttttttarrrrrr lol.

i would get a wrx.

Bigchuckers
04-28-2005, 12:11 AM

Alot of you talk as if the WRX doesnt perform. I already agreed the STi has better everything, but do you need it for the extra money? When somebody says oh dont buy a WRX if you cant afford a STi, thats kinda retarded. Why buy a Boxster if you can't afford the Turbo 911? A WRX is more car than I would bet 95%of people around here could properly handle. You prefer the STi because of what it brings to the table, most people buy a car because they can afford it. If you dont Solo or circuit race then you have no need for those performance extras.

Z_Fan
04-28-2005, 12:30 AM
Well...

I tend to agree with heavyD here. (Not tend, but totally agree) Sheesh, he's just pointing out the STi is *WAY* more of a car than the WRX - and it's worth every single penny.

The STi is far superior to the WRX IMO. When you're buying these cars, that's all that matters. Cuz frankly, the WRX, STi and SRT-4 all mother fugly, so surely you can't be picking any of these cars cuz they look nice. LOL.

So, if you can't afford the STi, and the WRX doesn't offer you the level of performance you want...well, Get an SRT-4.

If you want excellent performance and a solid economical decision - get yourself an SRT-4 for sure.

If you are tracking the car on a road course - definitely go to the STi if you want a superb car for that department. It'll own the WRX or SRT-4 all day long on a track.

BigMass
04-28-2005, 12:47 PM
Just another suggestion. In that price range i would also look at the 05 Type S

RickDaTuner
04-28-2005, 12:49 PM
see for the price of a new WRX here you can buy a slightly used STi from the states, im talking less than 5k on the tach

That.Guy.S30
04-28-2005, 12:50 PM

Alot of you talk as if the WRX doesnt perform. I already agreed the STi has better everything, but do you need it for the extra money? When somebody says oh dont buy a WRX if you cant afford a STi, thats kinda retarded. Why buy a Boxster if you can't afford the Turbo 911? A WRX is more car than I would bet 95%of people around here could properly handle. You prefer the STi because of what it brings to the table, most people buy a car because they can afford it. If you dont Solo or circuit race then you have no need for those performance extras.

what heavy d is trying to say is if he was goin to get a rex is would have to be the wrx sti becuase the regular rex is not attractive to him.

SwitchBlade
04-28-2005, 12:59 PM
I havent had the chance to drive the Sti but the SRT-4 has defiently got some balls. My word of advice is for you to go test drive them both. Then go from there. Happy hunting.

heavyD
04-28-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by BigMass
Just another suggestion. In that price range i would also look at the 05 Type S

It's a fairly nice car but it doesn't have the straight line performance capability (please don't tell me that if you put on a T3/T4 it will be faster as were talking about stock) as the WRX or SRT4.

cloud7
04-28-2005, 01:33 PM
If you are not in a hurry of deciding, it may be wise to wait a few months when the 2006 WRX specs come out... Rumours that the WRX will get a 2.5L engine with 250 hp.

heavyD
04-28-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by cloud7
If you are not in a hurry of deciding, it may be wise to wait a few months when the 2006 WRX specs come out... Rumours that the WRX will get a 2.5L engine with 250 hp.

Is it going to have the hideous front end on their new sport utility that looks like the offspring of a Peugot & an Aztek? I wouldn't mind owning a Subaru but they refuse to build a sexy looking car that's has the "gotta have it" look. I'm all for looking different but please don't try to sell me ass-ugly styling as "distinct".

DarkDream
04-30-2005, 12:13 PM
WRX WOOOOO!!!

#1hustler
05-01-2005, 05:23 PM
I would go with the WRX especially because of the all wheel drive. If your going to drive it in winter you cant put a price on your safety.

The srt4 is more of a straight line fast car ( with tons of wheel hop in stock form) which doesn't appeal to me.

Although the STI is a much better car than the WRX stock for stock, I have had the privelege of driving one, I do like the WRX's tunability much more. There are tons of performance parts for the stock WRX 2L.

