PDA

View Full Version : Fs: 87 dodge omni

civiclvr
04-26-2005, 04:38 PM
Hey all posting for the g/f

The Info:
'87 dodge omni GLH
2.2 L carbed engine (non turbo folks, same engine though so maybe throw on a turbo?) but still runs strong!!
auto

Km's well the odometer reads 17631 -- lol but it only has 5 digits. my g/f is the second owner and her aunt was the original owner who didnt drive it much.. they both figure that it's only rolled over once so 117631km's
tires- front - 6 months old.. still good
-back - bout 1/4" tread left.. maybe need to be replaced soon

the poor news:
well, her previous guy friend kinda bagged on it and didn't repair much. so since i've met her here's what's been done
new left front fender (last one has a dent in it, sadly this fender is silver)
new headlight and indicator surrounds (last ones had cracks due to age)
fixed alternator prob.
had to clean up the carb
brand new battery

needing to be done:

carb needs a rebuild as startup is hard (need to pump the gas pedal)
rear hatch has to be opened from the inside, the outside is seized
me thinks the valve cover gasket needs to be replaced (fairly cheap though)
needs new front bumper.... it's gone.. dont ask how cause neither of us know.. but it's gone
minor, VERY minor rust spot

Car is from BC.. with a bumper i'm sure could pass inspection NO Prob.
Unsure as to what else needs to be done, i'm not a dodge guy and know very little about these engines.. but it is the same engine they used for the turbo ones... so potentially a decent sleeper.
Interior is good.. maybe a spot here or there but no rips to my knowledge
all electrics work including original radio!!! lol
She's asking $300 and she's not budging!! fair deal for a nice project, pics will take a few days for those of u interested.. just PM me and i'll see if i can help u out!
thanks

canadiandaytona
04-26-2005, 06:27 PM
Are you sure its a GLH?
If So I'm very Intrested...PM pics/location please!

civiclvr
04-26-2005, 06:56 PM
as far as i've been able to find out, in 87 they ONLY had glh and glh turbos, due to limited runs cause they were prepping to change over to feul injected
pics will be up shortly,(next day or 2) she's cleaning it!! lol
and it's located in SW.. Chinook area
*edit* i'll try to figure it out....

finboy
04-26-2005, 07:27 PM
glh turbo's were only 1985 and 1986, there were non turbo glh's however (1984-1986 i believe).

this would not be a GLH, good luck with the sale, that is a fair price.

civiclvr
04-27-2005, 10:33 AM
BUMP! to answer concerns:

---finboy:
http://www.allpar.com/omni/omni.html
The Omni GLH and GLHSAlso in 1984, a new model called the Omni GLH arrived. Appropriately named "Goes-Like-Hell", this Dodge Omni was created with the right-hand man known as Carroll Shelby. The '84 GLH was not turbocharged and was available only with a 110-bhp naturally aspirated engine. It did, however, have a special camshaft, milled block (.020) to bring up the compression for major power gains, and a chrome engine dress-up valve cover. No ground effects came from the factory on the 1984 GLHs. Chrysler's "direct-connection" designed an after-market ground effects kit for the Omni's that eventually became the production versions found on the 1985s and '86s.

- the GLH came in both turbo AND non turbo and originally came out in 84 as a GLH NOT 85. Turbo GLH's came in 85.. damn near identical engine though.....glh's were introduced in 84 and I never said this one had a turbo

---daytona seeing her tonight, will try to get as much info as possible for sure for you, the original bill o sale doesn't have a model type.. though i will find out for you.

canadiandaytona
04-27-2005, 11:13 AM
All finboy was saying was he didn't think there was a GLH in 87...I i agree, never heard of an 87 GLH...

But definatly sounds like a good Project for a TUrbo Swap..or Supercharge kit ...if one can be found.

Jfry99
04-27-2005, 01:22 PM
i'll give you $25 and a stock spoiler off of a jetta

civiclvr
04-29-2005, 09:59 AM
i got pics now.. email addy anyone? i dunno how to post pics... i'll try to search it up!

edit: whatev's bypassed upload prob
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2127458343

Thaco
04-29-2005, 06:01 PM
if you decide to budge on the price give me a shout.

civiclvr
05-01-2005, 05:07 PM
TTT no one?? pics are here and it would be a fun sleeper!!

civiclvr
05-03-2005, 04:58 PM
bump.. got a pm.. but no cash.. anyone?

civiclvr
05-05-2005, 12:09 PM
bump first come first serve!