PDA

View Full Version : Biking helmet

Nalgene
05-02-2005, 10:36 AM
SOmetime this week Im going t be purchasing a mountain bike for around $500. Im pretty sure on the bike im going to get, just not sure on the helmet. I would like on of those full helmets.
Where in Calgary and area can you find these helmets? And how much are they approx? and what are some good brands?
Thanx

QuasarCav
05-02-2005, 10:37 AM
Why not check out the place where you bought your bike, maybe they will give you a deal if you buy at the same time.

civic_stylez
05-02-2005, 03:40 PM
cyclepath, bow cycle,the bike shop and many others offer full face helmets..if you are just going to be trailriding, dont buy a full face, they are way too hot when its +20 out. louis garneau and bell offer good full face helmets in the 100-175$ price range.

redline
05-03-2005, 12:52 PM
Troy Lee make the only FF to have! but your helmet would be worth more then your bike :rofl:

tsi_neal
05-03-2005, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by redline
Troy Lee make the only FF to have! but your helmet would be worth more then your bike :rofl:

someones a poser :poosie:

My vote is if you get a full face youll never wear it, just find a light and comfotable helmet with big vents. Spend more than 50 bucks and youll get a good retention system, it will keep it in place. Comfortable helmets are a thing of beauty, uncomfortable ones rarely get worn.

Nalgene
05-03-2005, 10:32 PM
Well i just ordered my bike today. But a deposit on it and it should be here next week. Ill look into the helmet situation when I go to pick it up. Thanx for the info, I dont think im gonna go full face.

redline
05-04-2005, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by tsi_neal

someones a poser :poosie:

My vote is if you get a full face youll never wear it, just find a light and comfotable helmet with big vents. Spend more than 50 bucks and youll get a good retention system, it will keep it in place. Comfortable helmets are a thing of beauty, uncomfortable ones rarely get worn.

My TLD D2 Carbon is helmet is :bigpimp: but i only wear it for DH/FR

I wear a Giro for XC and riding to work.