PDA

View Full Version : RWD Choice of Car

jumperman8
04-29-2005, 10:34 AM
I was at speed tech the other day, and when i pulled up i couldnt help but notice all the cars there were RWD. There was 240's and Silvias. Is this becasue of Drifting becomeing so popular in Calgary now? Is a RWD the choice of car because its best for getting sideways? Just curious about choices, and its not jsut speed tech ive seen them, i have seen more RWD this year then i haave in the past, maybe jstu cause i notice them more or something.

EK 2.0
04-29-2005, 10:39 AM
that's weird cause when I was at STRD last...there was still a TON of FWD Honda's parked out front too...

Yes drifiting has caught on big time, but I seriously dont think there has been an increase of the number of cars you see...I think you just are noticing more of them...

case in point...my good friend picked up a BMW recently...and now I see them everywhere...but they were always there you just spot them more now cause you are "looking" for them...

QuasarCav
04-29-2005, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
that's weird cause when I was at STRD last...there was still a TON of FWD Honda's parked out front too...

Yes drifiting has caught on big time, but I seriously dont think there has been an increase of the number of cars you see...I think you just are noticing more of them...

case in point...my good friend picked up a BMW recently...and now I see them everywhere...but they were always there you just spot them more now cause you are "looking" for them...

EK has the right idea, When I was looking for a G2 it seemed like every other car was a 90-93 integra. It's like they come out of the woodwork when you are thinking about them.

RWD is also a better platform for high powered vehicles. You dont have to steer/brake/accelerate with the same wheels.

youngbex
04-29-2005, 11:02 AM
RWD is the way to go

joegrang
04-29-2005, 01:09 PM
There is a study circulating out there that indicates that the handling around corners is the real strong point in a rwd car... There is a big difference in that when going into turns, I rarely hit the brakes in a rwd but I find I have to feather the brake and the feeling is not the same mashing the gas coming out of a turn in a fwd and rwd car

jumperman8
04-29-2005, 05:57 PM
^^ makes sence