PDA

View Full Version : Anywhere local or Canadian to order Pioneer replacement parts?

str8jkt
05-02-2005, 11:04 AM
My Pioneer DEH-P840MP HU stopped working. After researching on the net this seems to (unfortunately) be a fairly common problem with these decks. There is a replacement part (the ribbon assembly) that can be ordered that will fix this (saves me taking it into a shop for repairs).

The part number is GXY1005 Located at Pioneer's Parts website - http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/part.asp?productNum=GXY1005 (http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/part.asp?productNum=GXY1005)

Does anyone know if there is any local places or even Canadian E-tailer or retailers that I would be able to purchase this from? Easier than dealing with the hassle of bringing it in from the States (and potentially quicker as well).

Thanks in advance for your responses.

str8jkt
05-02-2005, 11:13 AM
Found the link to order from Pioneer Canada. Would still like to know if there is any local Calgary dealers who might stock parts like this?

http://www.pioneerelectronics.ca/pna/article/top/0,,32171715_32252975,00.html

AllGoNoShow
05-02-2005, 01:19 PM
Go hit up and audio repair shop and see if they have one or could order you one in.

djayz
05-02-2005, 01:26 PM
southland crossing tv and vcr repair should have what your looking for

they did some warranty work on my pioneer deck

djayz
05-02-2005, 01:37 PM
just realized...they did work on the same deck heh except the problem with mine was it wouldnt open and close...not even the cd slot

str8jkt
05-02-2005, 02:49 PM
Mine is the same thing. Its stuck in the closed position and won't open or close. I thought it was initially a blown fuse or a wire got disconnected. I'm sure most of these repair shops need to order the part in as well. I will try calling a couple tonight and if not will just order the part direct from Pioneer.

djayz
05-02-2005, 03:11 PM
ohh...well for mine they said it was getting too hot and something was malfunctioning so they changed the inner casing and put a new chip or something in....
its been working fine...its screwed up once or twice but no problems since then.

i got it done under warranty but i think it wouldve cost me like 80 for parts and labour which isnt too bad

str8jkt
05-17-2005, 12:59 PM
What a ripoff.. The part is just over 11 bucks US on Pioneer US's site, but according to the parts ordering from Pioneer Canada they do not have the kit and will only sell all pieces separately for a total cost of approximately 50 bucks CDN (thats before I even asked about shipping). :bullshit:

Called Southland Crossing TV and they weren't able to help me (won't sell parts, just directed me to this same company).

Anyone else have suggestions on how I can get this. I can't order through the US site at all as I need to register online and it will only accept US addresses.

djayz
05-17-2005, 04:27 PM
Hmm did you ask southland if they would repair it for you?

maybe they only do warranty work but im pretty sure they will order it and fix it for you

str8jkt
05-17-2005, 04:45 PM
Oh I'm sure they will repair it for me but it will cost me the part cost plus their time to repair it as well (meaning most likely over 100 bucks for it). Its a super easy swap of parts (only tool you need is a phillips screwdriver)...

mr2mike
05-25-2005, 12:28 AM
Maybe take the deck apart for them and see if it'll lower the cost.

Slimmer
09-19-2005, 11:24 AM
I have an issue with the deck, too. (Powers down and hasn't come back on). I ordered the ribbon, but want to do the work myself.

How do yo get at the old ribbon and it is it too technical for a novice to install?

Jonathan@TCS
09-19-2005, 03:11 PM
There is a place I used to deal with in Winnipeg, called AUTEK LABS. If you can get their phone number, they could probably help you out. I can't remember the #, but their address is 488 ST. ANNE's RD, Winnipeg, MB

GOOD LUCK!

RORYG
09-24-2005, 08:15 PM
i might be able to order it for you. i am car audio manager at visions and i can order parts direct from pioneer. ill check if i can order that part no. for you and ill let you know on monday 9like sept 25th i think)

then we will talk on phone or something

str8jkt
09-25-2005, 08:21 AM
Thanks Rory

RORYG
09-26-2005, 05:23 PM
hey buddy, bad news for ya. unfortunately i am only able to order external parts for pioneer products not internal assembly parts. hat i can do is give you pioneer parts phone number and you can probably order it direct from them via credit card or something like that.

1-877-283-5901. pioneer parts tel no.

good luck man

matt

p.s rory is my room mate i just use his account caus i'm too lazy to set one up myself lol

redsands
03-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Hey all,
I know this is an old thread, but I have the same deck, presumably the same problem and I'm just wondering if you had any luck finding the ribbon. Looks like I might be needing to buy one too now.:D

str8jkt
03-07-2007, 12:14 AM
Yep, the ribbon replacement worked like a charm. Ended up picking it up off of Ebay..

redsands
03-07-2007, 04:38 PM
I'll have to check out ebay then! Thanks a lot for the reply str8jkt.