PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Wireless print server

GucciBoy
05-02-2005, 08:01 PM
PM me.

Thaco
05-03-2005, 10:21 AM
i have found that wireless print servers are over priced... you can get a router with a usb print server built in for $110 from memoryexpress i think its an smc2804 it is probably much more cost effective and affordable than a seperate print server. and it is a wireless G router :D

GucciBoy
05-03-2005, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Thaco
i have found that wireless print servers are over priced... you can get a router with a usb print server built in for $110 from memoryexpress i think its an smc2804 it is probably much more cost effective and affordable than a seperate print server. and it is a wireless G router :D

ya true ^, but im already using a wireless router, and been trying to sell it on here so I can get one with a print port on it, but no one wants it :(

Xtrema
05-03-2005, 11:39 AM
My question would be, why do you need a wireless print server?

Have you check all options?

USB extension cable can reach up to 15ft and parallel can reach up to 25ft.

Given you are running Windows XP pro, it can serve as print server if you run it 24X7.

Or just bite the bullet and buy another router because like Thaco said, even used wireless print server won't be that cheap.

GucciBoy
05-03-2005, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
My question would be, why do you need a wireless print server?

Have you check all options?

USB extension cable can reach up to 15ft and parallel can reach up to 25ft.

Given you are running Windows XP pro, it can serve as print server if you run it 24X7.

Or just bite the bullet and buy another router because like Thaco said, even used wireless print server won't be that cheap.

well thats the thing, Im running an all wireless setup so dont need a long cable running across the house. I have 3 computers set up on this printer, so dont need 3 long cables. Plus USB cables are expensive especially at 25ft. ($40)