PDA

View Full Version : Lost Ipod....pleeez Help!!!

formerPIMP
05-01-2005, 04:44 PM
:banghead: :( :confused: :banghead: :( :confused: :banghead: :( :confused:

someone...please help me....i'm absolutely desperate.

my ipod is lost. i lent it to a friend, and on friday, april 22 he said he lost it. my baby is a green colored mini, holds 6GB of songs, and its id is JQ51477AS48.

and on top of all that, it had a 3 year warranty plan, which now makes me regret it even more that i've lost it, and it was also my 17th birthday present.

if found, please contact me at my cell 829-9994.

any help would be VERY GREATLY appreciated.

thanks sooooo much,

formerPIMP

finboy
05-01-2005, 04:45 PM
sounds like your buddy is buying you a new ipod :thumbsup:

formerPIMP
05-01-2005, 04:46 PM
well....he told me that if he cant find it, then he'll give me money for a new one, but i dunno if i should take his word for it, and besides, who knows if it got sold/pawned/etc?

GoChris
05-01-2005, 04:47 PM
ya no shit, get him to buy you a new one for sure.

formerPIMP
05-01-2005, 04:49 PM
you think i can go to future shop (where i bought it) and show them the receipt and everything and maybe i could convince them to give me a new one? i mean, i have the package and everything. its just the ipod and the headphones (original, white bud) that are missing though.

;)

FiveFreshFish
05-01-2005, 04:54 PM
Your buddy owes you a new one with the extended warranty. Hope you have all your songs backed up on your PC.

If it was bought with a Visa or other credit card that has some kind of buyer's protection plan, the credit card company will replace it.

brav85
05-01-2005, 04:55 PM
sounds like your screwed, future shop warrenties are for repair and tades on the unit if you dont have the unit they wont do anything. Next time dont lend shit to your firends unless they pay for it first, thats the method i use and i have never lost anything i lent to a friend cuz no one ever askes me.

eclipseqt
05-01-2005, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by formerPIMP
you think i can go to future shop (where i bought it) and show them the receipt and everything and maybe i could convince them to give me a new one? i mean, i have the package and everything. its just the ipod and the headphones (original, white bud) that are missing though.

;)

I wouldn't think so! If they accepted that I could get free stuff

LudeRoca
05-01-2005, 05:35 PM
theres no way in hell the would accept that. i work at best buy and if someone asked me i would laugh.

djayz
05-01-2005, 05:45 PM
get your friend to pay for that...how could he just loose something like that

and make him stick to his word if he says hes gonna pay you back for it...

FiveFreshFish
05-01-2005, 06:29 PM
A true friend would insist on buying you a new one if he can't find the original.

vcteggy
05-01-2005, 06:34 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^

:werd:

lesson today: don't give your stuff to other people

69cougar
05-01-2005, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by formerPIMP

;)

:rofl: :rofl: :banghead: :rofl: :rofl:

The people at FS would be like :whocares:

Xtrema
05-01-2005, 08:47 PM
If you bought it with credit card, chances are you card covers with lost/damage insurance. Check you card agreement and make sure you're covered. Have you friend pay you back in cash, and claim your lost.

ka-ching! New Ipod + cash!

GTS Jeff
05-01-2005, 08:51 PM
You need new friends.

D'z Nutz
05-01-2005, 08:53 PM
Where did he lose it? Go see if it was turned in anywhere in the area (ie: security, lost and found). You might be surprised. There are still good people out there who turn things in, regardless of how valuable it is. ;)

EK 2.0
05-01-2005, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
Where did he lose it? Go see if it was turned in anywhere in the area (ie: security, lost and found). You might be surprised. There are still good people out there who turn things in, regardless of how valuable it is. ;)

did you by any chance recently turn in an IPOD??;)

GQBalla
05-01-2005, 09:24 PM
well get your friend to get you a new ipod

turbotrip
05-01-2005, 10:24 PM
the problem is that they arent really great friends, and the guy he lent it to has "lost" many things belonging to diffent people

Team_Mclaren
05-01-2005, 10:34 PM
slap.... why would you lent something so valuable to you to someone that you barely know...:confused:

codo
05-01-2005, 11:18 PM
hahaha looks like your 'friend' just got himself a nice new ipod that was quite the gift you gave him.;)

vcteggy
05-01-2005, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by turbotrip
the problem is that they arent really great friends, and the guy he lent it to has "lost" many things belonging to diffent people

so you lent your ipod to a sketchy person good job :thumbsup:

codo
05-01-2005, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by vcteggy

so you lent your ipod to a sketchy person good job :thumbsup:

this reminds me of the time i lent my stupid dog to an untrustworthy friend who steals things and i was hoping he would steal my dog as well..... life just dosnt go the way you planned it i guess.

energystylez112
05-01-2005, 11:43 PM
wow from reading peoples comments hes asking for help NOT
comments or tips on lending it out, or why he lent it out stuff liek that.

Read title lost ipod...PLEASE HELP!

it does not say "please bashed me with your coments on how stupid i am for lending it out" it asks you guys to help him out NOT bash on the poor fellow. and yah we make mistakes and we learn from it. maybe you people out ther ewho loves bashing on people would learn from this. then agian i dont think so

codo
05-01-2005, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by energystylez112
wow from reading peoples comments hes asking for help NOT
comments or tips on lending it out, or why he lent it out stuff liek that.

