PDA

View Full Version : best place for an oil change in Calgary?

danno567
04-28-2005, 02:05 PM
List em off and price.

thx

D

AsianCaucasian
04-28-2005, 02:06 PM
your own garage? oil change = easy.

danno567
04-28-2005, 02:10 PM
ok. lets really rephrase that so there is no cheekies.

"where is the best shop to get your oil changed?"

thanks!

Some people dont have a house and cant do car repairs at their units!

Weapon_R
04-28-2005, 02:10 PM
You can get a Mobil 1 change in your home in about 10 mins for around $35 :)

If you don't want to get dirty, take it anywhere. It's one nut and a filter. I can't think of a single place that isn't competant enough to do it!

ecstasy_civic
04-28-2005, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
You can get a Mobil 1 change in your home in about 10 mins for around $35 :)

If you don't want to get dirty, take it anywhere. It's one nut and a filter. I can't think of a single place that isn't competant enough to do it!

I can :burnout:

AllGoNoShow
04-28-2005, 02:24 PM
lol ecstasy.

Dude alot of people do oil changes at their apartments. All you need is either the drive on ramps or a jack and some jack stands, a filter, a wrench that fits your car's oil drain nut, and some new oil.

You can get the oil for probably $15, filter for $5-10ish, depending on vehicle your doing it for aswell.

hell you don't even need the ramps if u use your mind, drive the front wheels onto the edge of the parking stall, or curb or whatever you got, if your drain plug is somewhere behind the axles then you just crawl in from the side and you got more room, if it is infront of the axles, you could drive up on some 2x4's and get oen side higher up in the air, if u do that thought make sure u leave it in a gear and use the park brake and use some sort of stop for the wheels on the ground, 2 bricks on each side of the wheel or something.

phat97yukon
04-28-2005, 02:32 PM
I do mine out on the back street and i live in a APT.... Doin it on my truck it takes all of 15 mins to do, the joys of havin a ride i dont have to ramp or jack up.... while its draining crack a nice cold brew and enjoy that while gettin everything else ready... :poosie:

Phy
04-28-2005, 02:51 PM
If you have a friend with a driveway, ask if you can borrow it for an hour or so.

AsianCaucasian
04-28-2005, 02:55 PM
Sigh, I can't even do the oil change by myself on my car. Apparently theres a special bolt to undo that only Mazda service departments can handle.

heavyD
04-28-2005, 02:57 PM
I do my own in my garage. This way you can shop around for the best price oil you prefer and pick the brand of filter you want. DSM's can be tricky if you don't tighten the oil filter they can loosen and back out while you drive but if you go too tight you can crush the oil cooler. I like the piece of mind that I'm installing it over a high school drop out at Mr. Lube.

heavyD
04-28-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by AsianCaucasian
Sigh, I can't even do the oil change by myself on my car. Apparently theres a special bolt to undo that only Mazda service departments can handle.

Damn metric bolts.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

AsianCaucasian
04-28-2005, 03:01 PM
This is the crap I have to do if I want to change my own oil. Apparently, all hell breaks loose if I don't torque it to the specific requirements.
http://robert.aitchison.org/tiki-page.php?pageName=Mazda3+DIY+Oil+Change

heavyD
04-28-2005, 03:23 PM
This is the crap I have to do if I want to change my own oil. Apparently, all hell breaks loose if I don't torque it to the specific requirements.
http://robert.aitchison.org/tiki-page.php?pageName=Mazda3+DIY+Oil+Change

Fuck I thought you were kidding.:dunno: That looks worse than my brother's A4 1.8T with all the plastic you have to remove under the car. What's with all the plastic they are putting on and under engines these days anyway?

AsianCaucasian
04-28-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Fuck I thought you were kidding.:dunno: That looks worse than my brother's A4 1.8T with all the plastic you have to remove under the car. What's with all the plastic they are putting on and under engines these days anyway?

I know... I wish I still had my old turbo lebaron. I loved it when cars used to be less complicated. Forking out 60 bucks to mazda every 3 months is not cool.

