PDA

View Full Version : Tirerack?

Boostn
04-29-2005, 11:44 PM
Has anyone purchased any tires from Tirerack in the US before? They seem to have some pretty good deals on certain brands. However after factoring shipping duty, exchange, taxes etc. I wonder if it'll end up costing more than buying locally... Also what type of brokerage fees would those bastards at UPS charge for 4 tires? Then there's the possible warranty hassles as well. Just curious because places like Mytires and Tiretrends have decent pricing but not sure if tirerack would still be cheaper?

Weapon_R
04-30-2005, 12:13 AM
For all the reasons you outlined above, buy local

Toms-SC
04-30-2005, 12:46 AM
Bought plenty of stuff from them no problem. Duties and stuff will rape you.

infected
04-30-2005, 01:22 AM
Got a couple sets from them, very good quality and service "sometimes"

Had a set where 2 were scratched and the other two lost

But other then that they're pretty good.

Freebs
04-30-2005, 01:24 AM
I have found that if i get the prices of every thing from tirerack and then go down to crowfoot and go to tire craft, the guys price there is like with in $50 of tireracks... pluse if any thing happends its local.

CalgarySupra
04-30-2005, 11:41 PM
well i order from tirerack and insit that UPS isnt accepted they will use fedex. for some "strange"reason fedex doesnt charge thosefees. taxes are normal but not broker fees are usually mostly UPS.

BlackArcher101
04-30-2005, 11:45 PM
Buy local, what happens when you get a flat or need to replace it under warranty? Can't just visit your local kal-tire and get it fixed for free can you.

Z_Fan
04-30-2005, 11:52 PM
Tirerack is great IF you are buying the more expensive tires.

I phoned locally for my rears tires and got prices of $750 per tire. $550 for fronts. Even the OE tires on the 350z were very expensive. Can't remember exactly but I think they were about $600+ a piece. Maybe it was more...it was last year and I forget! I found if you have need of tires that are going to run you 2k-3k for the set, then Tirerack is a great way to save a couple hundred bucks even after the exchange and all other related fees.

The less expensive tires don't make sense to buy via Tirerack because of shipping, duty, etc. etc. etc. The initial purchase price is just too low to matter. Like, if your tires are only a couple hundred bucks per unit, you're better of buying locally.

I've bought several sets of tires as well as wheel/tire combinations from Tirerack and have always saved hundreds of dollars (after taxes, duty, etc) over my local quotes.