PDA

View Full Version : Watch W-Five Saturday

Nalgene
04-29-2005, 10:38 AM
Anyone looking to buy a new car should watch W-Five at 7pm (Calgary time).

APA - On Saturday, April 30, W-FIVE undercover investigation of used car sales across Canada. This year's investigation of used car sales practices is the most comprehensive survey of its kind.
By far the most cars sold in Canada are used vehicles, and if there's one person who's regularly the butt of jokes, it's the used car salesperson. But what's the reality? For the eighth straight season W-FIVE has teamed up with the APA (Automobile Protection Association) to look at the auto industry. This year's investigation of used car sales practices is the most comprehensive survey of its kind. APA's secret shoppers visited more car lots and inspected more used vehicles than anyone ever has in Canada, and they were followed by W-FIVE's hidden cameras. What the APA found and W-FIVE reports may make consumers think carefully before buying their next used vehicle.

I know I will be watching this since I am going to be buying a used car soon. Just a heads up. :thumbsup:

QuasarCav
04-29-2005, 10:43 AM
I already assume that all used dealers are crap, with or without some reports.

They will tell you what you already know and the same type of people will continue to get screwed.

Thanks for the heads up though, I love the look on the salesmens face when someone calls them on blatently lying.

kaput
04-29-2005, 10:47 AM

Nalgene
04-29-2005, 11:50 AM
Yeah probably you gus are right. And usually they look at Toronto area dealerships. :banghead:

Xtrema
04-29-2005, 02:20 PM
Salemen are all crooks. It's a requirement by the business. If you don't know how to lie, you won't last very long in this line of work.

Every year is the same thing but also love to see the dealers get owned.

WWJAI
04-29-2005, 07:46 PM
the guy was on a talkshow talking a little about this show tmrw and he said calgary has better used car dealerships...while vancouver and toronto have the worst