Personally I would try to find an '02 WRX which is lightly used, if you want more power drop in a vf34 put on a turboback, some engine management possibly a front mount or beefed up top mount and some other goodies and you have a 300 whp car that feels like its on rails.

good luck with your choice and whatever anyone says I think you will be happy with either choice.

RWD
05-01-2005, 05:56 PM
wrx.,..

PrezeS_PL
05-02-2005, 08:11 PM
WRX:thumbsup:

adrianracer
05-03-2005, 04:57 PM

Uh, that's Subaru Vs Dodge or Impressa Vs Neon, or WRX Vs
SRT4 to be more accurate. I hear your Impressa is kinda slow off the line even with AWD?

That.Guy.S30
05-04-2005, 03:50 PM
^ imprezza not impressa

edit: you might want to read about awd launches. lol it is anything but slow off the line

adrianracer
05-04-2005, 05:20 PM
My bad on the spelling :D , The launch depends entirely on "who" is operating the pedals, most people don't have the skill to launch effectively with AWD. There is always a weight disadvantage with AWD that has to be acounted for as well. That is one reason a SRT4 is capable of beating a WRX 0-60.
And if anyone would like me to prove this theory come to Race City Friday night on either the strip or where the real drivers hang on the solo course and lets see?

That.Guy.S30
05-04-2005, 11:08 PM
no offense but the srt4 has more whp/tq than any standard rex. i believe the srt4 engine is underrated and those hp ratings are more comparable to the STi.

that being said i dont think we should contribute to this thread anymore lol. it always ends up with the same ending = constant bickering on both sides.

JCX
05-04-2005, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by old&amp;slow

What you don't like the looks of the SRT-4? I'm sure you're more used to seeing the tail lights.

WRX vs SRT-4
$35,495 base vs $27,380.00 base. $8000 is a LOT of money. Are you paying for the car or financing it?

Both are very tuneable cars, strong motors but the SRT-4 definitely has the stronger tranny. Both have a large aftermarket

I don't know much about the Subaru handling but I assume it's good. The SRT-4 handles pretty good despite int4rnet rumors and has a great limited slip diff. There is also the ACR option ($1500) that gives you a better suspension and wider wheels.

In my opinion right I would not ever buy a 2.0 WRX new now, I'd wait until 2006 and see if the 2.5 comes in the WRX. If not, I'd just get a Legacy GT and spend a few more $. That 2.5 is a pretty strong motor, ACX (my bro) just got a Forester XT manual. :)

In this marketplace for the price range the SRT-4 is a good value. If you buy a 2.0 litre WRX today and next year the 2.5 litre motor comes out in the WRX you can figure the resale going down as well.

P.S. For those saying STi, that car costs $20k+ more than the SRT-4. :tongue:

CRXguy
05-04-2005, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by adrianracer
My bad on the spelling :D , The launch depends entirely on &quot;who&quot; is operating the pedals, most people don't have the skill to launch effectively with AWD. There is always a weight disadvantage with AWD that has to be acounted for as well. That is one reason a SRT4 is capable of beating a WRX 0-60.
And if anyone would like me to prove this theory come to Race City Friday night on either the strip or where the real drivers hang on the solo course and lets see?

what's your best 60' time?

adrianracer
05-05-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by CRXguy

what's your best 60' time?

Really fast! I'm not a drag guy so I don't pay attentions to that stuff. I like the road course and oval more and my time on the oval in a legends car is 19.26 sec and on the road course I have done a 1min. 22sec lap in a 300hp Datsun 240z. I plan on being at Race City on Friday and will run the drag strip for shits and giggles, so you can see my 60" time if you like, too bad we couldn't keep going through corner 1 at 200k after the drag run!

jumperman8
05-05-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by pzz
It all depends would you rather have a FWD car or an AWD car. I would personally go for the SRT4 but an STI would be a whole different story:thumbsup: Good luck!

I agree wiht the first reply, the SRT-4 will give you some good pick up and speed, and if you can afford a STI, why buy a WRX, just my personal opinion.

mac_82
05-06-2005, 08:39 PM
but if you can afford a wrx why buy a glorified neon? i personally would love to have the wrx. awd gets my vote.

infected
05-06-2005, 08:40 PM
WRX hands down :bigpimp: