PDA

View Full Version : I think its fair to say: Manu Ginobili >> Tracy Mcgrady

Komplekshun
05-03-2005, 01:20 PM
The playoffs have proven Manu Ginobili has more heart and is more talented than Lazy Mcgrady. Tim Duncan had the worst game of his NBA and Collegiate Career, and none other than manu stepped up dropped 32 OFF THE BENCH. This guy has the heart of a champion, and is feared everytime he touches the ball. Lazy Mcgrady has cost his team two wins with his lack of focus. With his selfishness he brought in from Orlando, he cost David wesley a shot a winning the game last night. Tracy also does not make his teammates better. Look how bad Yao shoots freethrows.

90Tegra
05-03-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Komplekshun
Tracy also does not make his teammates better. Look how bad Yao shoots freethrows.
your a retard

jumperman8
05-03-2005, 01:36 PM
I hope you are not talking about last nights game, ginobli didnt have 30, and timmy d played unreal.

bigboom
05-03-2005, 01:41 PM
wow i dont think you could be more wrong in your statement...i think you need to actually start watching the games.

5hift
05-03-2005, 01:46 PM
This guy you called lazy mcgrady also happens to be the reason the rockets are in the playoffs.

habsfan
05-03-2005, 02:15 PM
damn you're ignorant.

u4ia
05-03-2005, 06:21 PM
i don't agree with manu ginobili being better than t-mac, though ginobili is a hell of a player.

but t-mac isn't the sole reason why the rockets are in the playoffs.. let's not forget the rockets made the playoffs with steve francis as well. the team is simply better now than it was before with the new additions this year.

and yao is not a bad free throw shooter.. the guy shoots 76% at the line, which i believe makes him one of the best free throw shooting centers in the league. i think only ilgauskas is better than him and only by a few percent at that..

izzoblitzo
05-03-2005, 06:41 PM
[i]Tracy also does not make his teammates better. Look how bad Yao shoots freethrows. [/B]

Yao shoots 77% from the line... with your theory, kobe SUCKS... he didnt get shaq shootin very well...

u4ia
05-03-2005, 06:51 PM
actually i should correct myself.. he's shooting 76% at the line during the playoffs. he's an 80% shooter for his career.. so not too shabby.

no_joke
05-03-2005, 07:30 PM
T-Mac did shoot quite horribly in Game 5. According to ESPN.com he shot 7/22. That is BRUTAL. I didn't see the game but he was obviously throwing up shit and should not have been so selfish.

But to his credit, that must have been his worst shooting game in a long time but if the Rox lose next game, we can be almost certain that T-Mac is cursed.

Kirbs17
05-03-2005, 08:46 PM
lol wow, that theory definatly got put to rest rather quick

vcteggy
05-03-2005, 08:57 PM
did you guys watch the 76 vs pistons, philly sucked

A_3
05-03-2005, 09:40 PM
That's because they are a one man team... and even with the biggest heart in the league isn't enough to help that rag tag squad win against the Pistons. I really feel bad for AI... I thought the addition of Cwebb would do what VC did for the nets... too bad he's a one legged gimp. I still hope AI wins one in Phily before the end of his career.

vcteggy
05-03-2005, 09:54 PM
yeah, AI was the only 76'er in the double figures :banghead:

5hift
05-04-2005, 01:06 AM
One thing you should keep in mind about McGrady is that he is expected to perform on both sides of the court. Its easy to see a bad shooting average for a game or two and put the guy down because his team depends on him and because he gets paid millions. But if you've watched the Mavs - Rockets series you'll see almost any time Dirk Nowitzki is on the court McGrady is covering him. Being 7 feet tall, extremely fast and a deadly shooter, Dirk is one of the toughest guys to cover in the NBA today. Imagine spending all your energy on defense trying to shut a talented scorer down and then being expected carry your team offensively too (Yao helps but he's streaky). Its easy to knock the guy after he screwed over Toronto/Orlando, and because he's just another overpaid athlete, but he's playing his heart out in this series.