VetteRacin
04-28-2005, 05:48 PM

I know... I wish I still had my old turbo lebaron. I loved it when cars used to be less complicated. Forking out 60 bucks to mazda every 3 months is not cool.

I thought that lood prety easy, you do not really need to take off the top engine cover, unless you want to check the spark plugs and what not

AsianCaucasian
04-28-2005, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by VetteRacin

I thought that lood prety easy, you do not really need to take off the top engine cover, unless you want to check the spark plugs and what not

Yes I know. The engine cover just pops off when you lift it. It's the bottom plastic underneath the car that's a bitch. Also, not many people have a hex socket and a torque wrench lying around.

Zero102
04-28-2005, 11:06 PM
Most half-decent shade tree mechanics should have a set of allen keys for their socket wrench, and a torque wrench....

Just thought I would say that.

Such an unusual way to do things, good ol' Mazda.

Phy
04-28-2005, 11:33 PM
You should see if you can rent a torque wrench from Crappy Tire, if it comes to that.

max_boost
04-29-2005, 12:05 AM
I just go to Mr. Lube. If there are no cars in the bay, oil change gets done in 15 mins. Perfect for busy people!

AllGoNoShow
04-29-2005, 12:19 AM
We've done a few mazda's, never torqued and never had an issue.

You should try conquering it one weekend when you got nothing else to do, see if it is as hard as everyone makes it seem.

yeerj
04-29-2005, 12:30 AM
I will never go back to a Mr Lube, Great Canadian Oil Change, etc again. Every time I take my car there they say that I have an engine leak.

I take my car home and all of a sudden I see that my car is leaking fluids (it never leaks before I get an oil change from these places). Therefore, I take it to the Acura dealership for them to have a look at and they tell me that the oil cap was not put on properly and that is what is leaking.

No joke, this has happened to me three times here in Calgary.

AsianCaucasian
04-29-2005, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
We've done a few mazda's, never torqued and never had an issue.

You should try conquering it one weekend when you got nothing else to do, see if it is as hard as everyone makes it seem.

A few guys on the Mazda3 forums tried it out. Two people fuxxored their engines hardcore when the bolt came flying out under heavy acceleration. I forget how it happened but I remember that the damage was pretty extensive. Mazda wouldn't replace their parts under warranty as they specifically tell you to bring it to the dealership for an oil change.

Xtrema
04-29-2005, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by heavyD

Cockblock all the DIY'ers

danno567
05-08-2005, 03:16 PM
topic went sideways a bit. any good places to recommend?

thx

d

lovjenn
07-22-2010, 12:16 PM
Didn't know there r rules here

kamakurakid
07-22-2010, 12:26 PM
Local dealer, same price and better service and they give appointments. Bad experiences at the Minute Lube, etc. Never again.

Zero102
07-22-2010, 01:13 PM
yay 5 year bump for spam

:facepalm:

Tomaz
07-22-2010, 01:26 PM
How the fuck does someone bump shit like this???

a 5 year reply? Jesus.

Ontopic: Stealership = free! :bigpimp:

dsr7723
07-22-2010, 02:05 PM
You got a dick? Change your own oil. It's the rules lol

lovjenn
07-22-2010, 03:15 PM
I just don't get it....please explain to me what's wrong with posting after so long?
I'm not trying to be defensive here....just wondering

n1zm0
07-22-2010, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by lovjenn
I just don't get it....please explain to me what's wrong with posting after so long?
I'm not trying to be defensive here....just wondering

its not real forum rule im sure, its just implied, 2-3-4-5 + y/o thread without a valid bump reason, you'll get yelled at lol

you obviously searched as far back as '05 for oil change places which is good that ppl actually use it, but usually you would get info from that or just make a new thread for your question.

pics of you with your car sometimes help the cause jenn

lovjenn
07-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Fair enough....I sure did get yelled at..they should delete this thread
Cos everything is old and u r not supposed to put anything new
Thx though

Rat Fink
07-22-2010, 06:00 PM

swak
07-22-2010, 06:04 PM
Its definitely easy enough to do on your own, but its a pain in the ass to get rid of the used oil.