PDA

View Full Version : allright, I have given up. (Need names of reliable/honest mechanics)

lam-boy
05-06-2005, 12:26 PM
so I am tired of working on my car, and not having it run.
I want to know who you guys would recommend I bring my car to, to have it looked at and get it running again.

My dad says we should just bring it into Acura dealership but I honestly hate them now. My dad took the EL there today to get a 'tune-up' and he has to sit there and wait because they 'dont' have any cars for him to borrow (2hrs wait time) for crying out loud, my dad isn't a teenager, hes in his late 40s and they won't even let him borrow a car. (and all the shady stories i've heard too..) and like people say, the moment we paid for the car they don't want to deal with us again.

please list names, location, phone numbers and such.
either way my car will be getting towed, so I would like to keep it close to my house (NE) but if thats not an option I am willing to pay more to get better/great service and from honest and reliable mechanics.

myself and the super trooper thank you guys all very much in advance. we would also like to thank the g2 guys, arif, jason and myron for lending me any type of possible information/time on trying to get this thing running but it hasn't moved.

:( :cry: sad to not have her on the road...:(

Weapon_R
05-06-2005, 12:26 PM
What exactly is wrong with your car?

EK 2.0
05-06-2005, 12:29 PM
Sorry we couldn't get it running Steve...

but check your pm's for a mechanic...

QuasarCav
05-06-2005, 12:30 PM
Have you changed the fuel main relay?

I have all weekend off and the G/F works all day saturday so I could come and give it a whirl. We can pull parts of my car and put them on your until it works!

Dont lose hope man.

lam-boy
05-06-2005, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
What exactly is wrong with your car?

well, it started about 2 weeks ago. I was in the parking lot at work. I started my car, and do the usual (seat belt, fix temp, change songs or whatever) was about to drop the e-brake and put it into first and roll out. car suddenly just died.

so me and my friend get out, check the car. didn't know what the prob really was. i cranked it the car sounded liek it wanted to go but it just couldn't do it. so we though "maybe a push start" can get it going. we had 3 guys pushign my car, i put it in first, dropped the clutch and floored it when i reached about 20km/h. rpms went up to 1300 adn then just died off even though I was flooring it.

i changed the ignitor, the rotor, iginition coil already, and it still doesn't run.

i read on g2ic.com

Engine rotates but will not start

- Fuel tank empty.
- Battery discharged.
- Battery terminal connections loose or corroded.
- Leaking fuel injectors, faulty fuel pump, faulty fuel pressure regulator.
- Fuel not reaching the fuel rail.
Ignition components damp or damaged.
- Worn, faulty or incorrectly gapped spark plugs.
- Broken, loose or disconnected wiring in the starting circuit.
- Loose distributor is changing ignition timing.
- Broken, loose or disconnected wires at the ignition coil or faulty coil.

it could be any of those. I have about 60-70% of my tank with gas still.
battery is still good because i could arm/disarm my alarm and still lsiten to music and such.
i'm not sure about the fuel but arif knows the fuel is going because he heard it when he was at my house.
I get spark, even though its sorta weak I still get it.

now arif thinks its "a bad distributor, coil, pick up, and or the fuel problems we have already gone thru...if none of those solve it...then you should check the timing belt...it may have slipped a tooth or two causng the entire motors operations to be off slightly causing your no run condition..."

i don't really know for sure what the problem is now because there could be so many things leading up to this.

qusar, i don't know if I work tomorrow yet, but I have sunday off. but my dad is getting kinda impatient with this because I don't have a car and its taking up space in the garage. and im feeling kinda shitty without a car. i keep bumming rides off my friend and its making me feel cheap and shit because my car doesn't run. i know he doesn't really mind cause hes a good guy..but its causing alot of trouble because he has to leave that much earlier to get to work because he has to pick me up too (we work together. but he lives right by work and i live like 15 mins from it)

arif, thanks for the pm man.

skandalz
05-06-2005, 12:44 PM
please post if you find a good mecahnic in the NE

A790
05-06-2005, 01:14 PM
Maccall Brake and Muffler
291-2143

legendboy
05-06-2005, 02:08 PM
Things I would try:

Known working dizzy

Known working ecu, and pgmfi module, check all fuses

Check oil for signs of coolant - check plugs

Check cam timing alignment, who knows, your tentioner could have worked its way loose....

Fuel filter

daryll8361
05-06-2005, 02:10 PM
try browns auto, stuart brown 250-8917.

max_boost
05-06-2005, 02:12 PM
Isn't your car under warranty?:confused:

Is this the 1.7 we are talking about?:dunno:

QuasarCav
05-06-2005, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Isn't your car under warranty?:confused:

Is this the 1.7 we are talking about?:dunno:

It's the DA.

It would be nice to drop it off a mechanic and get the car back in working order. I know the feeling and sometimes it's better to just say fuck it and get the car fixed. It will cost you more money and they are going to have to troubleshoot to find out what is wrong.

