PDA

View Full Version : command start and alarm

tech by trade
05-02-2005, 04:13 PM
hi there, had a question about the 290i-c and a ultrastart 600 alarm. just wondering if it is posible to wire the command start so that it will opperate off the alarm or vice versa. i have done it in the past with some different models but I cant seem to find any way in the install manuals to do it with these two models. :confused:

tech by trade
05-02-2005, 07:24 PM
Thanks for looking guys, but i think i figured this out my self. im going to take the negitive output for the trunk off the 600 and connect it to the yellow (tempature sensor enable) off the command start. go into the command start settings, turn on temp sensor and presto. I should be able to turn on the car with the alarm remote. hope it works, ill get back to you with the results.

tech by trade
05-02-2005, 08:01 PM
one more quick question. does the low temp sensor need a high or a low to engage?

Strugari
05-02-2005, 09:41 PM
You can adjust the cold temp sensor to 4 different settings. It is a low temp setting. I believe it is -9, -16, -23, and -30.:thumbsup:

tech by trade
05-03-2005, 04:57 PM
ah yes, i was thinking in digital terms again. low = 0v or ground, high = 12 volts. I do belive it needs a .5 second low pulse to engage the starter system. thanks for the feedback, ill probably hook it up this weekend and tell ya all how it goes.

tech by trade
05-10-2005, 05:26 PM
It works..... one remote, for alarm and starter. heading home tonight to hook up the actuator in the driver side door (93 mx6) and it is complete. Thanks for all the help.