PDA

View Full Version : 93 Mustang Heat/Air cuts in and out

mustangchick
05-08-2005, 04:16 PM
I have a 93 Mustang, 2.3L; Right now and ever since I bought it, the air conditioning/heat comes and goes. Sometimes it works when I start the car, other times it comes on as I am driving, and sometimes for days at a time it doesn't work at all. It's been to the shop, and of course it works once they start looking at it, then they can't find anything wrong.
I've checked all the fuses - they're all good. I've checked the wires directly behind the switches, and they are all connected properly and seem to be fine. I found one set of wires that appeared to be loose, tightened them - it worked! Then I shut off the car, started it again, and... nothing.
Can anyone help me?!! It sucks not having air conditioning when it's hot out, and it's even worse not having heat in the winter.
Thanks!

Strugari
05-09-2005, 07:18 AM
Sound like an ignition switch problem. Try wiggling the key, or turning the key back just a little while the car is running and see if that works.:thumbsup:

tictactoe2004
05-09-2005, 12:42 PM
its a mustang, when they work, they work great... when they dont, drive over a big bump really fast and if something is broken it will usaully work again after that.... Worked for my car anyways... either that or hit the top of the dash really hard

:D

GTS Jeff
05-09-2005, 12:43 PM
Are you talking about the fan? The blower motor may be dead..

Weapon_R
05-09-2005, 12:59 PM
My bet is on the blower motor too. Probably either a loose connection or a dying motor.

Mad$ella
05-09-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by tictactoe2004
its a mustang, when they work, they work great... when they dont, drive over a big bump really fast and if something is broken it will usaully work again after that.... Worked for my car anyways... either that or hit the top of the dash really hard

:D

:werd: :werd: :werd: :werd:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That is how it is

mustangchick
05-09-2005, 02:29 PM
Yeah, when I hit a bump and it's working, it stops. Sometimes when I hit a bump and it's not working, it starts. Other times, when I get on the highway, after awhile it all of a sudden starts going again.
I'll have to get in there again and check the blower motor...
Thanks!

mustangchick
05-09-2005, 02:29 PM
Oh yeah, and hitting the dash a couple times worked for awhile too, but I think it's on to me now...