PDA

View Full Version : Mazda Dealership experience

Xtrema
05-05-2005, 08:28 AM
I want to hear the good and the bad about Mazda dealerships in town.

Both services and sales and which one I should deal with.

Be as objective as possible and most recenet experience would be best.

Thanks

infected
05-05-2005, 09:12 AM
We were going to buy a Protege 5 and a MPV a couple years back so we went to Sunridge, never really got to buying the car but overall the sales guys were very good.

heavyD
05-05-2005, 09:18 AM
I've only dealt with Sunridge Mazda and it was amongst the worst service I've ever received. Not quite as bad as the worst ever (Honda West) but bad.

lint
05-05-2005, 09:48 AM
Bought my Mazda 3 at Kramer. Our salesman was great, but no longer works there. The experience at Sunridge was not good, too pushy when they saw that you were interested, but no where to be found when you were kicking tires.

I've only had one service and that was at Sunridge, I have to say I was impressed. Drive through drop off, took care to put cardboard on the floor and plastic on the seat so as not to get it dirty. Was finished at noon and was washed and waiting for me to pick up. So far so good.

Nalgene
05-05-2005, 11:50 AM
I was with my dad when he bought a Mazda3 at Kramer in October.
Salesman was very nice, very helpful and not pushy. Cant remember his name though. He even ordered a Mazda3 in since they didnt have the exact model and colour he wanted. Then when the shipment came and the sent the model but wrong colour my dad neeed the car right away so the salesman gave him a pretty hefty discount and 2 free Mazda mugs :D

civic_stylez
05-05-2005, 03:43 PM
we bought our mazda 6 at kramer and they were really good to us. we were going to buy from sunridge but the people at kramer went the extra mile to make sure we were happy with our car.

AsianCaucasian
05-05-2005, 03:45 PM
Sunridge sucks. Really, really bad. They couldnt care less about you after you buy their cars.

Xtrema
05-05-2005, 05:31 PM
The only 2 negative posts are for Sunridge but it's a poll leader. hmm..... How many people work for Sunridge is lurking here..... :D j/k

SAiamNE
05-05-2005, 05:38 PM
North Hill ALL THE WAY!!!!
Not only on a normal basis is North Hill cheaper ( yes believe it ) but there service for parts is 10x better than Kramer.
I don't care how nice and new Kramer is, it sucks balls. Last time i just went to go and pick up some spark plugs and waited over 30mins. Then the dude trying to order my parts was trying to convince me i only need 2 spark plugs and not 4....
Oh ya North Hill gives student discounts!!!! 15%!
Last time i asked Kramer ~1 year ago they said no..
Oh ya Kramer won't let you order parts over phone that need to be shipped from say Toronto, North Hill does.
Overall experience from North Hill is A+++ I love em! :thumbsup:

BTW i do NOT work for them.. :D

Nix87
05-05-2005, 10:31 PM
I bought my Mazda 3 at North Hill and for sales I believe they are excellent. There service has been OK. Im going to try sunridge as there facilities strike me as more modern and well cleaner.

Nick

vcteggy
05-05-2005, 10:43 PM
I was looking at used cars at north hill, okay guys but not very willing to budge on pricing

Nix87
05-05-2005, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by vcteggy
I was looking at used cars at north hill, okay guys but not very willing to budge on pricing

Really? I got a lot of movement on the price with my vehicle. Then again it was a new purchase so they may have more room 2 move. :dunno:

vcteggy
05-05-2005, 11:12 PM
yeah they weren't in a rush to deal the cars I was looking at (newer imports)

Nix87
05-05-2005, 11:17 PM
yeah they weren't in a rush to deal the cars I was looking at (newer imports)

I hear ya i was looking at used cars and it was a whole new game compared to new vehicles.

1badPT
05-05-2005, 11:21 PM
My buddy bought his 3 at Kramer and he seems happy with the sales and service.

Sky
05-06-2005, 12:08 AM
I got mine in Sept 2004 at Sunridge.......YES they don't give a crap after you pick the new car up and drive off....

I was VERY disappointed AFTER I picked my car up.....kinda my fault for not being CAREFUL enough inspecting when picking the car up...

REMEMBER....spend all the time in the world checking your new car when you pick it up...cuz anything you find out after you drive off your pretty much screwed at Sunridge.

Go North Hill

DSM Power
05-06-2005, 05:28 PM
Kramer service sucks! They couldn't get a simple repair right so 3 strikes and you're out. :rolleyes: Their sales department gave us the royal runaround after buying there and wanting some post-purchase items fixed (under warranty I might add). :thumbsdow

Sunridge on the other hand has always treated me great and repairs are excellent. So YMMV.

AsianCaucasian
05-06-2005, 05:31 PM

Lol it depends if you're chinese or not... Racial discounting :thumbsup:

But yeah, they're not in a hurry to sell 3's if thats what you were looking at. They're in such high demand that they don't really have to bump down the price to make a sale.

three33
05-06-2005, 05:54 PM
Ok I am trying not to be biased but since i work at kramer its hard...from what ive heard sunridge is not a good place to go either for sales or service...northill can only be good to a certain extent because it is such a small dealership....it has 6 service bays and a small parts department...northill also orders about 30% of its parts from kramer....im sure all dealerships have had bad customer service at one point or another...i know for a fact that kramer mazda has a 95% customer satisfaction rate which is the highest in western canada....i dont know what else to say so i hope that helps....oh and if anyone wants a deal on parts or a car let me know...

ZorroAMG
05-06-2005, 09:50 PM
What deals (if any) have people got on Mazda 3 GT's at Kramer($$ off MSRP)....sorry to hijack the thread...

