PDA

View Full Version : places that suck

conserndconsumr
04-26-2005, 06:40 PM
little rant here..
got my car done cheap. i went to best buy and all i have to say is that they sucked! they were so hard to deal with and even though it was cheaper the quality, service, and everything else imaginable was cheap. i would never recomend anyone going there. pay a little more and get the service and quality that you expect!!! i'm gonna go check out derdall designs. i've got a few friends who have had stuff done there and it's awesome! their cars have come back clean and intact. unlike mine. i totally regret going to best buy. never again.

Makaveli_187
04-26-2005, 07:26 PM
ive gotten a deck install at bestbuy n i gotta admit they did a pretty good job, it looked like my car came stock with an alpine deck. which bestbuy did u get it installed at?

n8 d o dubz
04-27-2005, 12:50 AM
soundsaround lixx nut sack all the way u shouldve seen the install i had to fix that my buddy paid $450 for, im not even a pro and i made it sound 8 million times better. putting the speakers on the proper side of the rear deck was a great starting point. never get anything installed there just go there for the cheaper prices and then go to auto temp or somewhere and pay a little more for proper installation

GTS Jeff
04-27-2005, 01:22 AM
Heh, first off Best Buy isn't cheap at all - they're pricey because they're a huge company that has large brand recognition. Actually I think they're the world's largest electronics retailer.

Second, the "techs" that work for Best Buy are usually just regular guys making their $10/hr. Sometimes you'll get an experienced OG that cares about his work, sometimes you'll a highschooler tooling around on your car - it's hit or miss.

Black_ZX2
04-29-2005, 08:36 PM
I hate Soudsaround! I bought a Pioneer HU there and went in to have it installed. The guy said the clips to remove the factory stereo were broken and he couldn't get the stereo out so he couldn't do it. I ran to Canadian Tire, bought the Ford radio removal tool and took it out myself. (Nothing was broken). I took it back about 10 minutes later and he said he couldn't do it now. He was working on another vehicle, so I had to make another appointment. I went into the showroom, found my salesman and bitched like hell. He was able to get me an appointment at another location. I hate Soundsaround!:guns:

Seanith
04-30-2005, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Black_ZX2
I hate Soudsaround! I bought a Pioneer HU there and went in to have it installed. The guy said the clips to remove the factory stereo were broken and he couldn't get the stereo out so he couldn't do it. I ran to Canadian Tire, bought the Ford radio removal tool and took it out myself. (Nothing was broken). I took it back about 10 minutes later and he said he couldn't do it now. He was working on another vehicle, so I had to make another appointment. I went into the showroom, found my salesman and bitched like hell. He was able to get me an appointment at another location. I hate Soundsaround!:guns:

After all that shit why didn't you just install it yourself? if you could get it out and his fool ass couldn't, sounds like you would have done a better job :rofl:

cycosis
05-01-2005, 01:22 PM
A & B sound i ahve mixed feelings about. they did an awesome fiberglass job on my door speaker pods but their service when i was having dificulties with my subs was terrible.

vcteggy
05-01-2005, 01:24 PM
yeah I got my subs done at Visions, gave me a great deal on equipment but during install they messed up one of my interior panels :thumbsdow

Ekliptix
05-01-2005, 01:33 PM
I hate Soundsaround too. They inconvenienced me one pretty bad one time.

fresh
05-01-2005, 01:52 PM
Soundaround is a bunch of bullsh&@! last year when i knew nothing about car audio i dicided to go there to get an amp for my new subs. shure they gave me a deal on 2 2ch amps but my subs are dual 4 and the amps were not 2ohm stable. this is such a simple concept, but i had know idea at the time. i went through 4 different amps and a hell of alot more money than i wanted to spend. those dumb asses don't understand the concept of a minimum load on an amp! well most of them. Autotemp finally explained to me the problem and now i got it all figured out.

shandi
05-01-2005, 04:09 PM
Dont go to the car shop they installed an alarm for my dad last tuesday and it took 4 hours and then when we got home our cd player wasnt working at all and then we noticed the horn wasnt either lol how hard is it too put an alarm in if thats what you do everyday.:confused: