PDA

View Full Version : Question About Bass Caps

Makaveli_187
04-27-2005, 01:53 PM
I have a Digital 1 Farad Capacitor and i was wondering can i hook up 2 amps to it, or can u only hook one amp per capacitor?

BumpinTalon
04-27-2005, 01:57 PM
ditch it, and take it out of your car altogether.
sell it to somebody else and then put that money towards an upgraded battery instead.

caps make it so that your lights don't dim as much when the bass hits - but what is harder to notice, is that they are dimmer on average then they would be without a cap. plus, it reduces the headroom of your amp (basically it reduces the peak wattage) and the RMS of your amp slightly, and all it really does is lessen the dips and peaks in your car's voltage without saving your alternator or battery any stress, so you will still kill either the alt or battery given enough time.

Makaveli_187
04-27-2005, 02:06 PM
interesting, how much is a new good battery gonna cost me, jus the average price.

Makaveli_187
04-27-2005, 02:10 PM
another thing where can a good battery for a good price for a 2000 civic sir

BumpinTalon
04-27-2005, 02:27 PM
for a battery designed totally for car audio, it is $214 for a Stinger yellow top from soundsaround. that is about the average price, but even the better motomasters help (the big black ones).

Makaveli_187
04-27-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
for a battery designed totally for car audio, it is $214 for a Stinger yellow top from soundsaround. that is about the average price, but even the better motomasters help (the big black ones).

so this will basically replace the battery i have in there now, or will it jus be another extra battery?

BumpinTalon
04-28-2005, 09:41 AM
replace the one you have

npham
04-30-2005, 03:45 AM
Cmon, lets give the man the right advice. Get your alternator rewound or get a high output alternator. fix the problem at it's source and then upgrade the "middle-men."

There is also the Big 3 wire upgrade that you can do as well to get a little more current now and later if and when you decide to upgrade your electrical system.

theken
04-30-2005, 07:11 AM
optima yellow tops are like 170 at costco

BumpinTalon
04-30-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by npham
Cmon, lets give the man the right advice. Get your alternator rewound or get a high output alternator. fix the problem at it's source and then upgrade the "middle-men."

There is also the Big 3 wire upgrade that you can do as well to get a little more current now and later if and when you decide to upgrade your electrical system.

there is a lot of money involved in gettin a new alternator. a battery is usually good enough.. unless somebody tends to play their music at full volume, all the time.

SWX
05-04-2005, 07:56 PM
you will have to get if you dicide to get the optima you'll have to get the you for your car if honda is still doing the little battary in them.