PDA

View Full Version : Custom fitted dress shirts, a good place to buy?

nit78
05-01-2005, 01:44 AM
Can anyone suggest a good place to have custom fitted dress shirts made. Maybe a business or taylor that does not charge an arm and a leg.

BlueGoblin
05-01-2005, 02:36 AM
I had a mess of shirts tailor made when I was in Thailand - ended costing only about $25 each for fantastic egyptian cotton. Sigh - try getting such half that deal deal here...

There are a bunch of tailors that will custom do shirts - as for price though, I don't know. I remember hearing that Leno's on MacLeod were doing dress shirts for about $75, but that was a couple years ago.

Land's End ( www.landsend.com )will custom tailor shirts with an online order service; of course you have to make sure you get measured properly. They run about $50USD to $180USD plus shipping, Tax, etc. They also custom make chinos and jeans.

Good luck. I love having fitted tailor made clothes done. Its one of those few luxuries in life that cost in the hundreds but make you feel like a million.

ronaldo
05-03-2005, 02:26 PM
i have a friend who makes custom fitted dress shirts...u get to pick style, material, colour n everything. Price is reasonable, about $50-$60 or so. awsome shirts. pm me if ure interested

itsnotaDUB
05-03-2005, 04:44 PM
try Giovanni's on 17th and 37th sw. he does all my suits.. very close family friend... decent pricing but the best quality