PDA

View Full Version : any good places for wings tonight?

G
01-08-2003, 05:49 PM
Anybody know of any places in the SW or around Chinook?

mrmattyk
01-08-2003, 05:55 PM
Schanks (cant spell it), 25 cent wings (it's worth it). It's in the mall with the Brick and the Blockbuster. Near Ranchmans!

Point and Feather (24th Street and 90th ave SW) 20 cent wings, good service, awesome staff, lots of room, quiet, nicely decorated and excellent wings (good kitchen all around, no complaints here).. it's one of my favorite places

Studio 82 - 10 cent wings (it's really gross in there and the wings are subpar) but edible for those who are ghetto broke..

Bull and Finch (elbow and southland dr. sw; in the mall with the tim hortons and chikkos accross from the library) - 25 cent wings, not bad wings at all but space is limited..

"Point and Feather" is the best IMO....

Ben
01-08-2003, 05:55 PM
Woodys Taphouse has good deals.

350hp_or_Bust
01-08-2003, 06:01 PM
The Cat And Fiddle on 16 ave and 8 or 9St NW has good 25 cent wings

davidI
01-08-2003, 06:14 PM
Shileghlies on 17th Ave.

Great wings, my friends work there. 15 cents on Wednesdays. It's always packed, good looking server girls. Check it out...

Si_FlyGuy
01-08-2003, 06:38 PM
Bull and Finch had by far the hottest wings I've ever tasted...

Dave P
01-08-2003, 06:41 PM
Haha, i work at the bull. you should see what we put in the volcano wings.

are mission is to destroy your mouth tounge throat insides.

We have made peoples noses start to bleed. there so sick

DAVE P

mrmattyk
01-08-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Dave P
Haha, i work at the bull. you should see what we put in the volcano wings.

are mission is to destroy your mouth tounge throat insides.

We have made peoples noses start to bleed. there so sick

DAVE P

I ate 6 of them. They are quite hot, but not was I was expecting. Signing the waiver made me feel like a big man :tongue:

Dave P
01-08-2003, 07:03 PM
6 eh? thats pretty good.
the record is 19, was some crazy native.
the trick is if your going to order them, be nice to the server, if she doesnt like you she tells us to fuck them up.
if she likes you you only get the hot sause
if she doesnt we do what ever we can to cause pain haha

we made some guy cry on sunday. was so funny

DAVE P

kaput
01-08-2003, 08:08 PM

Dave P
01-08-2003, 08:31 PM
are regular mixture contains just "Daves Insanity Sauce"

when we try to hurt people it has
-Daves Insanity Sause
-Sams Canadian nucular explosion sause
-white ground pepper
-cayanne pepper
-jalappeno juice
-chili flakes
-curry
-garlic
-viniger
-black pepper
-garlic powder
-tarmic
-tabasco
and what ever else we can find
once we added milk and it curddled and the curddle sludge was all over the wings, it was so funny.

Dave P

Si_FlyGuy
01-08-2003, 08:32 PM
I had the Bull Vs Volcano wings a few years back hehe...I think I managed 4 or 5...but my mouth was all burnt for the next day. I really wanna know what you guys put in there. It's hot, but without the vinegary taste...

James
01-09-2003, 05:31 AM
are regular mixture contains just "Daves Insanity Sauce"

when we try to hurt people it has
-Daves Insanity Sause
-Sams Canadian nucular explosion sause
-white ground pepper
-cayanne pepper
-jalappeno juice
-chili flakes
-curry
-garlic
-viniger
-black pepper
-garlic powder
-tarmic
-tabasco
and what ever else we can find
once we added milk and it curddled and the curddle sludge was all over the wings, it was so funny.

Dave P

Thats very disturbing! yet pretty creative!:tongue: ...i use to work at a BP's, and some People would ask for "suicide" wings from time to time...im pretty sure no one orderd them twice!...we would mix everything Hot or spicey in the restaurant we could find, then Microwave them for a couple minutes first to let the Sauce Soak into the Wings...then put em in the oven. good stuff. :thumbsup:

spyderman
01-09-2003, 09:34 AM
Has anyone tried the nuclear wings at Let's Wing It? Those have to be the hottest wings around. After the first one my lips, tongue and mouth were burning like crazy. I ate 3 on a empty stomach and felt sick all night.

mrmattyk
01-09-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by spyderman
Has anyone tried the nuclear wings at Let's Wing It? Those have to be the hottest wings around. After the first one my lips, tongue and mouth were burning like crazy. I ate 3 on a empty stomach and felt sick all night.

Intriguing, where might I find this 'Let's Wing It'?

Dope Dealer
01-09-2003, 10:21 AM
Never tried Bull and Finch, but I have had a lot of Wings and by far the hottest were at a pub in Charlottetown (PEI). Nothing's even come close to wings in Calgary, I should try this Bull and Finch out ;)

mrmattyk
01-09-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Dope Dealer
Never tried Bull and Finch, but I have had a lot of Wings and by far the hottest were at a pub in Charlottetown (PEI). Nothing's even come close to wings in Calgary, I should try this Bull and Finch out ;)

Maybe you should work on that whole 'turning 18' thing first ;)

Aleks
01-09-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by mrmattyk
Schanks (cant spell it), 25 cent wings (it's worth it). It's in the mall with the Brick and the Blockbuster. Near Ranchmans!

Point and Feather (24th Street and 90th ave SW) 20 cent wings, good service, awesome staff, lots of room, quiet, nicely decorated and excellent wings (good kitchen all around, no complaints here).. it's one of my favorite places

Studio 82 - 10 cent wings (it's really gross in there and the wings are subpar) but edible for those who are ghetto broke..

Bull and Finch (elbow and southland dr. sw; in the mall with the tim hortons and chikkos accross from the library) - 25 cent wings, not bad wings at all but space is limited..

"Point and Feather" is the best IMO....

Ya Point and Feather is one of my favourite places to go to...Good food and good atmosphere.

HRD2PLZ
01-09-2003, 11:16 AM
Never heard of the Point. Might have to check it out. Seeing as most of my friends are either ghetto broke or they are cheap-asses they go to Studio 82 :barf: :thumbsdow That place is so nasty

Bull and Finch is pretty good, I have a few friends that work at a few of their locations.

VWhooligan
01-09-2003, 12:37 PM
sheleiliaghs (excuse the spelling) is a topnotch place. great looking girls working there, and great wings. always packed though.. sometiems hard to get a table

Dave P
01-09-2003, 02:40 PM
I work at the bonavista bull and finch.

If you want hot, first ask if daves working.

if i am ill give you hot haha. if im not working you will most likley get pussy suicide wings.

DAVE P

mrmattyk
01-09-2003, 03:06 PM
I work at the bonavista bull and finch.

If you want hot, first ask if daves working.

if i am ill give you hot haha. if im not working you will most likley get pussy suicide wings.

DAVE P

Yeah I'll go there, and if I dont hallucinate and see Jesus riding a unicycle.. then they weren't that hot!!

350hp_or_Bust
01-09-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by mrmattyk

Yeah I'll go there, and if I dont hallucinate and see Jesus riding a unicycle.. then they weren't that hot!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:!!

Has anyone ever been to this place on 17th ave and somewhere around 32st SW??? they have 7cent wings Tues & Thurs ... probably taste like ass though.

James
01-09-2003, 03:27 PM
Classic Jacks on 17th has 9c wings on wednesdays and 15c wings on thursdays..good wings, mostly hot servers :thumbsup:...packed all the time though