PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Car Owner-Soon to be pedestrian

soontobeped
05-04-2005, 07:21 PM
Hi, there! I am the owner of a silver Acura RSX 2003 (premium). I am trying to figure out the best way to get it cleaned and the best way to get it sold. The outside just needs a quick wash, but the carpets could use some scrubbing. I live at an apartment, so no hose. I have only had the car for about a year now (and have only had my license and been able to drive it for about 6!), and I must part with it. This makes me terribly sad. . .I was just beginning to understand these Calgary roads and I really like the safety and privacy a car offers. And I just drove to Calgary about three weeks ago from Sarnia, ON (4200 kilometers). I love my car and I love being a driver. :( :( :cry: </vent> Anyway, since everyone here seems to know what they are talking about. . .any advice for cleaning/selling? I think we owe 26-28 grand on it. . .any chance of getting that privately? Obviously, I can not post it for sale here because this is my first post, but are there any other sites that you would recommend that do not charge a huge percentage or listing fee?

88CRX
05-04-2005, 08:09 PM
My family is from Sarnia.... kinda turning into a ghost town lol... nice place tho.

Anyways, the car is prolly worth around $22,000 give or take a grand.

And to clean it, hit up one of those loonie washes.... take the mats out and spray em up with the pressure washer.

FiveFreshFish
05-04-2005, 08:13 PM
You can still buy an old beater to drive around Calgary.

soontobeped
05-04-2005, 08:20 PM
Do you think the spoiler or heated leather seats or moonroof would take the price up a bit?

Know of any good washes around the SW area or on MacLeod?

Yeah, I hope I can get a beater. It will probably be quite a ways down the road though. . . *sniff, sniff. . .down the road* :cry:

Jaxx
05-05-2005, 04:54 AM
Why are you selling?

ronaldo
05-05-2005, 08:58 AM
Johnny Rockets Car Wash is :thumbsup:

soontobeped
05-05-2005, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Jaxx
Why are you selling?

Husband just cancelled the insurance. We both own the car, but he has decided to call it quits (marriage and driving), so it has to be sold.

soontobeped
05-05-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by ronaldo
Johnny Rockets Car Wash is :thumbsup:
Do they do interior, as well? Any idea of their price range?

RSeXy
05-05-2005, 01:56 PM
Sorry to hear...

You can take it to Acura to get detailed or look up in the yellow pages for a car detailing place. I think it will most likely be around $200-300 for a complete service. You're best to call and ask. Be prepared to take a hit on this car as it has only been leased (I assume from the amount you owe) for about two years in which the car depreciates rapidly. What about keep the car and make payments yourself for another year and then try to sell?

You can also list your car on RSX-based forums

Alberta www.dc5ab.com
North America www.clubrsx.com

soontobeped
05-06-2005, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the help. I took it to Johnny's today and I am very happy with what they did. I would like to get it completely detailed, but am not really supposed to be driving around so if my husband wants it detailed he can get it done. See if I care. :banghead: Umm, anyway. . .yeah we have only had the car for 12 months. Not leased, bought but the payments are excruciating combined with the insurance. I think it is a good idea to use it since we are paying for it until someone buys it. What is the point of making a $600+ car payment on a car that sits in the $125/month parking garage while I try to catch the c-train? Apparently, though, it is not my decision to make. Thanks for the links.