PDA

View Full Version : What will it take?

Ncturnal
05-05-2005, 04:30 PM
Hey guys, in working with Redlyne_MR2 and dj_twinturbo over the past several months, we got another MR2 related board for you to use with your own section at www.albertamr2.com. So far it hasn't been very well recieved, and I was curious to know why that is and what it would take to get you to use it? I don't mind honest feedback, and if you are against the idea, please let me know, or let me know what I can improve. On another note, for thoes going to BC2005, I hope to see you there.

Honda_002
05-05-2005, 04:48 PM
I checked it out, and it looks great.
You should add a homepage maybe instead of having just a forum

Ncturnal
05-05-2005, 04:51 PM
We offered and are willing to do that if it is wanted. We'd need more input from the Alberta people in order to facilitate that. I setup www.albertamr2.com with it's own web space that is presently just redirecting to the forum, so everything is ready once we get content, images and an idea of what you want on the intro page. :)

Redlyne_mr2
05-05-2005, 09:52 PM
Hey Brian, I'm going to look at having some banners and such made and then perhaps trying to input any threads that are here onto albertamr2. I think that Beyond is just very convenient because its local and there are other things here to view rather than just MR2 info. I wish the scene was big enough to split it between the 2.

Ncturnal
05-05-2005, 10:04 PM
I understand there are local interest, but at some point, I know the guys visit the MR2 Boards. A while back there was a request to create a new board, oddly enough, right at the same time we were doing that very thing. http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=75716 We have a long road ahead to make the new board as viable of a resource and so we need help getting the momentum going. We hope to offer a friendlier environment than our predecessors have while still making it a valuable resource. We keep in mind that it is the members that make it a great community. If you have any ideas on how we can improve, we are open to your suggestions. Our offer to the Alberta MR2 Owners stands. Hope to see you there.

stealth
05-05-2005, 11:08 PM
I was trying to contact the owners of 780tuners.com to get them to redirect our local mr2 forum to www.albertamr2.com but those guys havent gotten back to me since the board started...

ill try contacting them again.

Ncturnal
05-05-2005, 11:11 PM
It's cool guys. I don't want to "force" anyone over. It's a resource and it's there they want to use it. :thumbsup:

finboy
05-05-2005, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Ncturnal
It's cool guys. I don't want to "force" anyone over. It's a resource and it's there they want to use it. :thumbsup:

had i an mr2 it would be nice to have a site that brought togeather all the alberta owners, but the whole set up of that site is kind of...well...blah :dunno:

Zenshi
05-06-2005, 02:11 AM
The crowd for alberta mr2 is small I think. Most people that have mr2 hardly check beyond forums, IMO.

I think if there was a way to get it out into MR2OC, BCMR2, And OntarioMr2... maybe some misc toyota sites, we'll have more people start posting and what not.