PDA

View Full Version : Taking tickets to court...

ninjak84
01-09-2003, 09:55 PM
I was just wondering:
If you were to take a speeding ticket to court and lose (so that your original fine staid as it was), would you have to pay for anything extra? Is there any court fees, or any other extra's that you have to cover if you win/lose?
Just curious, trying to plan ahead :D

EnRich
01-09-2003, 10:08 PM
First off my best friends GF is a cop so this come direectly from him when we all watchPay Per View Fights and hes drunk.... He says ANY TICKET you get you take it to court PERIOD.... Your an idiot if you dont... First off if the cop doesnt show up... 75% chance that will happen the ticket is ripped up right in front of you... If he does show up you tell your story to make yourself out as inocent as possible... USE EDUCATION, HOW GOOD A KID YOU ARE, HOW YOU WERE A DD THAT NIGHT, ITS YOUR FIRST CAR, HOW GOOD YOU DO AT SCHOOL, MAKE SURE you tell em if you are in school how much your paying for it and what kidna dept it put you in... Make sure you tell em your a good student... they'll look at you like your a good citizen or about to become one... If you mention school. dept they will at least take the demerits off for you and make you pay the ticket in full or cut it in half for you... THEY"LL ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS DO SOMETHING if you make the effort to show up and fight your ticket if the cop shows..... They'll even let you pay like 3 4 months down the road if you dont got the money.... THERE are no court FEES... NONE... if you lose... you dont pay any extra ..... If you go something good will always happen.... Outta 5 tickets I got... I paid one.... And even that I only paid like 54 bucks outta like 150 origional....

Thats my 2 centa... GOOD LUCK

RICH

EnRich
01-09-2003, 10:09 PM
I meant my best friends GFS father is a cop ; ) opps

max_boost
01-09-2003, 10:15 PM
Thanks EnRich.....that is some good advice

D'z Nutz
01-09-2003, 10:22 PM
I can actually vouch for the whole student thing as well. Talked to the prosecutor to see if I could make a bargain, since I was going for registered owner. I told him I'd pay the whole fine if I could get off the demerits "since I'm a student at the U of C and I can't afford the insurance hike because tuition was bad enough". Fortunately, the prosecutor sympathized because he was a student at the U of C as well, so he let me off the hook with an RO :D

But to answer your question, no they won't add any more to your present fine if you lose. And EnRich is totally right. You'd have to be an idiot to go to fight for your ticket. So many of my friends are too chicken shit to go fight their tickets.

EnRich
01-09-2003, 10:25 PM
; ) Glad to be of service I have lots of good stuff like that to talk bout.... Everyone just call me RICH is my real name...

missblondie
01-09-2003, 10:25 PM
Or you can just cry...k maybe that only works for girls:)

RiCE-DaDDy
01-09-2003, 10:32 PM
with the tickets u have ninjak, u going to court a lot man

silverEJ8
01-09-2003, 10:50 PM
well everytime that I've taken my tickets to court the first appearance officier has taken away the demerits and in one case lowered the price of the ticket too.

I know this doesn't answer your question but I'm pretty sure your chances of "winning" is pretty good.

ninjak84
01-09-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
with the tickets u have ninjak, u going to court a lot man

Er... whatever are you talking about?:confused:
Haha, man, you missed the thread we had here. In 2002 I paid the most in fines out of anyone here.
Nothing to be proud of though.

EnRich, thanks for the advice man! I just cut and pasted the whole thing.
Alot of what you said was very, very useful!

EnRich
01-09-2003, 11:49 PM
Np man anytime you need anything ask... I know all this shit pretty good... I think pretty much everythings happened to me...

RICH

5.9 R/T
01-10-2003, 12:03 AM
Cops get paid overtime for going to court, and most of the time you are not the only case they have for that day, so most of the time the cops will be there. Other then that I agree with everything that was said.

sml
01-10-2003, 02:46 AM
The fine on the ticket has already taken account for the fee of the procecutor, judge, cop, etc... So, in my opinion, you should get your money's worth and fight that ticket!!! Take it to court and make them work for their money!