Any of those that have played ball competively will know it doesnt matter if your a great shooter, but when your covering a player who is not only bigger than you but a better shooter than you for 45 minutes, you'll be lucky to have enough energy to even get a shot off let alone hit it in the end stages of the game.

Komplekshun
05-04-2005, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by izzoblitzo

Yao shoots 77% from the line... with your theory, kobe SUCKS... he didnt get shaq shootin very well...

77% does not matter unless you hit freethrows when it really counts. Yao missed 5 critical shots from the charity strip in game five. Shaq? does rarely misses late-in-the-game freethrows. He cant afford to let down Kobe and the rest of the team.

bigboom
05-04-2005, 12:01 PM

77% does not matter unless you hit freethrows when it really counts. Yao missed 5 critical shots from the charity strip in game five. Shaq? does rarely misses late-in-the-game freethrows. He cant afford to let down Kobe and the rest of the team.

another reason why your theory holds no water, anyone remember in game 5 against the spurs when shaq and TD missed crucial free throws?

u4ia
05-04-2005, 03:26 PM
i'd also like to add that if shaq does end up making his free throws down the stretch, it only slightly makes up for the 8-9 he missed earlier in the game. so really it makes no difference. i'd still rather have yao taking free throws over shaq..

alky1987
05-04-2005, 03:32 PM
your a retard man. seriously. how can you even compare manu to tmac. manu is good, no doubt but saying hes better than tracy is just stupid because tracy has turned the rockets into a playoff calibre team

saiyajin
05-04-2005, 03:48 PM
look at it this way..
take away manu from the spurs and you think the spurs still make the playoffs? most likely
and now take tracy off the rockets ...ya didnt think so :nut:

u4ia
05-04-2005, 03:49 PM
the rockets were already a playoff caliber team before t-mac.. but nonetheless, he has made them better.

and saiyajin, nicely put. :thumbsup:

bigboom
05-04-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by u4ia
the rockets were already a playoff caliber team before t-mac.. but nonetheless, he has made them better.

and saiyajin, nicely put. :thumbsup:

only because they had steve francis and cuttino...

saiyajin
05-04-2005, 04:01 PM
no man if you were to look at the teams right now as is and take away each respected player thats what i mean

Komplekshun
05-04-2005, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by saiyajin
look at it this way..
take away manu from the spurs and you think the spurs still make the playoffs? most likely
and now take tracy off the rockets ...ya didnt think so :nut:

The Spurs without Manu Ginobili = Minnesota Timberwolves

habsfan
05-04-2005, 04:11 PM
beyond.ca - komplekshuns stupid comparisons = better off

saiyajin
05-04-2005, 04:15 PM
^ :rofl:

u4ia
05-04-2005, 04:37 PM
bigboom:

exactly.. therefore saying that t-mac made houston a playoff team is incorrect since they were already one with francis and mobley.

alky1987
05-04-2005, 04:45 PM
ok sorry. but if you subtract cuttino and francis. without tmac they are doomed. and also they could make the playoffs but that doesnt mean they are playoff calibre. tmac gives them the edge

PGTze
05-04-2005, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by habsfan
beyond.ca - komplekshuns stupid comparisons = better off

finally someone with good basketball math skillz

u4ia
05-05-2005, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by alky1987
ok sorry. but if you subtract cuttino and francis. without tmac they are doomed. and also they could make the playoffs but that doesnt mean they are playoff calibre. tmac gives them the edge

well i dunno about that.. houston just blew 3 in a row. if they lose the next game, they'll be eliminated 4-2 instead of the 4-1 of last year. not exactly a huge improvement. :rolleyes: if houston somehow makes it into the second round then you can say t-mac has given them the edge..

wildrice
05-05-2005, 08:50 PM
Komplekshun, I truly hope you're watching the rockets/mavericks game right now at 8:50 PM

Mcgrady is playing great. He just knocked down two straight three-pinters and has been making amazing passes to his teammates all game.

vcteggy
05-05-2005, 09:49 PM
^^^^^^^^^

:werd:

yao is sucking hard up tho

*go's back to game*

k_dawg
05-06-2005, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by wildrice
Komplekshun, I truly hope you're watching the rockets/mavericks game right now at 8:50 PM

Mcgrady is playing great. He just knocked down two straight three-pinters and has been making amazing passes to his teammates all game.

