PDA

View Full Version : Going to Germany

renzo
05-02-2005, 11:27 AM
Hey all

The wife and I are leaving for Germany on the 14th of May and we'll be there till the 22nd. We'll be mostly staying in Frankfurt and will probably take day trips to towns/tourist attractions near and around Frankfurt.

For the people who have been there, anyone have any suggestions on where to go and what to see or do???

Also does anyone know if there are any car shows in Frankfurt while we are there??

Any help or advice would be great....Thanks!!

Roaring G60
05-02-2005, 11:58 AM
Do you have to stay near Frankfurt??? There Is way more to the Country than Frankfurt!!! You should definatly go see so stuff around Stuttgart, ie: Mercedes Benz museum, Porsche museum in Zuffenhausen...There is other stuff to, just don't stay around Frankfurt.

rice_eater
05-02-2005, 12:09 PM
there are TWO frankfurts in germany :D i suggest you visit as much of the country as you can... fuck the tours, rent a car and go driving around, you'll have a lot more fun. maybe even take it down the nurburgring...it's only $14 euros :eek: :eek:

Kobe
05-02-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by renzo
Hey all

The wife and I are leaving for Germany on the 14th of May and we'll be there till the 22nd. We'll be mostly staying in Frankfurt and will probably take day trips to towns/tourist attractions near and around Frankfurt.

For the people who have been there, anyone have any suggestions on where to go and what to see or do???

Also does anyone know if there are any car shows in Frankfurt while we are there??

Any help or advice would be great....Thanks!!

I was in frankfurt a couple years ago, 4 or 5.. was really nice down there, we were only there for a couple days, stayed with some family..But you should check out the dealerships.. :drool:

Kor
05-02-2005, 07:15 PM
Not my favourite city in Germany. Munich was awesome and Berlin was pretty good too. I also liked touring some of the small towns. Going for a drive on the Autobahn is pretty fun, even in a crappy cheap rental car like I did.

RickDaTuner
05-02-2005, 07:29 PM
haha bring me back some surplus Night vison goggles while you are there, i hear they can be found Uber cheap.

have fun in Nazi land.... :eek: jokes jokes:D

Neil4Speed
05-02-2005, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Roaring G60
Do you have to stay near Frankfurt??? There Is way more to the Country than Frankfurt!!! You should definatly go see so stuff around Stuttgart, ie: Mercedes Benz museum, Porsche museum in Zuffenhausen...There is other stuff to, just don't stay around Frankfurt.

:werd: Germany is an amazing place to visit. The people are fantastic, and very friendly unless you mention anything related to the wars.

Its straight up car heaven though. We tried to rent the fastest car for reasonable money, and that was an E220 CDI, which we maxed out at 230km/h which was the speed that we were traveling at for a good half an hour.

The dealerships, and car museums are surreal, as with the factories. Check out the Audi Factory tour, amazing!

I want to go again, what a fantastic place

Nalgene
05-02-2005, 11:43 PM
The Volkswagen factory tour is supposed to be amazing as well. In frankfurt I cant say i was impressed with the city, lots of drugs and people openly "shooting up" on the streets.
Dont let that spoil your vacation, have a good time in Europe! Im jealous.

SwitchBlade
05-02-2005, 11:50 PM
Nurburgring
BMW museum

renzo
05-13-2005, 10:13 AM
hey thanks for all of everybodies suggestions!!

what about food & alchohol what's Germany known for???

GoChris
05-13-2005, 10:14 AM

nazis? :dunno:

/////AMG
05-13-2005, 11:10 AM
Yoou probably wont' see any big car shows, frankfurt 5 (is in september i think). Also goto the Porsche factory, I heard if you be really nice and beg them, they take you on the autobahn in a porsche, you might have to pay them actually, I have no idea.
Goto a hot nightclub while the wife is sleeping hahah

AsianCaucasian
05-13-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by GoChris

nazis? :dunno:

Typical asshole response. Hey! Since I'm chinese I must be good at math, drive a civic, know kung fu and I definitely must be a communist. :rolleyes:

Chester
05-13-2005, 11:17 AM

You can get beer in McDonalds and its cheaper then juice; well at least it was when I was there.

USED
05-13-2005, 11:19 AM
Germany is known for both beer and sausages. You'll have a great time, a couple of great places to visit are Stuttgart, and Kassels.