PDA

View Full Version : Wtb: Laptop

Bigwave
05-03-2005, 01:43 AM
If anyone has a reasoably new laptop that's under $900 let me know. Considering that a new Acer with 1.3ghz Mobile Celeron CPU, 15" Screen, Cd Burner, 256mb ram, 40gig HD etc. is $899 new...I'd obviously want something equal to or better than the Acer in price\specs. Must be in perfect working condition.

Xaroxantu Zero
05-03-2005, 01:56 AM
Just to let you know that I'm selling my Compaq X1010 (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84064) at $800. As you know it's not in tip-top condition since the USB ports are somewhat faulty. The touchpad works fine now if you haven't checked my thread lately. The specs is undoubtedly better than the one you're looking at and I'm sure it wouldn't cost much to have the USB ports repaired.

Bigwave
05-03-2005, 02:49 AM
I'm aware of your laptop....but I'm just a little uncomfortable with the USB problem. The USB ports are a VERY important tool when it comes to laptops.

"Repairing" the USB ports is probably rediculously expensive depending on the problem. That's a risk I'm not too willing to take.

Xaroxantu Zero
05-03-2005, 03:33 AM
Well I'm sure you'll be able to find out the price to repair this since you have the connections. ;)

Bigwave
05-03-2005, 01:22 PM
Finding out a price is well......difficult. If the laptop needed a new motherboard it would probably cost a small fortune to repair it. What it comes down to really is if it's worth the hassle, and I'm not sure it is.

I'll probably just buy something new if nobody has anything in 100% working condition the next little while.