Mcgrady owned yesterdays game. 37 points holy, basically won the game for the rockets.

Marsh
05-06-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by A_3
That's because they are a one man team... and even with the biggest heart in the league isn't enough to help that rag tag squad win against the Pistons. I really feel bad for AI... I thought the addition of Cwebb would do what VC did for the nets... too bad he's a one legged gimp. I still hope AI wins one in Phily before the end of his career.

I hope Iverson win's a championship too, but if he does its not going to be in Philly, thats for sure. THey've tried btu they just can't surround his ass with enough talent to get the job done..

skandalz
05-06-2005, 10:18 AM
anyone else think that the 76ers might do something drastic and trade iverson? i think they have a good core of young guys, igudala, dalembert, willy green, and koiver. they could get another all star calibur player for iverson.

i'm a big AI fan but 8 years and no championship + the teams has been slowly getting worst might force the front office to make some changes

USHER
05-06-2005, 05:56 PM
haha this is retarded in no way shape or form in manu more talented than tmac...tmac is blessed with natural talent ginobili is all heart and hussle dont get me wrong he is good but he aint mcgrady level and that many ppl in the league are that level, ginobili is way to wild thats why popovich plays him off the bench...and so what if he comes off the bench and scored 30+ just cuz ben gordon does it does that make him a better player than mcgrady 2?

Komplekshun
05-22-2005, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by USHER
haha this is retarded in no way shape or form in manu more talented than tmac...tmac is blessed with natural talent ginobili is all heart and hussle dont get me wrong he is good but he aint mcgrady level and that many ppl in the league are that level, ginobili is way to wild thats why popovich plays him off the bench...and so what if he comes off the bench and scored 30+ just cuz ben gordon does it does that make him a better player than mcgrady 2?

"Dont get it confused, this Manu Ginobili guy is right up there with Dwayne Wades and the Lebron James' of the league"

- Bill Walton on the ESPN preview of the WCF Game 1.

:closed:

jumperman8
05-22-2005, 10:43 PM
HAHAHAHA

First of all, never post a reply wiht Bill Walton as your back up, this is the same guy who said steve nash wasnt athletic...HAHAHHAHAAH

fuck, ginobli si good, but not lebron or wade material.

CLOSED INDEED

Komplekshun
05-22-2005, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by jumperman8
HAHAHAHA

First of all, never post a reply wiht Bill Walton as your back up, this is the same guy who said steve nash wasnt athletic...HAHAHHAHAAH

fuck, ginobli si good, but not lebron or wade material.

CLOSED INDEED

Its the truth...

Your mad because the italians lost to argentina in the 2004 olympics.

Face it, Italy lost.

jumperman8
05-23-2005, 12:07 AM

Its the truth...

Face it, Italy lost.

Good one, go after my country.

Fucking Prick, Learn shit about basketball before posting about it, all you do is post dumb ass shit that makes no sence at all, really ive heard better shit come out of my ass. So fuck off, do everyone on this site a favour and leave, dont come back on and if you do, dont post.

And by the way, do you play basketball, because im pretty sure in 4 years ill have a contract to play pro in italy, so eat a dick.

Fottendo puntura, parlate merda del mio paese di nuovo e voi vi troverete in una scatola di legno.

ecstasy_civic
05-23-2005, 10:55 AM

Its the truth...

Face it, Italy lost.

WHERE THE FUCK DID THAT COME FROM?:confused:

I thought we were talking NBA?:closed:

Komplekshun
05-23-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by jumperman8

Good one, go after my country.

Fucking Prick, Learn shit about basketball before posting about it, all you do is post dumb ass shit that makes no sence at all, really ive heard better shit come out of my ass. So fuck off, do everyone on this site a favour and leave, dont come back on and if you do, dont post.

And by the way, do you play basketball, because im pretty sure in 4 years ill have a contract to play pro in italy, so eat a dick.

Fottendo puntura, parlate merda del mio paese di nuovo e voi vi troverete in una scatola di legno.

Italy lost.