PDA

View Full Version : Lottery scam busted by my dad?

duffspec
05-05-2005, 08:28 AM
I got a story for you guys. Well here goes. If your asian the majority of your parents/ family have aspirations of winning the 6 49 or the super 7. They buy it religiously like they eat rice.

My uncle looks up his picked numbers by dialing the lotto automated machine and realizes that he had won a cool $10 from the extra. My dad a guy that is very humble goes walking with my uncle very often at prairie winds park. He decides that they will take a troght to the Shell in Castleridge which is very close to the park and claim the prize.
My dad walks in the store and heads towards the cooler looking for a nice chilled drink for the walk and my uncle checks the ticket. The lady at the till grabs the ticket and returns a stub stating that it already has been claimed! WTF my uncle was thinking. He says that the ticket was not checked and wanted the ticket back. She refused. Out of no where my dads all over her like white on rice. He was like let us see the ticket. She handed them a ticket. He's mad now and said "we circled the correct numbers with a pencil, this is not ours. I want to talk to your supervisor". The lady at the till shrugs them off and help the customer behind them. My uncle and dad talk amongst them self and turns toward the other teller. The other lady was like I can try to help you out. She got on the phone to the lotto place trying to get an answer, mean while my dad moves over to the side where he has full view of the back of the tellers and noticed a garbage right at the foot of the crooked lady. He blerts out "check the garbage by her feet" the 2nd lady hangs up the phone and dives in. There were 6 tickets that were in there, one was the winning $10 ticket. The 2nd lady looks over at the crook and gets on the phone. Turns out that the rest of the ticket were winners and they have'nt gone back to that store since.
I dont know what happened with that lady but, beware when you get your ticket checked. You could be the winner of 22 million and not even know it.

sputnik
05-05-2005, 08:40 AM
Whats your point... to check your numbers yourself or to not trust east indian people?

ronaldo
05-05-2005, 08:41 AM
shit that sux....y cant ppl just be honest??:dunno:
if that was me getting ripped off id go nuts on that lady:whipped: :guns:

ronaldo
05-05-2005, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
Whats your point... to check your numbers yourself or to not trust east indian people?

:rofl:

thinmyster
05-05-2005, 08:43 AM
yeah but i usually check my ticket and know if ive won before i bring it in instead of them checking it for me.. I kinda thought something like this was possible if people werent paying attention and someone was like "oh you only got two right?!?!" Its not like your going to hand you 22 million dollar ticket to some stranger

sputnik
05-05-2005, 08:46 AM
edit...

Xtrema
05-05-2005, 09:08 AM
After they scan the ticket you should get a receipt saying exactly what you won or of the ticket was a dud.

So the problem could have EASILY been solved by just asking for the receipt that all lottery outlets are REQUIRED to provide. If you dont get the receipt ask for your ticket back, get it validated elsewhere and complain to the WCLC.

Definately less drama and easy way to call her out.

Always check ticket by yourself first. Even scans are known to be wrong (although very rare).

duffspec
05-05-2005, 09:18 AM
Like it state in the first sentance " I got a story for you guys." Man everyone is to over analizing, you should be able to trust people that are providing a service. JUST A BLOODY STORY.

sputnik
05-05-2005, 09:22 AM
edit...

duffspec
05-05-2005, 09:33 AM
Its easy to sit back behind the computer and judge and be critical of a experience, but take it as it is a reminder. Some people on the forum haven't had or incountered a problem. It was ment to be a heads up. I never asked for you to waste your time, I simply thought people would become aware of some issues.

sputnik
05-05-2005, 09:36 AM
edit...

ronaldo
05-05-2005, 09:38 AM
:drama: haha take it easy guys

duffspec
05-05-2005, 09:40 AM
:closed:

lint
05-05-2005, 09:43 AM
After they scan the ticket you should get a receipt saying exactly what you won or of the ticket was a dud.

So the problem could have EASILY been solved by just asking for the receipt that all lottery outlets are REQUIRED to provide. If you dont get the receipt ask for your ticket back, get it validated elsewhere and complain to the WCLC.

If you had bothered to read the original post, the lady did scan "A" ticket and provided a stub that said that the prize had already been claimed. The problem isn't EASILY solved if the lady is dishonest and won't give you back your original ticket.

Then if its just supposed to be "a story" please least tell us in advance that it is a melodramatic piece of fiction so that we dont waste our time on it.

The point of the story is that the lady switched his dad's $10 winning ticket with a dud, and then gave a false receipt, throwing the real winning ticket into the trash hoping to collect it for herself later. Hence the scam, and not some "melodramatic piece of fiction". He's just telling people to check their own tickets, because you might not be able to trust the person behind the counter. And not everyone who buys a ticket knows the numbers. Plenty of people just quick pick their numbers, so if you got a dud receipt, you might not know it and might have had a winning ticket.

And just an observation, but you seem to love wasting your time, posting in threads that you say you don't care for, and shitting on other people's posts. You really should pull your almighty head out of your rather cavernous ass.

tictactoe2004
05-05-2005, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by lint

And just an observation, but you seem to love wasting your time, posting in threads that you say you don't care for, and shitting on other people's posts. You really should pull your almighty head out of your rather cavernous ass.

:werd: :werd:

max_boost
05-05-2005, 09:50 AM

If you had bothered to read the original post, the lady did scan "A" ticket and provided a stub that said that the prize had already been claimed. The problem isn't EASILY solved if the lady is dishonest and won't give you back your original ticket.

The point of the story is that the lady switched his dad's $10 winning ticket with a dud, and then gave a false receipt, throwing the real winning ticket into the trash hoping to collect it for herself later. Hence the scam, and not some "melodramatic piece of fiction". He's just telling people to check their own tickets, because you might not be able to trust the person behind the counter. And not everyone who buys a ticket knows the numbers. Plenty of people just quick pick their numbers, so if you got a dud receipt, you might not know it and might have had a winning ticket.

No shit:werd:
Sputnik Almighty! LOL:rofl:

infected
05-05-2005, 10:15 AM
Thats why you should check the numers to make sure they match everytime.

BokCh0y
05-05-2005, 10:54 AM

:werd: :clap:

lint for mayor

ronaldo
05-05-2005, 10:56 AM
^^^^haha i second that

lastprodigy
05-05-2005, 11:02 AM
so what the fuck does it have to with brown ppl....even the chinamen lottery dealers are scammers too as are the white people it happens everywhere

sputnik
05-05-2005, 11:18 AM
I apologize for my comments. I misread the initial post and to be honest was more irritated that so much emphasis was put on the fact that the worker was was "east indian" than anything else.

I again apologize and will edit out my posts accordingly.

lastprodigy
05-05-2005, 11:41 AM
^^ wasnt even directed at you, moreso the original poster!

youngbex
05-05-2005, 12:12 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

duffspec
05-05-2005, 12:52 PM
Sorry if there was to much detail in the post. I don't mean any disrespect. I commented about my family also, its just what happened. If it indeed the thread gets into the racial thing I will get it removed. IT'S NOT ABOUT RACE and NEVER WAS intended. It can be anybody to scam you, it just happen to turn out that way.

Sorrik
05-05-2005, 01:37 PM
:english: lol i'm just kiddin