PDA

View Full Version : New York New York (Bar & Chophouse)

Kaos
05-04-2005, 08:52 AM
Its located in the area where Jack Astors is (Mcleod & Southland dr.) Has anyone eaten there yet?

QuasarCav
05-04-2005, 08:59 AM
Bentleys went down pretty quick so I'm interested to see how that place does. It doesn't seem very busy and they are catering to the wrong crowd in the wrong part of town.

I'd like to hear some experiences too.

carstar
05-04-2005, 12:25 PM
Yeah, i was thinking about heading there for my birthday but i want to see if anyone has been first....give some reviews.
It's suppose to be like Aussie Rules, has anyone ever been there?

Orbie
05-04-2005, 12:40 PM
I thought the Red Robin's that was there was nice before, now I'm not sure we have any of those left since the Kensington one is gone too. Oh well...I'm definitely heading to New York New York to check it out soon looks nice from the outside...

Despair*
05-04-2005, 06:02 PM
^ I like the Red Robins there also. I was dissapointed to see it gone because I really liked their burger menu. Don't know any other Red Robins locations in Calgary either, hopefully they aren't all gone now :cry:

ronaldo
05-05-2005, 08:26 AM
yeah red robins was amazing....bottomless fries basket:drool:
what happened to them..the one in the NE is gone too

00sir2
05-05-2005, 12:42 PM
For those of you thinking of trying out New York New York don't bother. I went there last week with a couple friends and the food was just terrible... 24 bucks for a 6 ounce steak and some instant mashed potatoes. I've also had alot of other friends who have been there and not one of them has one thing good thing to say. And from what I hear they are having some financial problems and are gonna follow the Bentley's route.

eb0i
05-05-2005, 01:12 PM
I loved the Red Robins that was in that location, been going there since 95, so sad to see it dissappear. Seems like they are all gone from Calgary now :cry:

carstar
05-05-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by 00sir2
For those of you thinking of trying out New York New York don't bother. I went there last week with a couple friends and the food was just terrible... 24 bucks for a 6 ounce steak and some instant mashed potatoes. I've also had alot of other friends who have been there and not one of them has one thing good thing to say. And from what I hear they are having some financial problems and are gonna follow the Bentley's route.

Thanks, for posting that.
Looks like i will be finding another place to go for my birthday.
Anyone got any suggestions??

Impreza
05-11-2005, 04:03 PM
I went to New York New York with my gf a little while back. Food was very mediocre and the atmosphere just sucked. I expected much more from all of the advertising I heard on the radio

'93 SR-V
05-11-2005, 07:11 PM
I found the food bland and overpriced. We were only there for lunch, so we didn't see any performances, but good reviews are hard to find.

idriveabox
05-13-2005, 12:04 AM
I also DO NOT recommend this place. The first thing that I was told "We dont allow hoodies here" as I replied, oh ok, I will take it off, after you show us our seats. "No I mean it, take it off now"

like WTF? It was a D&G hoodie??...not a source special.

Then as the night progressed, after our 25 dollar burnt steaks,
our only comments on the entertainment were "when does it stop sucking?"

enough said.

That place is a BIG :thumbsdow

sputnik
05-13-2005, 07:04 AM
D&G hoodie or Source hoodie... still low class.

DowntownCowboy
05-13-2005, 04:27 PM
I just went to the newish Ric's Grill today for lunch and its quality :thumbsup:

Its got a really nice lounge-type atmosphere too. Their lunch menu has a lot of $13 items, but with 2 bottles of wine (McWilliams Shiraz), a dozen of the special oysters on special, soup & desserts (Passionfruit sorbet from Mario's Gelati's in Van) the 3 of us went just under $200. I'd go back again.

And no, I don't work for them :) jus a lil buzzd from the wine still!

idriveabox
05-13-2005, 06:19 PM
As a jacket?
overtop of a dress shirt? and tie? and it was a full zip....

I assumed it was like Aussie rules, where anything goes.

Originally posted by sputnik
D&G hoodie or Source hoodie... still low class.

dragonone
05-17-2005, 10:11 AM
the three of u had 2 bottles of wine during lunch?

Proyecto2000
05-17-2005, 05:31 PM
milestones on stephen ave is pretty good