PDA

View Full Version : Snapped my Achilles playing Volleyball

nookmumracing
04-28-2005, 02:58 PM
Completely ruptured it last thursday playing volleyball. Out for 6 weeks then rehab. The worst popping sound ever but it never hurt until i tried to walk on it. Any good car site, reading material, old school movie recommendations? Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Loungin at home for a bit......:cry:

ecstasy_civic
04-28-2005, 03:00 PM
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry: :eek:

good luck with the recovery man, my friend in high school snapped his achilles in one of our football games, had to have surgery.

finboy
04-28-2005, 03:04 PM
pics :rofl:

sorry to hear dude, that is going to be a shitty time to recover, maybe just jack a bunch of your friends car magazines, you can kill hours reading those.

mac_gurl
04-28-2005, 03:10 PM
Achilles injuries are bad! My family all has very bad achilles.
I wish you a speedy recovery. and no more problems down the road.

BumpinTalon
04-28-2005, 03:25 PM
haha I still have about 110 car magazines sittin in the trunk of my car :D I'll sell them to you for $20 haha

R-Audi
04-28-2005, 03:39 PM
My Dad just finished his two months with the casts (Walking and hard) after the same injury Its been about 3 months, and he still limps around.....whatever you do, dont push the time they suggest, you dont want this happening again! Have you had surgery already?

nookmumracing
04-28-2005, 03:53 PM
Happend Thursday, went into emergency, they told me I'm staying over and having surgery the next morning. T3 with Codene IBprophen has been my diet for the past week.......
I heard after it heals it strengthens it with extra scar tissue so it won't snap again....

CLiVE
04-28-2005, 04:31 PM
ouch, sorry to hear that man.

A coworker of mine did the same thing playing volleyball.

Hope you make a quick recovery!

autoBITCH
04-28-2005, 04:41 PM
aweee...ouch....
i pulled my achilles playing basketball one time and that was bad enough.... hopefully you get better soon!!!

as for entertainment..... beyond.ca?! hehe..

Kirbs17
04-28-2005, 04:58 PM
Shit man, that sucks. i remember that happened to be during a soccer game in 01 at provincials, I didnt fully rupture it, just about 85% tear. I was in physio for 5 months trying to get mobilty. still swells up to this day.

Go to rogers and walk down their old school movie seciton and just grab a handful of em :thumbsup:

core_upt
04-28-2005, 06:53 PM
best internet site ever...

http://www.clublez.com/movies/a_world_of_girls_kissing/

GQBalla
04-28-2005, 09:49 PM
oh no! feel bad for you how was the surgery?

ZorroAMG
04-28-2005, 11:54 PM
I was born with a short Achillies tendon and had an operation when I was 4 or 5 to lenthen it....I slacked on my physio as a kid (who the hell wouldn't at 5??) and through my youth and it's never been perfect (loss of mobility and flexibility). I also limp if I don't pay attention (heel toe stepping) and it sux, DO ALL THE PROPER EXCERCISES AND physio regime....trust me.

nookmumracing
04-30-2005, 09:14 AM
Thanks Zorro, surgery went well I guess. Doc said it was a compete rupture but he was able to put it back together. I was so knocked out when it all happened. Talking to the doc and then a minute later I'm waking up, drugged up. The nurses at Rocky View Hospital are awesome......Catered to my every need......Mad props to them:thumbsup: I find it hurt more after the surgery than before the surgery....Got a 100 pack of T3'swith codene:thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
04-30-2005, 10:19 AM
Shit Shuichi, glad to hear youre ok. Looks like you're going to be on Beyond quite a bit from now on. The young and dangerous series should keep you busy for a few days, Ive got the entire set let me know if you want to borrow.

tictactoe2004
04-30-2005, 10:20 AM
www.worldofwarcraft.com

:D
:thumbsup:

nookmumracing
04-30-2005, 02:11 PM
I've been going through the old school series like Indiana Jones, such a classis (Dr. Jones Dr. Jones!!!)
Initial D all over again too, can't get enoughof that...
Dragon Ball.....
Transformers......Old School.....
:thumbsup:

GQBalla
05-01-2005, 12:51 AM
go watch naruto!!!

kills lotsa time!

BerserkerCatSplat
05-01-2005, 01:06 AM
Shit, Achilles injuries are nuts. I remember a few years back when a guy on my hockey team got stepped on during a game while he was down on one knee in the corner, the skate severed his tendon completely. Nasty stuff! I hope ya get better soon, these kinds of injures are nothing to sneeze at.

I'd recommend picking a couple of series to watch ( I notice Dragonball and Naruto have been mentioned), I would probably go for Hellsing, and then watch Evangelion until I hate myself. ;)