PDA

View Full Version : Higher risk?

Lo)2enz0
05-01-2005, 01:43 PM
Ok, every since I brought my 240sx back out I have had WAY to many close calls with SUV's almost side swipping me. Last year I didn't have the problem but a week before I put it to sleep I put my coilovers on and now I think SUV's can't see me at all when they shoulder check. I never had a problem in the past 8 months with my golf.

but does anyone else have this problem with a lowered car?

vcteggy
05-01-2005, 01:47 PM
pfffft people in calgary don't shoulder check at all, it doesn't matter what your driving poeple will always try to merge/change lanes into you

Chandler_Racing
05-01-2005, 01:49 PM
If you set up your mirrors properly in the majority of cars their is no reason to shoulder check.

5hift
05-01-2005, 01:51 PM
^^^

Yeah I agree, you can drive a 40 ft bright yellow school bus and someone will still find a way to put you in their blind spot and hit you.

Lowered car or not, ur gonna have to look out not just for yourself but for the other cars on the road, because chances are they sure as hell wont.

vcteggy
05-01-2005, 01:55 PM
when im on a two lane or more road i make sure that I'm not in their blind spot because getting sideswipped is not the next mod I'm planning

Lo)2enz0
05-01-2005, 02:02 PM
i got rid of my sparco sprint because I couldn't shoulder check with it, same with my harness's. I don't know, ever since I drove my slow ass golf I am more responsible, plus I used to drift around any given corner, now I just don't see the point. It all has to do with driving properly cause there is a reason why you shoulder check, to see if anyone is in your blind spots and thats why you don't rely just your mirrors.

danno
05-01-2005, 02:02 PM
there's always a reason to shoulder check. once you hit someone because you didn't shoulder check you'll think twice.
i think it's drivers are just to lazy to check if they can switch lanes or not, i wouldn't say it's because of a lowered car

Honda_002
05-01-2005, 02:08 PM
if you want to solve your problem you should sell your car to me:D

PrezeS_PL
05-01-2005, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
Ok, every since I brought my 240sx back out I have had WAY to many close calls with SUV's almost side swipping me. Last year I didn't have the problem but a week before I put it to sleep I put my coilovers on and now I think SUV's can't see me at all when they shoulder check. I never had a problem in the past 8 months with my golf.

but does anyone else have this problem with a lowered car?

I'm sure thats the coilovers :D :D :D

How much did you lower the car 2" or 5' , stop kiding you'r self.
That's just Calgary, ppl would did that to you even if you drive monster truck :banghead: , you just never notice this before.

Lo)2enz0
05-01-2005, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by PrezeS_PL

I'm sure thats the coilovers :D :D :D

How much did you lower the car 2" or 5' , stop kiding you'r self.
That's just Calgary, ppl would did that to you even if you drive monster truck :banghead: , you just never notice this before.

its only 2' lower than stock, and No i never noticed this before and its wierd how I have almost been side swipped more than once when I started to drive my 240, seriously my golf was a big white bubble on wheels and it never happened in that car

PrezeS_PL
05-01-2005, 02:21 PM
You think if you raise the car up it would not happend to you anymore ?
:rolleyes: