PDA

View Full Version : What would you rather get?

5hift
04-29-2005, 09:04 PM
I had been saving the whole winter to start doing some serious mods to my car this spring. However, recently I've also developed quite a interest in racing bikes, and now I'm not sure what to get. I just was wondering what most beyonders would have if they had the choice:

Would you rather put the money into a 00 Prelude SH or buy something like a newer cbr/r6?

e_racer
04-29-2005, 09:06 PM
prelude but if you want something for the summer then get the r6

Weapon_R
04-29-2005, 09:08 PM
I'd rather have both personally. A bike can be sold later to recover some of the original investment, while mods probably won't.

Besides, you'd have your need for speed taken care of, and you'd still have reliable transportation for the winter months.

pimpstang
04-29-2005, 09:09 PM
id go with the lude!!

civicrider187
04-29-2005, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by pimpstang
id go with the lude!!

Agreed, the lude you can enjoy all year round

Weapon_R
04-29-2005, 09:30 PM
I don't think he's planning to sell the lude. He's asking if modding the lude is preferable to using that money on buying a bike.

BlkMaxima
04-30-2005, 12:48 AM
If you mod the shit out of your car you are going to need something for winter anyways. The bike will be more fun in the summer than modded prelude anyways!:thumbsup:

lancer04
04-30-2005, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
I'd rather have both personally. A bike can be sold later to recover some of the original investment, while mods probably won't.

Besides, you'd have your need for speed taken care of, and you'd still have reliable transportation for the winter months.

thats a very good point

I like bikes too I would get a bike to cruise in summer (note that the insurance is cheaper too :D)

Phy
05-01-2005, 03:07 AM
If you're gonna race bikes, get something that you're not gonna kick yourself if you drop, and something weak-ass that's going to teach you how to get every inch of performance you can out of it.

statick
05-01-2005, 10:04 AM
i agree with what weaponR is saying about having a bike for summer, and unmodded car for winter.

however if it was me, i'd personally dump the money into the prelude (i'm not that big a fan of bikes;) ). And do you plan on modding the the prelude so damm much that you cant drive it in winter?

btw, how much are you spending, and what are your plans for it, if you do spend the money on the prelude?

90Tegra
05-01-2005, 10:23 AM
how bout u leave ur prelude stock and with the saved up money buy ur self a bike.

VIP_style
05-01-2005, 10:37 AM
Buy the bike, then get a beater for the winter. Nothing is more fun than a fast bike in the summer- cars don't even compare.

5hift
05-01-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by statick
i agree with what weaponR is saying about having a bike for summer, and unmodded car for winter.

however if it was me, i'd personally dump the money into the prelude (i'm not that big a fan of bikes;) ). And do you plan on modding the the prelude so damm much that you cant drive it in winter?

btw, how much are you spending, and what are your plans for it, if you do spend the money on the prelude?

Yeah I never thought of it like WeaponR did on how if I get a bike I can always reclaim some of the money back by selling it whereas if I mod my car I'll never get the money back. I have wanted a bike for a while and if Calgary didnt have such shitty weather I probably would have already bought one. That seems to be the biggest hurdle as I dont want to have the bike stuck in my garage teasing me for 90% of the year.

If I did mod the prelude, I would still drive it in the winter as its my only car and i hate the idea of a old winter beater. My Dad has an extra car and I was just planning on using that on the really bad winter days. I've driven the prelude this whole winter and I've never had any problems, even though I live outside of the city and drive on crappy country roads regularily. If you put on winter tires and drive smart, a low fwd car isnt a problem in winter.

My plans for the prelude are a full body kit, cf hood, suspension, exhaust/intake, and maybe get rid of the 18's for some better looking 19's. I have about 10 g's ready to drop in it for the time being if i dont get the bike. I know thats not enough for all the mods but it should get the major ones done. If I get the bike I'll probably only be able to afford to do the suspension this year.

Thats about it, if any one has any good ideas of mods to do to the prelude, or know of mods prelude owners always make that they hate or that are overdone let me know. I think I have a good original non rice idea for my prelude but im welcome to any suggestions or ideas.

statick
05-01-2005, 11:02 AM
for 10 g's, i would imagine you could get a nice forced induction setup going.

5hift
05-01-2005, 11:23 AM
Lol it seems everyone on beyond is obessed with having a turbo setup in their car. While I would love to have this in my car, Im not sure if spending 10 g's on modding just the engine makes sense. I could be wrong, but I was under the impression a good turbo set up was a lot less than 10 g's. If this is how much a good set up costs how the hell do so many beyonders afford to do it?

statick
05-01-2005, 11:28 AM
sorry, should have been more detailed...for less than 10 g's , you should quite easily be able to get a nice forced induction setup going.

you should have money left over for some esthetics.

d-UNiT
05-01-2005, 11:30 AM
you could get it done for less but you wont have a new set up and weapon correct me if im wrong but a used turbo setup could blow at anytime.. you dont know its history so its a lotsafer to get a new setup, but if you are doing anything to the prelude just dont get altezzas!,.. bahaha maybe some hid bulbs at least, i dont know

iceburns288
05-01-2005, 11:41 AM
I'd think a reasonable turbo setup could be 4-6 grand, leaving you with plenty of money for the kit you want plus some rims too maybe.

5hift
05-01-2005, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by d-UNiT
if you are doing anything to the prelude just dont get altezzas!,.. bahaha maybe some hid bulbs at least, i dont know

Yeah dont worry I hate altezzas in general let alone on a prelude. For ideas I was talkin more about colors for the paint job, types of rims that would look good on a lude, good lookin body kits etc.

k_dawg
05-01-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

I agree 100%. If you mod your car, You probably not gonna wanna drive it out in the winter so you'll end up getting something that isn't too expensive and then you will have to factor the fact that it might have problems in the cold(if it is a shitbeater), wheres if you get a bike you'll still have a car in the winter that will run good for you. Just my opinion. Good luck with the decision.