PDA

View Full Version : Digital camera broken

renzo
05-01-2005, 08:52 PM
anyone know where a good place to fix it is for a reasonable price (aka cheap) It's a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P73.

The lens wont go back in when you turn it off or on and there's a clicking noice when you turn it on then it will just tell you to turn it off :dunno:

EK 2.0
05-01-2005, 09:21 PM
westpeak electronics...they are the authorised Sony Service and Parts guys here in town...

291-1672

cidley69
05-04-2005, 12:23 AM
Same thing happened to my sony cam. they told me the lens gears were damaged and they cost more to replace than the camera was worth.

WTF

phat97yukon
05-04-2005, 12:53 AM
I found out it aint worth gettin a digital fixed, they told me to replace a cracked screen would be bout 350 bucks... bought a $300 camara on sale for 200....

renzo
05-05-2005, 01:21 PM
went to westpeak electronics and they took a look at the camera and told me the lens was just crooked. that's why when i tried turning it off and on the lens part wouldn't go down. i guess he just tapped it back in place with something and gave it back to me fixed....he said he wasn't sure if the lens was ok because it must have been dropped or banged against something while it was turned on.

don't think there is anything wrong with the lens. i thought he was gonna charge me but didn't.

what a nice guy
:D

AllGoNoShow
05-05-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by renzo
i thought he was gonna charge me but didn't.

what a nice guy
:D

Thats how some stores get their business, simple fixes like that, doesn't matter to them, if they don't nit pick and nickel and dime, and you come home and post on a forum with 26XXX people, they just got a bunch of A+ free advertising.

Haven't been there myself but heard they do good work, free or not.