PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Grill Shawnessy

eb0i
05-01-2005, 01:50 PM
My girlfriend and I decided to go to Phoenix Grill in Shawnessy for Supper this past Wednesday. We went in and were seated by a hostess who was acting pretty awkward. Awkward because it took her a long time to decide where to seat us. Then she finally seats us and gives us our menus.

We look through it and eventually decide what we want for dinner. At this time the waiter/waitress has not come for our drink order yet so we thought that was odd (approx wait so far has been about 5-10 minutes). We waited about another 5 minutes and watched as another couple was seated and waited no longer than 1 minute until the waitress came to their table for their drink order. We had two waitresses walk by our table without even a second look. So we were pretty pissed and walked up and left the restaurant. As we left we walked by the hostess and 3 other waitresses standing at the door. They looked at us and didn't say anything.

Talk about bad service! :thumbsdow

I would not recommend going there due to my experience but also when looking at the menu it was very small and very limited in choices. Even if I had good service/experience my first time there I would probably not go back again due to the limited menu.

HuMz
05-01-2005, 02:50 PM
they've only been open for a week, ive been in the openings of a few restaraunts and i wouldn't say its really fair to judge them for at least a month until things start to operate more smoothly.......the guys from earls are running it though so im sure they will be able to work out alot of the problems

GTS Jeff
05-01-2005, 03:21 PM
The food is bland too. Looks nice, but completely bland.

eb0i
05-01-2005, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by HuMz
they've only been open for a week, ive been in the openings of a few restaraunts and i wouldn't say its really fair to judge them for at least a month until things start to operate more smoothly.......the guys from earls are running it though so im sure they will be able to work out alot of the problems

I didn't know they were just open. But still the service or lack of service didn't impress me much. I'd understand slow service or service that isn't overly organized in an opening of a restaurant, but for none at all is ridiculous.

k_dawg
05-02-2005, 01:08 AM
My friend and his girlfriend told me about this place and they too said that the menu was very small and nothing too eye catching at all. They said the waiters were not very organized and took alot of time to place their order.

A790
05-04-2005, 02:32 AM
When my mother opened her restaurant there were definately kinks that needed to be worked out. It all comes with experience. Go back there in a year from now and I guarantee the experience will be 100% different.