SoSlowDx
05-07-2005, 01:22 AM
We bought our 3 at Kramer and so far it's been excellent. The guy and manager always greets me when I'm there and even on the streets. Service is all right not much to complain about. :)

88CRX
05-07-2005, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by three33
i know for a fact that kramer mazda has a 95% customer satisfaction rate

those are BS stats..... fuckin' dealership and there customer satisfaction crap ass survey bullshit.

/end rant.

?????
05-07-2005, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
What deals (if any) have people got on Mazda 3 GT's at Kramer($$ off MSRP)....sorry to hijack the thread...

Yeah price wasn't the best at Kramer but service was pretty good. As for service i've been to North Hill which i though was pretty decent except for the small space they have which tends to make you wonder if you cars gonna get bumped up. I'm going in to Sunridge on Monday i'll let you guys know how it is.

?????
05-07-2005, 10:27 AM
Sorry for hijacking but if any mazda 3 owners wanna join us for a meet on the 14th please PM me. Thanks.

Xtrema
05-07-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by ?????
Sorry for hijacking but if any mazda 3 owners wanna join us for a meet on the 14th please PM me. Thanks.

I soon will be a partial 3 owner as well. Anybody got prices they want to share, even PM is fine if you don't want to tell them publicly.

My plan is get a loaded White GT Sedan without leather for $21K out the door, $4000 down and 0% over 24 months for the rest. Plausible?

?????
05-07-2005, 10:40 AM
It could be possible....just go to North Hill. I paid a little more then average for my car. Someone else who has the same car you want but different color got it for 24k out the door but they paid in full.

Xtrema
05-07-2005, 05:52 PM
^ Consider that they have 0% financing paying in full should be no more than $22K. And the initial wave of people buying the 3 seems to have died down. Civic has retake the crown of the top selling compact in Canada. So I got the feeling the dealers are willing to go a bit lower.

Willie Bobo
05-07-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by three33
Ok I am trying not to be biased but since i work at kramer its hard...from what ive heard sunridge is not a good place to go either for sales or service...northill can only be good to a certain extent because it is such a small dealership....it has 6 service bays and a small parts department...northill also orders about 30% of its parts from kramer....

North Hill and Kramer are owned by the same people. You probably should know this working there and all.

Nix87
05-08-2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

I soon will be a partial 3 owner as well. Anybody got prices they want to share, even PM is fine if you don't want to tell them publicly.

My plan is get a loaded White GT Sedan without leather for $21K out the door, $4000 down and 0% over 24 months for the rest. Plausible?

id say GT is possible but i dont think it'll happen if your looking for the gfx package as well..

walking_line
01-27-2007, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by Willie Bobo

North Hill and Kramer are owned by the same people. You probably should know this working there and all.

I don't think that's correct. I believe it's Sunridge and Northhill that are owned by the same people. I bought my car @ Sunridge and I recently went to Northhill for an oil change. It's true their facility isn't as pimped as Sunridge, but it still seemed ok.

khtm
01-27-2007, 08:43 AM
I've dealt with North Hill and was pretty satisfied.

If you work downtown they'll come pick you up from work and drop you off which none of the other dealerships will do. I think Sunridge just drops you off a the C-Train station.

Sometimes they're a bit sloppy in getting everything done you asked them to do, but they were always friendly and made sure I was satisfied in the end. They even stored my winters and replaced them for free one year.

Lex350
01-27-2007, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by heavyD
I've only dealt with Sunridge Mazda and it was amongst the worst service I've ever received. Not quite as bad as the worst ever (Honda West) but bad.

I'm with you on this one. Sunrisge sucks for service.

Lex350
01-27-2007, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by walking_line

I don't think that's correct. I believe it's Sunridge and Northhill that are owned by the same people. I bought my car @ Sunridge and I recently went to Northhill for an oil change. It's true their facility isn't as pimped as Sunridge, but it still seemed ok.

Actually the family that owns Kramer owns part of both North hill AND Sunridge. They get you money no matter what.

lilmira
01-27-2007, 10:57 AM
I got mine from Kramer. Sales is pretty good there. They have a very nice showroom with a lot of inventory. Service is not too bad if you know what you need. Don't expect them to be an expert.

I have pretty good treatment from sales at Sunridge also. I asked for testdrive on two vehicles. He just gave me the keys no question asked. However there is a guy who doesn't know what he's talking about with a bit of attitude. So it depends on who you are dealing with.

I haven't had too much experience with Northhill. I went there during renovation. The guy there didn't look like he wants to sell me a car so I moved on.

Never let those monkeys wash your car ever. They don't know they are doing.

rc2002
01-27-2007, 11:25 AM
All the Mazda dealerships I've been to are WAY too pushy, mind you I've only been to Kramer and Sunridge. When I'm making a big purchase like a car, the last thing I need is for someone to rush me on the decision making.

I find that Mazda is on the opposite side of the spectrum from BMW - the guys at BMW never push you and let you take your time buying.

projekz
01-27-2007, 11:47 AM
:thumbsup: for Kramer...Alsmost bought a Mazdaspeed 6 there.
I called in for info and the sales guy was more than nice. He even offered me to come all the way to Tuscany with the car to show it to me and for me to drive it. He drove the car to my place at 7 pm on a monday night and I drove it. I ended up buying something else and called him to let him know and he appreciated the call and was very nice about it.

Dren
01-27-2007, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by heavyD

I Agree the Worst possible Service i ever had at a Car dealership was at Sunridge. The sales guy was like woo your moving up in the world...was driving a 94 accord at the time..and we were lookin at a mazda 3. So pushy he's telling me the trade in value in the first 15 mins...Saying that it would be like night and day driving a mazda 3 compared to the accord.