PDA

View Full Version : exhaust

redline_13000
01-10-2003, 05:22 PM
hey guys..i want to put a dual exhaust on the jimmy..not straight from the engine but from the muffler..not looking for power just looks..where can i get this done nicely? any performance issues if i do this? how much am i looking at? thanks

GTS Jeff
01-10-2003, 05:27 PM
it wont affect performance at all if u just put on a tip over your stock tip. if u get an entire muffler, it will be louder, but again, performance wont be affected.

is there any chance that ull reconsider doing this tho? i tihnk a lot of ppl would agree that having an exhaust just for looks is kinda ghey

redline_13000
01-10-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
it wont affect performance at all if u just put on a tip over your stock tip. if u get an entire muffler, it will be louder, but again, performance wont be affected.

is there any chance that ull reconsider doing this tho? i tihnk a lot of ppl would agree that having an exhaust just for looks is kinda ghey

i dont want a tip..i want a single tube coming out of each side...ive seen it done to a jimmy and it looks great

GTS Jeff
01-10-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by redline_13000

i dont want a tip..i want a single tube coming out of each side...ive seen it done to a jimmy and it looks great oh i see, so u will need 2 mufflers then. there are a bunch of places around town thatll do that for u. ive heard that carline is a good muffler shop, thats where im going to take my car soon.

anyway, i agree that dual exhaust will look good, but when people look closer and realize that one of the mufflers isnt even attached and that theres no performance gain from a mod that looks like it gives a performance gain...they will laugh their asses off and wonder why your ride doesnt have altezzas and washer leds to with the fake exhaust.

redline_13000
01-10-2003, 05:37 PM
this is what i want to do...crappy pic but u will get the idea..will i NEED 2 mufflers? why not just the addition with a y piece or something?

Nix87
01-10-2003, 05:41 PM
If you wanted just tips i know Canadian Tire has some good stainless steel ones... :D j/k any muffler shop in town would probably have some good advice.

Nick

ramminghard
01-10-2003, 06:14 PM
I have seen that setup on a blazer done at Calgary Muffler. It had a single in and dual out muffler(so you only need one). The rest is just running the pipes. Fairly easy. Give Clagary muffler a call and talk to them. I know that they are really good.

ninspeed
01-12-2003, 12:09 AM
i would get a muffler with a single in, and dual out.. the exaust will seperate evenly out of the two pipes. I hate when people just slap a Y in line.. when you stomp on it, most of the exaust ends up going straight anyways

theken
01-12-2003, 12:40 AM
run a y pipe from after your cat then put 2 mufflers on and run them straight out the back, (or you could run 2 pipes from your headers :thumbsup:)

Hipermax_d
01-12-2003, 03:30 PM
how about car line muffler???
they have good reasonable prices and can do whatever you want to do

ramminghard
01-12-2003, 03:34 PM
Using two mufflers is just a waste of money. no performance gains at all.