Have you checked the schrader valve at the fuel rail for pressure?

finboy
05-06-2005, 02:32 PM
fuel pump?

TKRIS
05-06-2005, 03:20 PM
Walter Slaney @ Anwalt International

www.anwaltinternational.com

Supa Dexta
05-06-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by finboy
fuel pump?

Exactly what I was thinking, car just dying like that fits the scenario....

:)

lam-boy
05-06-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta

Exactly what I was thinking, car just dying like that fits the scenario....

:)

i dunno if i stated it already but the fuel pump is working.

ek 2.0 was checking for sound when i threw my key into the "On" position. and everything seemed to be there.

Team_Mclaren
05-06-2005, 04:37 PM
sorry to hear...

Best Auto Service Ltd
Bay 21 920 28 St NE
Calgary, AB T2A6K1
Phone: (403) 272-1718

give them a try, my dad gets both of his cars service there and they are great group of people

legendboy
05-06-2005, 04:58 PM
if you really want to get it fixed by someone else, suck it up and tow it to silverhill.

who cares if they didn't have a loaner for your dad, it happens lol wtf

lam-boy
05-06-2005, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by legendboy
if you really want to get it fixed by someone else, suck it up and tow it to silverhill.

who cares if they didn't have a loaner for your dad, it happens lol wtf

i dunno i don't really want it to get done by a dealership because they will probably charge me and arm and a leg for something I don't need.

ever since we bought our car from there they don't really give two shits about us.

infected
05-06-2005, 05:21 PM
Check PM :)

69cougar
05-06-2005, 05:31 PM
Go to Concept Autoworks on 19th Street and 35th Aven NE. John use to work for T & T for years also worked at NW Acura. He'll get you going
:thumbsup:

Weapon_R
05-06-2005, 09:43 PM
Silverhill will rape you :thumbsup:

And its understandable about the loaner, since your dad wasn't doing anything big. They will reserve the loaners for jobs that take more than an hour or two.

legendboy
05-07-2005, 08:04 PM
as far as i know silverhill doesn't even have service loaners, they have a shuttle that will drive you wherever you want to go and pick you up.

Redlyne_mr2
05-08-2005, 07:19 AM
Not sure if you have looked at this yet or not but it sounds to me almost like your alarm system has malfunctioned and is now not properly dissarming.

old&slow
05-08-2005, 08:24 AM
Here's another u can try as well...
Double J automotive.
Just east of Chinook Mall on 61st ave se.
255-4660.
Honest people

lam-boy
05-08-2005, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Not sure if you have looked at this yet or not but it sounds to me almost like your alarm system has malfunctioned and is now not properly dissarming.

I don't quite understand Ryan. My alarm works fine, i can disarm/arm it anytime I press the buttons on my pager.
if you meant something else, sorry i don't understand haha, you'll have to explain to me some more.

thanks for the posted info guys, if you have anymore send them my way, I will be towing the car out this week to a shop!

Redlyne_mr2
05-08-2005, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by lam-boy

I don't quite understand Ryan. My alarm works fine, i can disarm/arm it anytime I press the buttons on my pager.
if you meant something else, sorry i don't understand haha, you'll have to explain to me some more.

thanks for the posted info guys, if you have anymore send them my way, I will be towing the car out this week to a shop!
Well assuming the factory alarm is linked either to your ecu or directly to a fuel pump relay of some sort. The car might be thinking that the alarm is still on and it wont allow the fuel pump to send the fuel. Although I just read up and noticed that you already checked the fuel pump. Did you unplug one of the fuel lines from the rail and confirm fuel is infact coming through? The car should still almost start or even run rough if the ignition components are shitty. I would see if you know anyone with a good distributor you can swap in to test that out as well. If the timing belt skipped a tooth the engine would turn over very very quickly and sound abnormal. If it isnt any of the above then it has to be an ecu/wiring issue.

Weapon_R
05-08-2005, 07:22 PM
An easy way to test the fuel pump is to get at it from the back seat and disconnect your line at the top of the pump. Bring a pail to collect the gas and crank your car. If it pumps the gas, you're good to go.

tapout
05-08-2005, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by lam-boy

i dunno i don't really want it to get done by a dealership because they will probably charge me and arm and a leg for something I don't need.

ever since we bought our car from there they don't really give two shits about us. call amvic on those bastards

kirberman
05-08-2005, 10:31 PM
Assuming you have a Honda, bring it to Hu's Garage which is in the mini mall behind T&T Honda right beside Fat Kee resturaunt. He works strictly on Honda. I would trust that man with my life and I don't even own a Honda. He knows is stuff. Hope this helps

Edit: Phone # 403-250-6586

afrotl
05-10-2005, 12:13 PM
what is the number for concept autoworks I cannot find it in the book?