PDA

View Full Version : Digital SLR rental?

RickDaTuner
05-02-2005, 07:05 PM
im going off on a vacation for a week and wanted to rent a cannon D20 or a Nikon D70 anyone know where i can rent one, other than vistek? or anyone here on the board want to lend one to me ? haha

tulit
05-02-2005, 07:36 PM
The Camerastore

Melinda
05-04-2005, 12:59 AM
^^ :werd: www.thecamerastore.com

benyl
05-04-2005, 09:42 AM
Um, what would be the point?

What is important is the lens that you put in front of the camera and the person you put behind the camera.

The 20D or the D70 will not get you "awesome" photos just because of the camera.

If you rent a 20D, what lens are you going to put on it? What are you going to be shooting?

Take the money you are going to spend on renting one and get a really good point and shoot that you don't have to worry about damaging.

sputnik
05-04-2005, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by benyl
Take the money you are going to spend on renting one and get a really good point and shoot that you don't have to worry about damaging.

:werd:

The camera store rents Digital Rebels for $500/week. At that rate you can buy a kickass point-n-shoot.

I bought a point-n-shoot for documenting my house construction so I didnt have to worry about tripping and dropping it. Spending $500 on a Canon Powershot A95 (5.0MP and 3X optical zoom) makes more sense than renting a digital SLR and will probably net the same results in the end.

Dont be deceived into thinking that the talented photographers on Beyond are only good because of the gear they use. Ben shot with a point and shoot long before he got his Digital Rebel.

D'z Nutz
05-04-2005, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by sputnik

The camera store rents Digital Rebels for $500/week. At that rate you can buy a kickass point-n-shoot.

Holy shit, at that price you can almost buy a used one.

RickDaTuner
05-04-2005, 10:16 AM
I have a point and shoot but am looking for a Digi Slr , I also already have a Slr camera buts its a film camera, yeah the prices that those places have are expensive, i never really noticed, ive used a D70 before i like its vesatility, more than a point and shoot can give you.

you all assume to much, i've been doing photography for a while now, started in jr high, although i am not as talented as some of you here on beyond, i do know my way arround a lens and camera, i dont post in the monthy picture threads because I havent really doen that in a while

:drama:

thanks for the help anyway Dooooods :thumbsup:

benyl
05-04-2005, 10:28 AM
That being said, it would be cheaper for you to buy a whole bunch of film and process it using your SLR. That should give you the versatility you are looking for.

The exposure latitude in digital is lower than slide film. You shouldn't need to have you settings exactly right with film and still get the photo you want without having to see it until it is processed. But you should know that.

If you still want to rent a DSLR, just buy Ekliptix's 300D for $600 and then dump it later for $400. Way cheaper than renting.

RickDaTuner
05-04-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by benyl
That being said, it would be cheaper for you to buy a whole bunch of film and process it using your SLR. That should give you the versatility you are looking for.

The exposure latitude in digital is lower than slide film. You shouldn't need to have you settings exactly right with film and still get the photo you want without having to see it until it is processed. But you should know that.

If you still want to rent a DSLR, just buy Ekliptix's 300D for $600 and then dump it later for $400. Way cheaper than renting. that was the plan and ive only ever delt with Film cameras to be honest i know little about digis, and the fact that you can preview the picture once its taken is another reason to want to rent one but yeah thanks anyway