PDA

View Full Version : FS: Audio Research Speaker Towers (Old)

Big Tom
04-30-2005, 11:24 AM
I could've swore I posted these for sale on here... but I can't find the page anymore so whatever I'll post it again, I think I violated some of the forum rules heh :D

I've had these speakers for a few years now, they sound actually really good. And anyone who knows the company Audio Research knows what kindof quality these were made of back in the day. Hell, go check out ebay sometime and see what kindof products they still put out... very nice gear.

Thing is I've moved now 4x since I've been here in Calgary and I'm simply sick of moving them! I'm going to be downsizing to something a little more managable.

They would make great speakers for someone wanting them in a garage, cabin, or even a student who wants some cheap good sounding speakers to play with. The 15" towers are missing one of the covers, and I also noticed one of the 12" woofers has a 3/4" or so tear in the souround, so either needs to be patched up or reconed. The 15" woofers just recently have been reconed and everything works great. These work well as a set since they are 8ohms each I used to run them in parallel with the 12" box stacked ontop of the 15" box. The 12" towers are rated for 60RMS and the 15" 100RMS

Any questions let me know

http://www.saskjbody.org/iB_sjc/uploads/post-6-29595-100_2313.jpg

I was originally asking $100obo but when I was hauling them upstairs I took a look at the other 12" woofer and it also has a small tear in the souround. So screw it, $50 takes them all! Thats cheaper then what it cost for me to get the 15" subs fixed with new sourounds and dustcaps.