Read title lost ipod...PLEASE HELP!

it does not say "please bashed me with your coments on how stupid i am for lending it out" it asks you guys to help him out NOT bash on the poor fellow. and yah we make mistakes and we learn from it. maybe you people out ther ewho loves bashing on people would learn from this. then agian i dont think so

hey you're right, can someone change the thread title?

turbotrip
05-02-2005, 12:05 AM
hah formerPIMP didnt know the guy was shady when he lent it out to him he knew him through a couple of classes and the guy asked to borrow it so he lent it to him for a day, if he knew the guy was sketchy he certainly woulndnt have lent it to him
hes not looking for criticism hes looking for help

Drew
05-02-2005, 12:15 AM
Heres what you do, give him a deadline to pay you by because thats bullshit. straight up if he doesn't return you the value of what you lent him, he stole from you and there are many ways to deal with that depending on your personal take on things. Obviously you've learn't your lesson but you need to be proactive and not sit on your ass. Hound the fuck out of him, and i mean call the bastard 24/7. Trust me, people don't like having people hunt them down, fact is you don't just lose a fucking ipod. Anyone whos even touched one knows there value, and thats what i think is your problem, this guy loved it too much. Check and see if anyone else has seen him with it etc. But seriously, keep on his ass or time will slip away

69cougar
05-02-2005, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by codo

hey you're right, can someone change the thread title?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Neil4Speed
05-02-2005, 08:32 AM
I wonder who this guy is, so maybe I can keep an eye from him.

If all doesn't work:

Another way is to say that you will go to small claims court if you don't get that money, and that you will get your cousin/or something (a lawyer) to represent you.

ronaldo
05-04-2005, 08:46 AM
good luck trying to get it back

tulit
05-04-2005, 09:05 AM
If you bought it with credit card, chances are you card covers with lost/damage insurance

These policies never cover mysterious disappearances.

Mr. Burns
05-04-2005, 09:10 AM
Keep hounding him until you are fully compensated... or just get some goons to push him around.

codo
05-04-2005, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by tulit

These policies never cover mysterious disappearances.

our monitor got stolen outta our truck and we got reimbursed with a new one. But i think for that to work you have to report it stolen at the time of the incident.

Celica TVS3
05-04-2005, 09:38 AM
If you're credit card will cover it if the item is stolen. Then report it stolen. Say, you lent it to this guy and now he won't return it / stole it. For all you know the excuse that he lost it is just a lie.

eb0i
05-04-2005, 10:30 AM
Can something like this be taken to small claims court? If so I'd report it stolen and then demand him pay you back or else you will take him to small claims court to seek payment for the lost iPod. You can use all the other people he has "lost" stuff for as witnesses in your case against him. I don't think it will cost you money (unless you hire a lawyer), but it will cost you your time.

Neil4Speed
05-04-2005, 08:37 PM
Hey man,

Yeah I know what happened. See guys, its not as easy as asking the guy to give it back. This guy is a fucking ass, a shady character, and the guy who gave it to him didn't know better. (its a shame its true).

codo
05-04-2005, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed
Hey man,

Yeah I know what happened. See guys, its not as easy as asking the guy to give it back. This guy is a fucking ass, a shady character, and the guy who gave it to him didn't know better. (its a shame its true).

yeah take him to court then get your ass kicked?

Then again id get my ass kicked over an ipod...who am i kidding id do that for free

:poosie: :poosie: :D

Weapon_R
05-04-2005, 10:23 PM
You won't approach this guy and you can't prove that he stole it.

Buy a new one. www.apple.ca

eb0i
05-05-2005, 10:37 AM
maybe get a restraining order as well? heh but it seems like you should just buy another one and be more careful about lending valuables to anyone .

Celica TVS3
05-05-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
You won't approach this guy and you can't prove that he stole it.

Buy a new one. www.apple.ca

Yes you can. The proof is in the fact he hasn't returned the property when asked by the owner. This is what i would do.

1) Send him a letter via registered mail stating that you have asked him to return the ipod or the replacement value many times. Explain that he has one week from the date of the letter to do so before you report the property stolen and initiate a civil case against him to reclaim the cost of the lost/stolen property + court fees.

2) After the week is up, go down to the police station and file a police report indicating that you had lent your ipod to this guy and now he refuses to return it or the replacement value. Bring in the copy of the letter and the recipt for it and include this in the report.
The police arn't going to go nocking on his door to go pick up your mp3 player so your only going to reclaim the funds in court.

3) File a case in small claims court. I think its around $150.
You don't need a lawyer just stand up and tell the judge what happened. Bring a copy of the letter you sent and the police report you filed. Be sure to sue him for the cost of court fees aswell.

Neil4Speed
05-05-2005, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Celica TVS3

Yes you can. The proof is in the fact he hasn't returned the property when asked by the owner. This is what i would do.

1) Send him a letter via registered mail stating that you have asked him to return the ipod or the replacement value many times. Explain that he has one week from the date of the letter to do so before you report the property stolen and initiate a civil case against him to reclaim the cost of the lost/stolen property + court fees.

2) After the week is up, go down to the police station and file a police report indicating that you had lent your ipod to this guy and now he refuses to return it or the replacement value. Bring in the copy of the letter and the recipt for it and include this in the report.
The police arn't going to go nocking on his door to go pick up your mp3 player so your only going to reclaim the funds in court.

3) File a case in small claims court. I think its around $150.
You don't need a lawyer just stand up and tell the judge what happened. Bring a copy of the letter you sent and the police report you filed. Be sure to sue him for the cost of court fees aswell.

Wow, very professional, thats a great little peice of reference material if you ever find yourself in trouble! Thats a fantastic method of going for it.

frostyda9
05-06-2005, 06:28 PM
Make him give you something more valuable than the iPod as collateral until he pays you.