PDA

View Full Version : Saturn SC2

Lilac Wine
05-01-2005, 01:41 PM
Does anyone own/know anyone who owns a saturn? I am interested in a Saturn SC2.

freakin
05-02-2005, 11:04 AM
I just sold my sister's 99 SC2 on thursday. Not a bad car at all for what she needed it for. I don't think I'd choose it as a platform to modify though.

Lilac Wine
05-02-2005, 03:06 PM
well i'm just looking for a car thats under $10,000. So that leaves Saturns, Cavaliers, or Sunfires pretty much. My original choice was a cavalier but this Saturn sounds really nice. How much did you get for yours?
I think it would be good for me... i'm just a 21/f. Were getting parts ever a problem? RIght now I am living in Kamloops and we have a saturn dealership so I think it would be okay.

freakin
05-02-2005, 03:15 PM
we got $7,000 for hers, but she got robbed as far as I was concerned. It still looked new when it was sold, but she was leaving town and wanted to get rid of it before she left, so we weren't left with many options. You should easily be able to find one under 100,000KM in that price range. Hers had 55,000 on it and the only thing she ever replaced on it was the windsheild and tires. Pretty solid car in my opinion, but then again, it didn't have that many KM's on it. Parts shouldn't be a problem seeing as how it's a GM car. I think it's the same chasis as the Cavaliers and Sunfires in fact.....but I'm not 100% on that though.

Have you looked in to an older Honda or Toyota? Those would be in your price range as well and much more reliable in my opinion.

djayz
05-02-2005, 03:19 PM
ive heard saturns have very pricey parts and are difficult to find even though they are gm cars

if anything i would say go for a used cavalier or sunfire...itll be half the price and parts should in no way be a problem since theres so many cavs and sunfires around that are serviced regularly.

if you want something a little more reliable you can proly find a civic or corolla around 10000. but really if you want to save money buy a cav or sunfire...you can find a 2000 for around 6-7grand and if anything goes wrong down the road you can use that 3000 to repair it.

QuasarCav
05-02-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by freakin
we got $7,000 for hers, but she got robbed as far as I was concerned. It still looked new when it was sold, but she was leaving town and wanted to get rid of it before she left, so we weren't left with many options. You should easily be able to find one under 100,000KM in that price range. Hers had 55,000 on it and the only thing she ever replaced on it was the windsheild and tires. Pretty solid car in my opinion, but then again, it didn't have that many KM's on it. Parts shouldn't be a problem seeing as how it's a GM car. I think it's the same chasis as the Cavaliers and Sunfires in fact.....but I'm not 100% on that though.

Have you looked in to an older Honda or Toyota? Those would be in your price range as well and much more reliable in my opinion.

Nope, Different chassis and engines. J-body's dont share anything with saturns. Saurn uses the 1.9 SOHC/DOHC engines.

I agree with moonracer, Cavaliers and sunfires are not the only car that you can buy with 10K. What about an older Civic or Integra?

habsfan
05-02-2005, 03:22 PM
talk to 403Gemini on the board, he's a proud SC2 owner :D

GTS Jeff
05-02-2005, 03:39 PM
What I don't get is why people consider how much a car costs initially, because that really doesn't matter when you sell the car. What matters is resale value, as in, how much money you can afford to lose. It makes more sense to buy an older $10,000 car (ie. Civic) knowing that it'll be worth $9000 after a couple years, rather than buying a newer $10,000 car (ie. Jbody) that'll be worth $3000 after a couple years.

Dum Dum.