PDA

View Full Version : how to install underglow

CreepNCherry559
04-29-2005, 08:41 PM
I have a blue led underglow kit for my ride and need help on how to wire it. It has 2 wire hook up RED 4 power and BLACK 4 ground w/ built in transformers.

5hift
04-29-2005, 08:45 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

illeagle
04-29-2005, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Khali
Great .... Neons with underglow, thats just what Calgary needs more of

:thumbsdow

whoa...guy asks for help not a kick while he's down...

how many wires are there? what colors?

BlkMaxima
04-30-2005, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Khali
Great .... Neons with underglow, thats just what Calgary needs more of

:thumbsdow

He doesn't live in Calgary

Toms-SC
04-30-2005, 12:56 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Weapon_R
04-30-2005, 01:02 AM
If it's a simple 2-wire hookup, it's very easy to install.

All you need to do is mount the underglow the way you like, and run the black wire to a bare metal surface and ground it.

Run the power wire to the fuse box and wrap a part of the exposed power wire around the tooth of a fuse like your headlight fuse. Once you turn your headlights on, the neon should come on at the same time.

sullygully
04-30-2005, 04:52 PM
A neon is probably the most apropriate car to have underglow on with the name and all.

Anyways, we need some more info here. Did your kit come with a switch as well? I hope it did, if not, you should go to walmart and buy a 5 dollar switch for it. That way you have a little control over it.

Once you get the switch(unless you already have one), just hook the postive wire from the lights to the switch, run another wire with an inline fuse back from the swtich to a power source.

I recommend doing what weaponR said, but I would wrap it around the sunroof fuse located in the dash fuse panel. That way if you forget to turn your leds off when you leave the car, you wont risk running your battery dry, because they would loose its power once you take the keys out.

You will also have control over when you want them on or not, because you don't want to be caught with them on while driving, thats probably a $100 fine at least.

Then just take one of the screws out of your fuse panel, wrap the ground wire around it, and screw it back in, and that should ground it good enough.