PDA

View Full Version : Help with meals??

BMWboi2004
04-29-2005, 11:42 AM
Hey guys,

I see that there are a lot of fitness buffs on here, so could someone help me with a little meal planning, utilizing my limitations. A little about me, I work out between four to five times a week (looking to drop pounds and get bigger muscle-wise). I wanna lose another 5-10 pounds, I have slow metabolism. Alergies: Most soft skinned fruit (ie. apples), and almonds. Foods that don't agree with me: All fish and seafood (just can't tolerate it), breads (really upset my system), a lot of vegetables I can't tolerate the taste of such as cauliflower, broccoli, spinach, eggplant, sweet potatos, brussel sprouts (basically all the ones that are supposed to be the best for you, ugh). I am looking for quick and easy as I am a very busy person, supplements perhaps, and things that will work with my metabolism rate. Oh yea, I drink tonnes of water! Trying to eat healthy is something I work on, but not always successful with. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

TrevorK
05-03-2005, 11:16 AM
Just because you're busy doesn't mean you can't eat a real meal (NOT from a powder) for most of the day.

I work 8am - 12am and I manage to fit in 6 meals - 3 of chicken/peas (Peas are very good for you, and aren't in your hate list) and 2 of peanut butter/whole wheat bread. My breakfast consists of a protein shake (With EFA's/milk/protein).

Go with chicken, low in fat, easy to cook, tastes great. Mix in a green vegetable (peas, string beans, etc...) with it. Use that for at least a couple meals.

canuckmuscle
05-03-2005, 12:24 PM
sucks about not liking fish.
fish is heaven man, and its so good for you

but yeah, go with chicken. when i'm on the go i just cut up a breast and broil it the night before. then just put it in a ziploc, and voila, chicken breast on the go!

~Leah~
05-03-2005, 12:27 PM
mmmmm chicken and brown rice and peas... sooooo gooooood *drool*

BMWboi2004
05-03-2005, 02:38 PM
thanks for the tips peeps, really appreciate it!! peanut butter huh? I love peanut butter but always thought it was way too fattening, however, have heard quite a few people mention it. I will certainly be taking all of your advice and thanks again, totally!

Tyler883
05-03-2005, 03:12 PM
peanut butter is a good fat, but you start to get too much of it if you have more that 1.5 tablespoons in a meal

TrevorK
05-04-2005, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Tyler883
peanut butter is a good fat, but you start to get too much of it if you have more that 1.5 tablespoons in a meal

Natural peanut butter is pure good fats. Not as tasty though....And you have to keep it in the fridge, and mix it because the oil seperates....

Normal (The stuff you typically buy) has some unhealthy fats in it. I personally buy the "light" stuff, which has only 1g of saturated fat per tablespoon, and still has some healthy fats. Have it with some nice 12 grain bread (that has had flax oil added to it for extra EFAs) and it's a healthy snack.

And who doesn't like peanut butter?

canuckmuscle
05-04-2005, 09:03 AM
flax seed oil is the shiznit when it comes to fats it seems, as well as omega-3 (from fish or the special eggs).

davidI
05-07-2005, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by canuckmuscle
flax seed oil is the shiznit when it comes to fats it seems, as well as omega-3 (from fish or the special eggs).

Fish oil is better than Flax but I learned that after just ordering a litre of flax lol.

Tyler883
05-07-2005, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by davidI

Fish oil is better than Flax but I learned that after just ordering a litre of flax lol.

True but can you really be sure that those fish oil are coming from uncontaminated waters?

davidI
05-07-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Tyler883

True but can you really be sure that those fish oil are coming from uncontaminated waters?

From what I heard there are some brands that only use farmed fish so they are low in mercury and what not....but I haven't really looked into it since I've got a years supply of flax oil and flax seed! I'm back into downing a couple cans of tuna a day again as well so I don't need fish oil as much as others might.